Just got a call from Gamerush

freezedried74

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
They just got 2 cores in. I was #10 on the preorder list and am next in line to get mine. I passed on the core and told him I will wait for a premium system. FYI this is the Gamerush in Wyandotte, Michigan.

[quote name='freezedried74']They just got 2 cores in. I was #10 on the preorder list and am next in line to get mine. I passed on the core and told him I will wait for a premium system. FYI this is the Gamerush in Wyandotte, Michigan.[/QUOTE]

Rumor is, in my town at least, that places all over town are getting shipments in.

I was just in GameCrazy, whom didn't get a shipment (yet, anyway). This is where I preordered my 360 (which I haven't got yet). The clerk told me that places all over town are recieving shipments and that she's waiting for their shipment (if there is one).

[quote name='Kastides']pick it up and sell iT!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah... an easy $200-300 gain is possible seeing as how a core system went for $700 recently.

If you want to deal with selling it and possibly making some money, go ahead and do so. You also take the chance of getting scammed out of it, as well, if things don't work out.

If you don't want a core, and do want a premium, just don't pick it up and let someone else have it.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you want to deal with selling it and possibly making some money, go ahead and do so. You also take the chance of getting scammed out of it, as well, if things don't work out.

If you don't want a core, and do want a premium, just don't pick it up and let someone else have it.[/QUOTE]

Word.

I passed on it so someone else could get it. Not looking to profit off of it. I would rather see some kid get it and not have to pay through the nose for it.

[quote name='freezedried74']I passed on it so someone else could get it. Not looking to profit off of it. I would rather see some kid get it and not have to pay through the nose for it.[/QUOTE]
Good man. Someone will be thankful you're passing on it.

unfortunately, by leaving them on the shelf, some other ass will pick them up and sell them.(probably somebody that an employee knows).

My friend got one in Newport KY today, he wasn't on any preorder list he just had been going every day since tuesday and waiting for their daily deliveries to see if they got a 360 in. Today they got at some in and had 1 extra premium after covering the preorders and he bought it. My GR got 2 cores in today and they are on hold for people on the preorder list.

[quote name='shrike4242']Good man. Someone will be thankful you're passing on it.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully some dickhead won't buy it. ;o

[quote name='freezedried74']Well I was there today and saw a kid and his mom getting one of the cores I passed up so I was glad it wasn't going to Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Well, it looks like a happy ending to the story. I hope that kid is happy and doesn't just get all the sequels. Oh wait, all the launch games are sequels. Hahahaha. I think we can get a good model on how the PS3 launch will also be handled now that supply is slowly starting to meet demand.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

Good for you, too many people are settling for those crappy Core systems when what they REALLY want is Premium.

Heres to hoping within a couple of years, the Core isn't even supported and it's just assumed we all got the hard drive.

[quote name='$hady']My friend got one in Newport KY today, he wasn't on any preorder list he just had been going every day since tuesday and waiting for their daily deliveries to see if they got a 360 in. Today they got at some in and had 1 extra premium after covering the preorders and he bought it. My GR got 2 cores in today and they are on hold for people on the preorder list.[/QUOTE]

They better not have sold one to a walk in! I'm on the hold list and was supposed to be called. I'm calling Mark, the Gamerush Manager and finding out whats up with this!

Edit:Just got off the phone with them. They only got 3 cores into Newport, no Premium Systems. Plus they still have 3 employee preorders which haven't been filled. Not trying to be an ass, just been waiting on mine and would have been pissed if they sold to a walk-in.

[quote name='freezedried74']I passed on it so someone else could get it. Not looking to profit off of it. I would rather see some kid get it and not have to pay through the nose for it.[/QUOTE]

This is the exact same thing I have been saying. I can afford one, and could pretty much have a free one just by buying an extra and selling it. But I know how hard my folks fought for the *OMG G0TTA HAVE* toy of the year when I was a kid. I'd rather give some parent the satisfaction. Hopefully some Ebay shit head won't get it.

I'd rather wait for Christmas money so I can enjoy the damn thing without thinking of the hole I just put in our bank account.

[quote name='Ronin4223']They better not have sold one to a walk in! I'm on the hold list and was supposed to be called. I'm calling Mark, the Gamerush Manager and finding out whats up with this!

Edit:Just got off the phone with them. They only got 3 cores into Newport, no Premium Systems. Plus they still have 3 employee preorders which haven't been filled. Not trying to be an ass, just been waiting on mine and would have been pissed if they sold to a walk-in.[/QUOTE]

Well all I know is my friend got a system yesterday (from somewhere) and he said he got it at GR. He's been watching for the delivery truck everyday at the Newport store so I just assumed it was that store but I never actually asked which GR. I just looked at his card and the last game he played is Bejeweled 2 so he has a premium or a HD and a core. I have no clue now...... I know I was at the Florence store and they only got 2 cores in, and I know of at least 1 employee holding out for a premium there.

[quote name='gizmogc']Can't you download games to the memory card? Or is it just the HD?[/QUOTE]

You can insert memory cards into slots on the display models at stores... I'm not sure what it lets you download, though.

[quote name='Brak']You can insert memory cards into slots on the display models at stores... I'm not sure what it lets you download, though.[/QUOTE]

the memory cards are pretty cool, you can have your live account, game data, and I think themes for the 360 dashboard (I'm gonna try it when I get my 360 back from microsoft). and I heard (and this is a rumor so I don't know if its true) but you might be able to save a little bit of music to it.

bread's done
Back