just got 8000 points :)

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!
what are some arcade games that i should check out?

i know im going to get castle crashers, mega man and some DLC from inferno and boarderlands. after that most likely will still have to many points, what are so me other things that i should check out? :)

gimmie yo points -.-

but i like splosion man, its fun if you like platformers... but you might die alot like me.
thats the only game i have besides a kingdom for keflings which got boring fast.
and the new l4d2 addon came out today, looks pretty cool and has a lot of acheivements.

Lots of games to check out: Castle Crashers, Final Fight Double Impact, Castlevania: SoTN, Geometry Wars, Shadow Complex, Pac-Man C.E., Perfect Dark, Splosion Man, Dishwasher Samurai, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, Braid, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and many more..

Hold on to them. You don't have to buy stuff just because you have the points. Save them for something you reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy want.

Going to throw another vote to several that have already been mentioned (and one that hasn't)

Geometry Wars 2
Shadow Complex
Pac-Man Championship Edition
'Splosion Man
Braid
Peggle
N+

[quote name='life.exe']Hold on to them. You don't have to buy stuff just because you have the points. Save them for something you reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy want.[/QUOTE]

LOL this might be good advice for 800 or 1600 points, but 8000 points? I say buy a few highly liked games people in here suggested, even if he doesnt have super interest in them, he might really like them after he plays them.

Oh yeah, dont buy bubble bobble unless you have friends to play it with. It doesnt have online play, which really made me regret buying it since i just assumed it would have online for up to 4 people. Though i do love bubble bobble.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Castle Crashers, Trials HD, Braid, Castlevania SOTN.

If you have GTA IV get The lost and damned.[/QUOTE]

What??!?! No, Lost and the Damned isn't worth 1600 points, Gay Tony is though.

[quote name='Kevfactor']what are some arcade games that i should check out?

[/QUOTE]
Keyword here is 'check out' not download. Download all costumes for Rumble Roses XX.

Why do people get 8000 points and then now know what to do with them? Gift?

Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex are great.

[quote name='freshzen']What??!?! No, Lost and the Damned isn't worth 1600 points, Gay Tony is though.[/QUOTE]

Both are worth it, but really it's a better deal to just buy them together on the liberty city stories disk regardless.

More votes for:

Pac-Man: CE
Rez: HD
Splosion Man

Don't fall for the Braid bait. While good, it's a one and done game. You will never play it again once you finish it.

Trials HD for certain. Pac-Man: CE is great, but if it were me I'd get the Namco Museum disc which includes Pac_Man: CE and other Live arcade games, and a slew of non-live-arcade games (the latter of which unfortunately don't have achievements, but still some fun stuff in there.)

'Splosion Man I have mixed feeling about. I'd wait for a sale on that one. I tried the demo and liked it, so bought it, but I find the full game frustrating and I waiver between it being hard fun and hard annoying. I was starting to think for a while that the "worlds" were a joke and maybe there was no world 2, which would have been incredibly annoying. Then I found it that in fact there was a world 2... and I wasn't sure that was any better. Recently I got back into it a bit, though and finally made it to world 2. In any case I don't think it's as good as everybody says.

Ahh. Please play the trial of Perfect Dark first.

I paid $10 for it blindly and quit after the second mission.

Archaic level design, vague objectives, wonky aiming controls = sad panda. I played the shit out of the MP when I was younger...but man...it hasn't aged well. If you like the shit out of the SP when you were younger, I'd suspect you love it though.

Braid
Castle Crashers
Shadow Complex
Magic the Gathering (if you like the card game)
N+ (if you have couch friends)

game add-ons may be worth it too.

[quote name='The 7th Number']LOL this might be good advice for 800 or 1600 points, but 8000 points? I say buy a few highly liked games people in here suggested, even if he doesnt have super interest in them, he might really like them after he plays them.[/QUOTE]

I used to think that that way too, but then I realized just how quickly points can disappear. Besides, XBLA has demos for all games. Kevfactor should use them to his advantage!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Ahh. Please play the trial of Perfect Dark first.

I paid $10 for it blindly and quit after the second mission.

Archaic level design, vague objectives, wonky aiming controls = sad panda. I played the shit out of the MP when I was younger...but man...it hasn't aged well. If you like the shit out of the SP when you were younger, I'd suspect you love it though.[/QUOTE]

I disagree about it not aging well. Now for single player, I did a run through of the single player and the AI is pretty sad considering what we're used too nowadays, but multiplayer is as fun as I remember. Plus there's a weekly cag night for it on Wednesdays as well.

If you ask me, it's worth $10 just so you can put proxy mines in the bathroom again. :razz:

Don't buy from the marketplace. If you're smart you can save money by buying for other platforms. Examples:

Braid - $15 vs. $2.50
Pac-Man CE - $10 vs. ~$15 for Namco Museum: VA
Rez HD - $10[?] vs. ~$15 for Qubed

etc.

[quote name='keithp']UNO--must have! I'm surprised no one said it yet.[/QUOTE]

True, that is well worth the 400 points.

[quote name='Corvin']More votes for:

Pac-Man: CE
Rez: HD
Splosion Man

Don't fall for the Braid bait. While good, it's a one and done game. You will never play it again once you finish it.[/QUOTE]

Co-sign. I paid for it when it was half-price or whatever so I don't feel too bad, but he's right.

[quote name='crunchewy']Pac-Man: CE is great, but if it were me I'd get the Namco Museum disc which includes Pac_Man: CE [/QUOTE]

$10 is well worth not having to put a disc in to play Pac-Man. It is a great collection though.

Trials HD? Toy Soldiers? Perfect Dark? Or tbh buy one of the full games on games on demand? There aren't too many great arcade games out there...

[quote name='abouttandoutt']Serious Sam HD[/QUOTE]

This is one I personally disagree with. Serious Sam is a GREAT game, don't get me wrong, but on the XBLA, it's only the first encounter. I don't know what it sales for now, but a couple years ago I bought it for the original xbox and it was the first AND second encounter for $20. Sure you don't get the achievements and it's not in HD, but in my opinion, the version on XBLA isn't the full game. (Even though it was released as first encounter and second encounter on the pc originally).

Soul Caster
Miner Dig Deep
Dig Dug
Pac-Man C.E.
Darwinia +
Action Arcade Wresting(coming soon)
Spelunky(coming soon)
Space Invaders Extreme
Dish Washer Dead Samurai

Go to marketplace.xbox.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much what everyone else has already said:

-Shadow Complex
-Banjo Kazooie
-Banjo Tooie
-Perfect Dark
-Splosion Man
-Trials HD
-Marvel vs Capcom
-Braid

GTA Lost and the Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony, and get the Angry Beavers off of the Zune video marketplace if you want an awesome show to watch

ohh neat my threat still on here hehe

little time im going to get boarderlands and dante inferno DLC and castle crashers. if i have any left over after that i'l bank it! looks like the market place is a rip off so guess i'm going to need to shop around for taht hehe. thanks for the advice!

bread's done
Back