Just GOt a PS2

While I fully recommend what has already been mentioned, you should add in what kind've games you like and dislike. That'd make it much easier to help you. Edit: I see you added that you like Zelda games. That happened while I was typing this, my bad.

But yeah, the ones already mentioned are great, I'd add...

- Devil May Cry 1 (steer clear of DMC2)
- Kingdom Hearts
- Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (gets released here in a few days)
- Winning Eleven 9 (arguably the best soccer game around)
- Guitar Hero

Those are just to name a few

[quote name='BowChicka']Okay amybe i should say this, my favorite game series is the legend of zelda. Is their any thing like that?[/quote] Not on the PS2.

[quote name='pop311']Not on the PS2.[/quote] Didn't think so. Oh well, I'll give some of the above mentioned a chance.

- GTA Trilogy
- Metal Gear Series
- Gran Turismo Series
- Lord of the Rings Series
- Spider-Man 2 &Ultimate Spider-Man
- Prince of Persia Trilogy
- Star Wars Battlefront Series
- Madden Series
- NBA 2K5 and 2K6
- Mercenaries
- X-Men Legends Series

Just to name a few:)

For the love of pete don't waste money on GT4. Being an RPG fan I'd say Final Fantasy (both of them) Kingdom hearts 1 and soon 2. Katamari Damacy, and God of war should float your boat for many an hour.

Don't people say the Dark Cloud series is kind of a Zelda clone? I've never played either so I can't comment personally, but I think I remember hearing something along those lines in the past.

I'll add that if you've never played the burnout series, Burnout 3: Takedown and Burnout: Revenge are great on the ps2.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']For the love of pete don't waste money on GT4. Being an RPG fan I'd say Final Fantasy (both of them) Kingdom hearts 1 and soon 2. Katamari Damacy, and God of war should float your boat for many an hour.[/QUOTE]

whos pete?

[quote name='SteveGo']Don't people say the Dark Cloud series is kind of a Zelda clone? I've never played either so I can't comment personally, but I think I remember hearing something along those lines in the past.

I'll add that if you've never played the burnout series, Burnout 3: Takedown and Burnout: Revenge are great on the ps2.[/quote]

It's more closely related to ActRaiser on the SNES.

[quote name='BowChicka']I noticed that alot of the title mentioned i can get on other systems, like the cube and xbox. WHy is that?[/QUOTE]

Because you didn't specify you wanted ps2 exclusives...?

Don't listen to the negative comments.

Get Kingdom Hearts. I'm a huge Zelda fan, and I was greatly suprised how well done and fun it was. It is now one of my all time favorite games. I could play it over a 101 times and not tire of it. It is like Zelda in that it is an action RPG type game. I would say Kingdom Hearts is magnitudes better then Wind Waker, but not as fun as Ocarina of Time.

Let me save you time, money, and frustration. Don't even bother with Dark Cloud. That is one of the worst games I have ever played. I rented it and it was so bad I took it back with the excuse that it was defective. Got something else instead.

[quote name='Krueger']Sell it and buy a gamecube, then sell that an buy a 360 game.[/QUOTE]

GC sux. Dont listen to this guy. I bought My GC used from gamestop with several games and I haven't touched it since I bought Windwaker.

Anyway, before Krueger and Praystation turn this into a mindless system war, I would also recommend looking into a lot of PS1 games that can be played on your PS2. The big ones to look for are a lot of the Sqare RPGs (not just Final Fantasys) Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal games, MegaMan X4, a huge library of great games really.

Befor any one bad mouths the game cube again im giving my opinion. I like it more. I said it and thats all im saying. Its my opinion.

[quote name='ShimSham']It's more closely related to ActRaiser on the SNES.[/QUOTE]

Dark Cloud is more like soul blazer on the snes, if anyone remembers that game. The other day I saw a screenshot of soul blazer and it dawned on me that Dark Cloud had a very similiar story/adventure to soul blazer. Unfortunately Dark Cloud was the most frustrating game ever - I really wanted to love it. It felt so much like a throw back to old school rpg's, the simple graphics but charming characters, the monotonous song yet it was so catchy.

The only thing wrong with the game, which ultimately ruins the whole experience, is the weapons upgrade system.

Some PS2 exclusives that you should try:
mark of kri
shinobi or nightshade

bread's done
Back