Just got a 360, give me some suggestions

NeoSmith19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Alright I just got a 360 and I'm looking to play catch up. What are some good cheaper games to buy? I enjoy pretty much any genre except for sports.

You can get newer games such as COD 4, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, etc, for a relatively cheap price on the CAG trading boards. As for cheap games that you can find in stores: I'd recommend Crackdown, GRAW, Condemned 1

As mentioned before, Condemned and Crackdown seem to be going for pretty cheap. Gears of War is a good one to, I picked it up off eBay pretty cheap. With the sequel due out this year the price is sure to drop more son.

For cheaper games, check out Crackdown, Oblivion, Call of Duty 2 (although definitely get Call of Duty 4 at some point), Rainbow Six: Vegas, Gears of War (can be found for cheap used), and Project Gotham Racing 3 or 4.

If you want to play online you'll need to fork out $50 for a one year Xbox Live Gold subscription.

Yeah I definately want Condemned. I also want Dead Rising since I'm a huge zombie movie fan, but I've heard mixed things on it.

How is Quake 4? I was thinking of picking that up as a good $9.99 game.

There is a deal for Gears of War for 35$ front page. Crackdown is going for 15$ at Target. 40$ for COD4 if you are lucky. Otherwise 60$. Rainbow Six I think is still getting good deals.

A lot of great games on the 360. Here are some of my recommendations. Ive played all of these, but only own some. :cry:

Cheap Games

(These are some some good ones. I don't know what you consider cheap, but most are under $40.)
Viva Pinata
-Very underrated, pretty fun. Going for Platinum price.
Dead Rising
-Zombies, mall, hell lot of weapons, fun. Going for Platinum price.
Lego Star Wars
-may be a little kiddie for your taste, but fun. Going for Platinum price.
Gears of War
-One of the best 360 shooters. $60 retail, but you can easily find it for around $30.
Orange Box
- Going for around $60 but for the value its a must.

Games You Should Get Anyway

(You might want to wait a while for price drops if you're on a low budget.)Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4

-Great shooter for Single/Multiplayer. Going for $60.
Halo 3
-I know some may say its overated, but its really fun if you play online. Going for $60, but prices are going lower and lower online.
Guitar Hero 3
-Played this very little, but from what Ive played; very fun. You + Friends + Favorite Songs = a blast.

Good luck!

[quote name='Littlefields']A lot of great games on the 360. Here are some of my recommendations. Ive played all of these, but only own some. :cry:

Cheap Games

(These are some some good ones. I don't know what you consider cheap, but most are under $40.)
Viva Pinata
-Very underrated, pretty fun. Going for Platinum price.
Dead Rising
-Zombies, mall, hell lot of weapons, fun. Going for Platinum price.
Lego Star Wars
-may be a little kiddie for your taste, but fun. Going for Platinum price.
Gears of War
-One of the best 360 shooters. $60 retail, but you can easily find it for around $30.
Orange Box
- Going for around $60 but for the value its a must.

Games You Should Get Anyway

(You might want to wait a while for price drops if you're on a low budget.)Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4

-Great shooter for Single/Multiplayer. Going for $60.
Halo 3
-I know some may say its overated, but its really fun if you play online. Going for $60, but prices are going lower and lower online.
Guitar Hero 3
-Played this very little, but from what Ive played; very fun. You + Friends + Favorite Songs = a blast.

Good luck![/quote]

Yeah I'd consider anything under $40 for the 360 cheap. All of these games are on my list at the moment, except for Lego Star Wars and Guitar Hero 3 since I have them both on the Wii already.

[quote name='BMoD']Lost Odyssey is a great RPG if you're into those...[/quote]

Oh yes I love RPG's, that is on my list as well. But I am looking for some good cheaper games to pick up right now since I still need to buy a Hard Drive for it.

Burnout Paradise
I'm not a big racing game fan but I had a lot of fun with it. It's a big open world and it'll be even bigger when the free DLC comes out. It can be found for $30-$40.

Call of Duty 4
I'm also not that huge into shooters (not counting Counter-Strike and TF2 which if I add up the hours, it would be at a few thousand hours) but I really enjoyed the story/narrative and it even though I felt I did a little too much shooting, there are some great memorable missions. Do not play this game in Veteran mode if you want any enjoyment out of it. It's a short enough game where you can go back to it later. It can be found for $30-$40.

Call of Duty 2
I just traded for this a few days ago and although it's not quite as good as CoD4, I'm enjoying it... except I want achievements and I need to play Veteran mode. It's not as hard, not as good but it's cheap. It can be found for $10-$20.

