Just Cause 2 - Worth This Price?

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!
I'm tempted to pick up Just Cause 2, but the logic brain part of me tells me to don't do it, you idiot.

I can get this deal on Amazon:

$59.00 - $10 Amazon credit = $50 + additional $15 dollar credit.

I like that deal, but my fear is the price will soon drop on this title. I have a huge backlog as it is, and JC 2 doesn't appear to be a must have AAA title. More like a Red Faction which can be found used for 10 bucks now.

[quote name='kingkiller33']I like that deal, but my fear is the price will soon drop on this title. I have a huge backlog as it is, and JC 2 doesn't appear to be a must have AAA title. More like a Red Faction which can be found used for 10 bucks now.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. JC2 looks cool, I like open world games, but it will probably be available for $20 or less in 6 months.

I say wait. Save your money for must-have AAA titles and work on that backlog.

[quote name='BingoBrown']My thoughts exactly. JC2 looks cool, I like open world games, but it will probably be available for $20 or less in 6 months.

I say wait. Save your money for must-have AAA titles and work on that backlog.[/QUOTE]

^ This. I have to start clearing all this games out. Gamestop's B1G1 also didn't help my backlog clearing mission.

Just Cause 2 seems great, but I will wait until a $30 or less price.

[quote name='CSKit']KMART will have Just Cause 2 for $44.99, there's a $10 off KMART coupon floating around here too.[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the $10 off a $20+ purchase, the coupon appears to either be dead or at least YMMV to some extent after yesterday's heavy usage of it.

I played the demo, and while fun, didn't seem like a must play/full price game.

I plan to pick this up for $20 somewhere down the line and enjoy the hell out of it.

Don't worry about what you pay for it, you can always just sell it on Ebay and get at least half back (hopefully) :)

It seemed to be worth MSRP based on what I saw in the demo however, as you said, it doesn't seem to be a AAA title so it'll have to price-drop to compete with the other games soon plus if you have a decent backlog already it fails to have that "MUST PLAY IT NOW" impression where you'd have to get it right away and since it's a single player game, there's no need to worry about the multiplayer base diminishing either.

Yeah I agree with the posters here.

When I played the demo, I thought it was a lot of fun, but there were a lot of shortcomings in terms of the design, like bodies that instantly disappear, etc.

So I think you'll be seeing this for $20 or so in a few months as well.

Had a blast with the demo, no pun intended. Already preordered from Gamestop but the $45 KMart deal is too good to pass up.

I think this game will be on sale in no time as well but I can't stop playing the demo and I sold all my games during the 50% sale. =]

I liked the whole premise. My problems were the cover system and the controls. Is there even a cover system? Any slider tips for the controls that felt clunky.

My 2 cents: Work on the backlog and only buy games once your done with said backlog OR if you find a game that you don't have very very cheap. I have stopped buying new games until I finish the ones I currently own.

bread's done
Back