Just got a PS3..what do you recommend

IOWABERG

CAGiversary!
So I just got a PS3 along the The Show (system seller for me). What do you recommend as some PS3 exclusives that I might be able to find a little cheaper now, less than $20? Any that have been out for a while. I like sports games, driving, and some first person shooters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valkyria Chronicles is a great game under 20 bucks and if your into downloading games Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty or Flower.

Uncharted is a stellar title, $25 @ GS used, $29 New
I've played it thru twice now and i find new things to enjoy each time.

I will second Valkyria Chronicles. In fact, it should arrive on my doorstep today. Both Uncharted games are good. Heavy Rain is great, but you might just want to rent it. Metal Gear Solid 4 is still amazing two years later. The God of War Collection is great whether you've played the originals or not. Demon's Souls is a challenging experience, but rewarding.

As far as downloadable titles: Flower, Flow, Everyday Shooter, Super Stardust HD, Any Pixel Junk game

$20 is tough just because the games you'll want are still pretty popular. In the $30 range, Uncharted is a must have and inFAMOUS is worth picking up as well. A LOT of people will say Metal Gear Solid 4; personally I couldn't get into it at all. I've been enjoying Ridge Racer 7 as well, although it's somewhat tough to find.

Endaar

metal gear solid 4 is awesome if you where into the older games, since it ties all of them together, it will be an epic experience for you if you have.

uncharted 1 was good, than get uncharted 2 so you will be familiar with whats going on, the addition of multiplayer makes it worth $50 if you can squeeze that amount now.

Grand theft auto 4 is great, i think you can find that around $20 now?

Then you can just just chill around and pick up $10 games off amazon, might not be the best games but they can fill your collection and waste time on.

FPS

Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Killzone 2

Should all be pretty cheap by now and are all great AAA Titles.

Uncharted 1 and 2 are must owns for any PS3 owner.

Cheap Great exclusive games :

Action games:
Uncharted 1
Metal Gear Solid 4
Warhawk
Racing:
Motorstorm PR
Gran Tourismo P
Adventure:
ratchet and clank - hear its a fun adventure game
Horror
Siren

Pretty much have to echo everything people said here, especially since you're narrowing it down to exclusives and around the $20 range. Resistance 1 and 2 and Uncharted 1 will cover your shooter fix. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, R7CF: Quest For Booty are great adventures and Siren: Blood Curse is a good horror game. I'd also recommend Folklore for adventure as it is pretty engaging and Heavenly Sword, though that is a bit short and can be finished quickly if you grind at it. Motorstorm, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and Ridge Racer 7 will cover you for racing though if you have Ridge Racer 6 for your 360 you can skip 7 and not feel too bad about it. Interestingly enough, you have the only exclusive sports game worth playing already so I can't give any recommendations there.

Uncharted 2
God of War 3 Mar. 16th
God of War : Collection ( play these before GoW III )
R&C a crack in time ..... a also tools of destruction
Motorstorm PR
Killzone 2
Little Big Planet ( must have)
Demon Souls ( very rewarding RPG )

and much more ...... just cant think of them at the moment

[quote name='mtxbass1']We really need a sticky thread on this. Not even two days ago (and 8 posts down) did someone ask this very question. It comes up two to three times per week on average.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253951 is the most recent thread.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with this on a general level, I feel that individual recommendation threads should be permissible if they are targeted.

For example (aside from this thread):

"Hey guys, I just bought a PS3; I'm a former Wii user, and I'm looking mainly for exclusive action/adventure games, or games in that genre as well as ____ that weren't released on Wii"

would be acceptable, I would think.

Hey andrews I like that sig man. Get MAG, GOW collection and 3, Killzone 2 Resistance 1 and 2 and Warhawk. As for multi platform games, I would go with Battlefield Bad Company, might want to wait a couple of weeks till they fix the issues.

Disney Sing It! - High School Musical 3: Senior Year is a definite must-have. I mean, it's as definite a must-have as all of the other 'must-haves' that people have been listing.

There are not a whole lot of bad games out on PS3 that came out in the last 3 years, so you got the pick of the litter.

bread's done
Back