Just found this on CL, should I pick it up?

Jon Bon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I know these things were retailing for massive amounts but it's missing the gun metal gray controller. What do you guys think?

I am selling the Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid gun metal gray Playstation 3 released last year. This playstation has the 40 GB hard drive, 65nm processor and a matte finish. Everything I am selling is officially licensed through Sony (official cables). I am asking for $225 firm cash only. Here's what's included:

Gun Metal Gray Playstation 3 Console (40 GB Hard Drive) with Box
2 Satin Silver Dualshock 3 Controllers
2 USB Charging Cords
1 Composite AV Cable
1 Wall Charger for the Playstation Console

My phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Please don't call me with lower offers.

The controller is pretty damn valuable by itself. I've seen it sell for $100+. I would guess that somebody who wanted the console would want the controller too.

Well, if you don't have a PS3 it might be worth it. I was able to pick up this version of the PS3 when Amazon got some units in last December for $399 (originally $599 I believe) which he probably paid. The color in person definitely looks awesome and I still haven't gotten tired of it. It would appear that he was trying to part out his system piece by piece at first since he isn't selling the controller with it (as you stated) or the Limited Edition of MGS4 that was packaged with the PS3. Or maybe he is buying a slim and wanted to keep those.

As for the controller though, the color on mine is fading a little near the bottom of the grips. I don't use my PS3 nearly as much as I use my Xbox 360 so I don't know why it would start to do that but it has and it sucks. If everything is fine on it and you really wanted the color I would pick it up. Otherwise the recent price drop down to $299 kind of makes this too much for what it's really worth... a used 40GB PS3. However, if you think you can flip it and sell it to someone for more, by all means pick it up.

[quote name='Mako1215']I thought the MGS PS3s were 80gb?[/QUOTE]

There were two MGS4 bundles. One a regular black 80GB PS3 with the regular edition of MGS4 and some PS2 backwards compatibility. And the second one was the special Gun Metal Grey PS3 that was "exclusively" being sold by Konami that was a 40GB with a matching controller and no backwards compatibility. The 80GB sold for $499 I believe and the 40GB was $599 lol.

bread's done
Back