Just downloaded the new firmware for PSP (1.5)

Jrunt20x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just downloaded the new firmware to my psp (a japanese unit) so now I have the same firmware as all of you who bought one last night and today. I was glad to see how simple the process was. All I did was select system updates and my psp did the rest. Great for all of us to know for the future as sony will hopefully make more updates as time goes on.

yeah same here, I updated too :) took me awhile because I had to update the router firmware before my psp was able to connect to the internet.

Potentially the PSP could get game demos off the internet but it isn't something Sony is promoting yet. It may be part of a future update. They'll probably enable demo sharing from their in-store kiosks via the game sharing feature sometime in the next year.

I did the same.

I also connected to the game lobbies for NBA but noone would accept my challenges :(

I've also tried tunneling the PSP through KAI but you need a wireless CARD for that :)

[quote name='madhu1']enable link pls[/QUOTE]

Dude..you realize that the last post in this thread is from March 2005....Its pretty much August 2006. Oh and the newest firmware is far from 1.5, its 2.8(Should have been a hint that this was really old)

[quote name='cleaver']To me, the newest firmware will always be 1.5.[/quote]

Comments like this make me wonder why people who state sed comments even frequent this board. If your still using 1.5 firmware all your playing are emulators. No current games, your not purchasing anything ,not supporting the community with views, not supporting the system with game purchases. Lastly why would you pay 250 dollars for a portable emulator machine *boggle*.

[quote name='PhoenixT']Comments like this make me wonder why people who state sed comments even frequent this board. If your still using 1.5 firmware all your playing are emulators. No current games, your not purchasing anything ,not supporting the community with views, not supporting the system with game purchases. Lastly why would you pay 250 dollars for a portable emulator machine *boggle*.[/quote]
Your ignorance is amazing. 1.5 can play ALL PSP games, including ACTUAL UMD's.

Gotta love trolls...

[quote name='Bezerker']Your ignorance is amazing. 1.5 can play ALL PSP games, including ACTUAL UMD's.

Gotta love trolls...[/quote]

yep;)

o and psp is $200 nowadays

[quote name='PhoenixT']Comments like this make me wonder why people who state sed comments even frequent this board. If your still using 1.5 firmware all your playing are emulators. No current games, your not purchasing anything ,not supporting the community with views, not supporting the system with game purchases. Lastly why would you pay 250 dollars for a portable emulator machine *boggle*.[/QUOTE]
Do a little search. Its called DEVHOOK. It emulates 2.0-2.71 firmwares FULLY! and lets you play UMDs without having to upgrade.

[quote name='Bezerker']Your ignorance is amazing. 1.5 can play ALL PSP games, including ACTUAL UMD's.

Gotta love trolls...[/quote]

actually it wasnt a trolling attempt and what are you doing ripping them off the disk somehow. I remember reading several games needed at least 2.7 firmware to play that was my understanding of it. Way to be an ass explaining it though

[quote name='iazybandit']Do a little search. Its called DEVHOOK. It emulates 2.0-2.71 firmwares FULLY! and lets you play UMDs without having to upgrade.[/quote]

thanks for explaining it. I didnt bother with working around the firmware updates since I bought the thing to play PsP games so the updates don't really bother me basically if it dosent crash the system then I don't care. Its nice those of you that want to keep 1.5 forever have a way to keep it on your system kudos to you. I don't see homebrew being worth the hassle of having all this junk on the system myself but to each their own.

[quote name='PhoenixT']Comments like this make me wonder why people who state sed comments even frequent this board. If your still using 1.5 firmware all your playing are emulators. No current games, your not purchasing anything ,not supporting the community with views, not supporting the system with game purchases. Lastly why would you pay 250 dollars for a portable emulator machine *boggle*.[/QUOTE]
Not gonna flame, but if you search the PSP forum I have commented on what I consider almost every elite release this year.

And in the 90s I literally dreamed of having a portable SNES without having to carry around carts.

1.5 has the advantage of Devhook. You can either play the UMD version at 222mhz (normal clock speed) or you can "overclock" (the PSP processor was made to play at 333mhz, but lowered to 222mhz for longer battery life) it to 333mhz for much faster loading times (which helps a lot with games like Smackdown Vs. Raw & Untold Legends.) Along with all the other features of 2.71 (rss, location free, internet).

The emulators arent too great on the PSP, quite a few SNES games dont run too well, and the GBA emulation isnt much better.

The only downfall really is that when they come out with a new firmware, were left in the dust (assuming there are any decent updates) for a random amount of time. So far 2.8 has already been dumped, it just needs to be decrypted to work with devhook and then we'll be able to have RSS video as well.

YOu can even have custom firmware that lets you boot up 2.71 firmware with a simple button combination (devhook needed). Even apps.

[quote name='yukine']I wish I never updated my PSP's firmware, god damnit. I didn't know emulation was possible on it though.[/quote]

if its 2.6 or lower u can still downgrade IF u dont have a ta 083 board

[quote name='sky03']if its 2.6 or lower u can still downgrade IF u dont have a ta 083 board[/quote]

Nope, unforunately. I have 2.7, I don't have the TA-083 board, either.

[quote name='yukine']Nope, unforunately. I have 2.7, I don't have the TA-083 board, either.[/QUOTE]

At least, there's a higher chance of hope for you. I bought a used PSP so I could know what firmware it had (2.0->1.5)

[quote name='suko_32']At least, there's a higher chance of hope for you. I bought a used PSP so I could know what firmware it had (2.0->1.5)[/quote]
Well, I'm not going to update, not even for the RSS Video Streaming. Because who knows? 2.7 could be the next firmware cracked. I would really kick myself if that happened soon after I upgraded.

[quote name='yukine']Well, I'm not going to update, not even for the RSS Video Streaming. Because who knows? 2.7 could be the next firmware cracked. I would really kick myself if that happened soon after I upgraded.[/QUOTE]
Its already cracked. 2.71 that is. You can emulate it on 1.50 firmware with Devhook. So no need for downgrader.

[quote name='iazybandit']Its already cracked. 2.71 that is. You can emulate it on 1.50 firmware with Devhook. So no need for downgrader.[/quote]

I need to figure that shit out. So you can run 2.71 and all its features but retain complete homebrew/emulator capabilities? I need an idiot's guide.

Its really not that hard. Most of the downloads come with guides.

You can either get the new devhook patch which allows you to return to 1.5 mode without turning off your PSP, or flash your PSP (which can brick it if you do it wrong) with a custom firmware that allows for all features at 2.71

It seems $ony sent Booster a cease & desist letter and shut down his site because he put a decrypted reboot.bin file online. I highly doubt they'll be able to keep Booster down. He's got plenty of support, he'll find a host somewhere else

[quote name='iazybandit']Its already cracked. 2.71 that is. You can emulate it on 1.50 firmware with Devhook. So no need for downgrader.[/quote]

I think you misunderstood me. I don't have firmware 1.50, I have 2.70 on my PSP, which as far as I know, has yet to be cracked.

[quote name='depascal22']I have a 1.5 PSP but I'd hate to brick it. Are there are any idiot's guides out there for guys that aren't computer geniuses?[/QUOTE]

You have a 1.5, what would you do that could possibly brick it? Are you trying to flash it?

bread's done
Back