XBLA Pac-Man: Championship Edition
Buy this. If you have any love for Pac-Man, buy this now. It's only $10 and if you buy your points online, they can be found for $1 per 100 MS point or cheaper.

Any of the Ghost Recon Action Warrior titles would be good. The first one is a platinum hit, so you could find it at 29.99 or less. Probably less used.

Also a headset and a Live account.

Saints Row I enjoyed immensely. Quite awesome. I love dressing up as Santa Claus and causing chaos. I would go for it. Right now you can get it pretty cheap used.

Yeah that's why I asked about it, I'm trading some stuff into Gamerush tomorrow so I figured I would pick up some cheap used games.

If you like TPS or FPS go for GRAW2 or Rainbow Six Las Vegas used. Try to get Saints Row or wait until the new one comes out because it should be even cheaper. Definitely get Gears of War. COD4 is a mus in my opinion.

Mass Effect presently sits on Target shelves at the cheapest retail price I have seen ($49). Call of Duty 4 is a must-play, and while its single player is short, it's a lot of fun and actually had me caring about the characters at the end. I second the Lego Star Wars recommendation. I also recommend Rock Band over Guitar Hero III. To me, the only thing good about the third installment is the wireless guitar. Rock Band's DLC is more quality as well. Dead Rising is a fun arcade-style beat-em-up with replay value, and, it's mostly seen these days on the cheap.

Multiplayer
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Rock Band

Shooters
Condemned
Dead Rising

RPGs
Oblivion
Mass Effect

Reserve
Fable 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

Oblivion and Mass Effect alone will set you up for months....

I finished Oblivion in 30 hours and I'm slower than most. I did a couple of side quests but they weren't that interesting.

I'm actually getting Oblivion from a friend for free. He has two copies (regular and GOTY) and he's giving me the older version.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards Dead Rising, Condemned, Quake 4, and Crackdown. I'm gonna be trading some stuff into Gamerush today, so I'll pick a few of them up since they are all pretty cheap.

I'll also get Bioshock when I get paid.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys. Keep 'em coming. When I can afford them I'm going to need help deciding when recent games to buy.

Since you're going to GR, I say pick up Kameo alomg with Quake 4. With their current promo, you can get both for around $10.

[quote name='NeoSmith19']How are Saints Row and Lost Planet?[/QUOTE]

Both are great, but I'd wait and pick up the Lost Planet:Colonies edition coming out in May for $30.

[quote name='deadite76']Since you're going to GR, I say pick up Kameo alomg with Quake 4. With their current promo, you can get both for around $10.
[/quote]

Ah yes I forgot about Kameo. I always wanted to try it but at the same time I'm skeptical because I don't trust Rare anymore like I used to.

If you like zombies like you said Dead Rising is a must have, it was one of the first games I had for the 360 and there's no mixed things about it. its a great damn game...long as hell and tons of gorey zombie killing fun and humor.

Also, the Orange box its worth it for PORTAL alone, although Half life 2 and its episodes are really awesome to play if you never have before.

COD4 is a must have you're looking for a great Multiplayer experience or just for a great Single player experience.

Bioshock, for a great (and grossly convoluted storyline) and smart gaming experience.

REZ HD, you wont regret it. Its just really good and trippy.

and since you love RPG's (personally i cant stand them or how they work) but i loved Mass Effect, its storyline felt epic and its Speech system is fun and funny at times and its just a damn good game and i cant wait for a sequal.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Shit I completely forgot about Bioshock. That game should take president over them all.[/quote]

george-w-bush-picture.jpeg

(by the way its precedent.........:bouncy:)

TIP: Don't pick up a bunch of shit games (being harsh here) if that money could be better spent picking up one great game.

[quote name='Hostile']TIP: Don't pick up a bunch of shit games (being harsh here) if that money could be better spent picking up one great game.[/quote]

I agree with that.

Although Bioshock is getting pretty cheap ;)

I ended up trading my stuff in today at Gamerush. I got $41.25 and picked up their last copy of Dead Rising, and then Quake 4 and Prey in their B1G1 deal. Gonna go this weekend and maybe pick up Bioshock and Condemned since I get paid tomorrow.

Oh and how is F.E.A.R. on the 360? I loved it on the PC and the 360 version was only $25 at GR, so I was thinking of maybe picking that up.

[quote name='Hostile']Call of Duty 2
if you buy your points online, they can be found for $1 per 100 MS point or cheaper.[/quote]

Where is a good place to buy points for a good price? My husband wants to download some GH3 songs

bread's done
Back