Just got a ps3, but got a problem :(

pdiscool

CAGiversary!
Just got a ps3, but there some kind of problem. In initial setup when it asks to use hdmi cable (i was already using the hdmi cable) screen was turning on and off and making a sound. Then it went away after a lil bit. Now im enjoyin the messin around and stuff and i try out the ninja gaiden demo. When u start it up it has that black screen, i forget what it says but at that point it starts doin the crap again. Only for about 10 seconds of goin on and off like before. This alwalys happens!! Does anyone know if this is a faulty hdmi cable(monoprice) or sytem is bad or the 1.7 system update is bad? My tv is a westinghouse 37inch 1080p. Thanks for your help

There is a conflict between the earlier firmware Westinghouse 1080p sets and the PS3 over HDMI. The only solution is to either upgrade the firmware (not sure if it's available on the 37") or to use component cables.

Thought I'd recycle a thread than make a new one... Anyway.

I'm a new PS3 owner and well... for some reason it's not showing up on my tv. I tried using the provided av cable as well as my component cable from my ps2 but no go. Can someone help me out? Do I need the DVI cable? Thanks

edit: Problem solved with a reset.

bread's done
Back