Just got 2 Premium 360s at TRU

jdevlin7756

CAGiversary!
I've never gotten to brag here before so here goes.

I just got back from the TRU in Muncy, Pennsylvania with two XBox 360s. Went in so my sister could shop for a gift and there were two left. Bought one for me and one for a gift. SWEET!!!

[quote name='pop311']did they say, "For display only" on a little sticker on the box?[/QUOTE]

NO, no sticker other than BONUS MEDIA REMOTE

[quote name='jdevlin7756']I've never gotten to brag here before so here goes.

I just got back from the TRU in Muncy, Pennsylvania with two XBox 360s. Went in so my sister could shop for a gift and there were two left. Bought one for me and one for a gift. SWEET!!![/QUOTE]

I just called and they said they didn't have any did they have any after you left or did you clean them out :p

all TRUs must have got some, i saw two at mine but they were forcing bundles, later figured out i could return the games since its rung up as if u bought each one separately, returned in a half hour and they were gone

[quote name='FOnewearl']I just called and they said they didn't have any did they have any after you left or did you clean them out :p[/QUOTE]

Yep. cleaned them out. It is a shame there weren't three, cause I'm not a horder and would've left one. Where are you from in this area? I grew up here, but am only back visiting my parents.

[quote name='Genocidal']Judging by the 'and there were two left' I'd say he cleaned them out when he bought two.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'd think but I figured what the hell I'll give them a call :) As many 360s as I've seen being sold from around my area on eBay I doubt they are selling alot of games around here lol

I was at this store on Monday and they had a piece of paper over the display boxes that said sold out or something along those lines.

Edit - I guess I didn't read 'and there were two left' as clearly as I should have lol

[quote name='FOnewearl']That's exactly what I'd think but I figured what the hell I'll give them a call :) As many 360s as I've seen being sold from around my area on eBay I doubt they are selling alot of games around here lol

I was at this store on Monday and they had a piece of paper over the display boxes that said sold out or something along those lines.

Edit - I guess I didn't read 'and there were two left' as clearly as I should have lol[/QUOTE]

Actually that paper almost fooled me too. It was only on the core systems, but not on the premium. But the premium display sign was harder to see. Sorry.

[quote name='jdevlin7756']Yep. cleaned them out. It is a shame there weren't three, cause I'm not a horder and would've left one. Where are you from in this area? I grew up here, but am only back visiting my parents.[/QUOTE]

NP it's just hard to tell with these things. Before I read that you got the last 2 I figured I'd call but for all I know they'd be telling me that they are OOS when they had afew they just got in the back. I heard that they had a big fiasco at this store as they miscounted the systems on release day then ended up selling afew systems to people that didn't wait in line all night and it was a big mess with people threating to sue etc etc.

I was gonna get one at a TRU I hit today but they cashier said that in order to get the system I had to get 4 360 games with it.

youd think by now that the one per customer policy would be in effect. how is it possible to walk out with 2 of em?(3 days before christmas, no less)

i saw 360s at TRU during the sale yesterday - some guy bought one and kept pressuring the cashier to let him buy another because "He promised his mom he would get another". This guy was pushing 40.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']I was gonna get one at a TRU I hit today but they cashier said that in order to get the system I had to get 4 360 games with it.[/QUOTE]

Man, the bundle at my TRU was 6 games and a extra controller. I know I could've gotten one and brought back the games, but I didn't feel like going through the hassle (and I don't feel like getting a 360 at this point in time).

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']I was gonna get one at a TRU I hit today but they cashier said that in order to get the system I had to get 4 360 games with it.[/QUOTE]

I saw they had them in stock last night at the same store the OP got his at, saw a premium system box sitting in the back room they keep all the games over $20 in. They had a sign up that said the same deal as you mention about 4 games with it $600 at the costomer service desk. I'm thinking the OP got lucky and didn't have to get a bundle since he didn't mention it and then when they got some more they found out that they should be selling 360s as bundles as I'm guessing that's what all TRU stores are suppose to do when they sell 360s.

bread's done
Back