Just Cause 2 (PC) = $4.99 at D2D- requires Steam

Definitely worth it. Gave me a good 10 hours, but I was ready to be done by the end of it. You can get much more out of it if you're a completionist.

I believe it was $7.50 in the steam Christmas sale....and I just didn't quite bite (probably because I had already bought so may other games). But, for $4.99 I will buy it as I loved the demo on 360.

Thanks for the post!

Thanks much. Bought it from D2D. I actually didn't like the demo, but then again, I hated the demo for JC1 and loved the game, so hopefully the same will happen again.

The game is well worth $5 or even $7.50 which is what I got it for. The game is awesome. The open world, the vehicles, the gunplay, the explosions. Its all really nice. The game is over the top and the story is nuts but thats the point. You arent supposed to take the game or story too seriously - just have fun. My siblings and I have put 96 hours into the game and thats quite good if you ask me. Thats at least 20 hours per person.

[quote name='wilflare']is this the cheapest on the game ever?[/quote]
I think so.

was it ever onsale with its DLC?
No. But, Steam has had all the JC2 content at sale - game and DLC - before at reduced pricing. *shrug*
So, you might wanna keep your eyes peeled for that.
I think I've gotten to the point where I often just careless about certain kinds of DLC... *shrug*

Fantastic game, I think this is the cheapest I have ever seen the PC version at.
The gameplay is a lot of fun and it is probably one of the best looking PC games out right now in my opinon (It looks so awesome with my GTX 590 :D)

Never purchased anything from GG or D2D? Both fine to buy from? I assume both will just send a key that I can use on Steam.

[quote name='JMCAG']Never purchased anything from GG or D2D? Both fine to buy from? I assume both will just send a key that I can use on Steam.[/QUOTE]

D2D is owned by IGN and about to be owned by gamefly, so yeah, they're pretty safe. And yes, the code will be in your list of games. Even though it will prompt you to, there is no reason at all to download anything from D2D. Just go enter the code on steam.

[quote name='JMCAG']Never purchased anything from GG or D2D? Both fine to buy from? I assume both will just send a key that I can use on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Yes, both are highly reputable. No worries about purchasing from either place.

Thank you very much for posting this OP. Already own it on PS3, fantastic game. In the process of upgrading my PC and can't wait to play this on max settings with some mods.

As I've bought from both GG and D2D in the past, yes.

D2D is owned by IGN - rumor is GameFly is likely buying them out.
Gamersgate is owned by game-publisher Paradox.

They both work similar - they will give you a Game Key in your "My Games" list.
Since this is a Steam-required game, you can avoid downloading from wherever you bought the game.
Just install Steam, if you haven't already.
Then, just register the game key on Steam.
Then, let Steam handle the rest - the downloading and updating and whatnot.

[quote name='neverletthem']A788A085A5E0EACBC88647067BD65EDA drops it down to 4.24 over at Direct2Drive.[/QUOTE]

What? That's the craziest promo code I've ever seen. But good for people who wanna save 70 cents?

Bloody awesome as in "full of blood awesome"? Or bloody awesome as in "British slang expletitive awesome"?

Edit: Thought so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']What? That's the craziest promo code I've ever seen. But good for people who wanna save 70 cents?

Bloody awesome as in "full of blood awesome"? Or bloody awesome as in "British slang expletitive awesome"?[/QUOTE]

British slang.

Direct2Drive sucks. It apparently won't let you change your funding method through PayPal from bank account to credit card. After I completed the processing through the PayPal site, then it wants me to confirm my phone number or something by having them call me. Okay cool, except every time I enter my number it says "ERROR: Contact Customer Support" On top of all of that, they charge me tax.

Gamersgate? Transaction was done from site sign-up to downloading game through Steam in 45 seconds.

Thank you OP, I almost bought this game earlier this week for $13 to test out my new video card. I just want it for the mods!

Can't resist, picking it up for $4.24 from D2D using the code. I was waiting for the magical $5 mark, and the Steam activation only makes it that much better (I figured it would be part of the upcoming summer sale anyway, so now I just get it a little sooner). Just a heads up though that the game will not work in Windows XP, requires DirectX10 so it's a Vista/7 only game.

Also, normally people are convinced to buy games from trailers or video reviews, but for me, it was this glitch reel that sealed the deal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF3ypL0hCuI

Just bought through GamersGate. D2D kept having a server error, so i said screw it. Just activated on Steam no problem.

[quote name='Edge']Can't resist, picking it up for $4.24 from D2D using the code. I was waiting for the magical $5 mark, and the Steam activation only makes it that much better (I figured it would be part of the upcoming summer sale anyway, so now I just get it a little sooner). Just a heads up though that the game will not work in Windows XP, requires DirectX10 so it's a Vista/7 only game.[/quote]
Good point.
Added that it requires Win Vista or 7 ONLY to front page.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Is that D2D code limited to once per account?[/QUOTE]

Nope. However, the code does change throughout the day, so it will stop working. I just added a game to my cart and used the same code and it applied the discount.

I tried to get from D2D but it asked for my phone number and when I put it in I got an error saying to call CS... not worth the hassle, screw D2D

Got from gamersgate who don't make you jump through fire hoops

[quote name='neverletthem']A788A085A5E0EACBC88647067BD65EDA drops it down to 4.24 over at Direct2Drive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP and neverlethtem for the code. Just bit on Just Cause 2 for $4.24, grabbed the steam code and going to dl later.

Thanks op! I skipped this game when it was on sale last time and I've been kicking myself ever since! Can't wait till my internet is up again so I can try it out!

I love the physics in this game. They are so absolutely broken. How to stop yourself from taking fall damage? GRAPPLE TO THE GROUND AND GO FASTER!

bread's done
Back