Just got back from Kwik-e-Mart

smalien1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
It was awesome, it was the one in NYC so, it didn't really look like the Simpsons one because it wasn't in a parking lot, it was in the obvious setting a store in NYC would be, but the inside was really cool. I bought a 6-pack of Buzz cola, I haven't tried it yet though. If you have one near you you should really check it out.
Does anyone know when they go back to normal?

My friends and me carpooled to the one in Seattle last night at like midnight. It was awesome. Got myself a Blue Vanilla Squishee and a six pack of Buzz Cola.

HAW-HAW!!! I have 2 that I can go to. I don't understand why the hell they chose Henderson Nev. and Bladensburg Md., but I went to the Burbank one this morning.

The U.S. locations where a 7-Eleven store was transformed into a Kwik-E-Mart are New York City; Chicago; Dallas; Denver; Burbank, Calif.; Los Angeles; Henderson, Nev.; Orlando, Fla.; Mountain View, Calif.; Seattle; and Bladensburg, Md.

No Duff Beer = INSTANT AND TOTAL FAILURE. But I got a couple 6 packs of Buzz, and the limited edition Radioactive Man comic. They also had Krusty-O's and some other shiznit. Special Squishee cups for the Slurpees. And a bunch of merchandise crap for the Simpsons you can already get everywhere, like the cookies and clothing.

Here's how it was decorated. The entire front facade was painted to look like a Quick E Mart, all the names changed, they had a cutout of Bart and Milhouse drinking squishees on the roof of the building, and big old carboard cutouts of a bunch of the characters all over the place. The story linked below has a pic of one of the locations.

BTW the media was there in force.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5973.shtml

There's one that would take an hour to drive to...how much did they change the store to make it look like a Kwik-e-Mart?

None close to enough to visit, but I'd love to buy some Krusty-Os and whatever other shit they've got... besides the squishee.

i know that there are only a handful of kwik-e-marts...but are they selling all the simpsons products like buzz cola at every 7-11?

Oh heck yes, and Krusty-Os come with the jagged metal piece?
Nice, it's close to me.

Going to snag me some stuff.
Haha, I'm so excited. how lame.

[quote name='muncle']i know that there are only a handful of kwik-e-marts...but are they selling all the simpsons products like buzz cola at every 7-11?[/quote]

Yes.

Hence why I didn't buy a bunch of cola to sell on eBay, it's at 20 bucks a 6 pack now, but that's gonna plummet.

Ha, even the employees get cool Apu style uniforms.
I want one of those.

They also carry Radioactive Man comics.

I see how selling beer for a promotional thing is mildly inappropriate, emphasis on mild, but couldn't they have sold it with root beer or something?

Oh, also, when I was there, they had employees that CLEARLY didn't work there normally, either that or i'm just being 'closet racist' because they were like, suburban looking, waspy women (at the NYC one). So maybe like, Fox sent people?

[quote name='smalien1']I see how selling beer for a promotional thing is mildly inappropriate, emphasis on mild, but couldn't they have sold it with root beer or something?

Oh, also, when I was there, they had employees that CLEARLY didn't work there normally, either that or i'm just being 'closet racist' because they were like, suburban looking, waspy women (at the NYC one). So maybe like, Fox sent people?[/quote]It's not just you.
I just watched a vid of a walkthrough of the Dallas one.
Those are not regular 7-11 employees...

[quote name='dallow']It's not just you.
I just watched a vid of a walkthrough of the Dallas one.
Those are not regular 7-11 employees...[/quote]

It could be because it was almost 1AM when I went, but they looked like regular employees at the Seattle one. Another weird thing is there was a security guard posted out front, probably to deter vandalism.

by the way are the buzz colas and krusty-o's sold at a ridiculous price??

if so, count me out.

i was thinking of passing by a local 7-11 after watching transformers tonight.

I don't even think we have any 7-11's in the state, or if we do they're nowhere near me. Sucks, I'd at least like to pickup some Buzz cola & Krusty O's.

[quote name='muncle']by the way are the buzz colas and krusty-o's sold at a ridiculous price??

if so, count me out.

i was thinking of passing by a local 7-11 after watching transformers tonight.[/quote]

I was three bucks for the 6 pack of Cola. My store was out of things like Krusty-O's, so I can't give a price on those.

[quote name='Mojimbo']http://flickr.com/photos/rdr07/sets/72157600590001691/

Closest one is in Dallas, we don't even have 7-11s here anyways. :cry:[/quote]
Dude that's fucking sweet! If I had money and didn't hate flying as much as I do, I'd so take a trip there for a day, just for this.

OH Snap...theres one in LA
This 7-eleven on the corner of Venice Blvd. and Sepulveda has been converted into a Kwik-E-Mart.

I'll be making a pit stop this weekend.

Wow, I just looked up the address for Chicago, and it's in kind of a crappy neighborhood. Guess they're hoping for people to come there in droves and drive up biz?

Looks like every 7-11 store is selling Simpsons products, even if they are not converted into full blown Kwik E Marts.

Just stopped by the one accross the street from work and picked up a cold can of Buzz Cola ($1.18) and Krusty O's ($3.99). Then I found out that they had 6 Packs of Buzz Cola ($2.18) and picked one of those up as well. This is the best movie promo ever!!!!! They also has shirts, hats, and Radioactive man Comic "The Origin" I'm so giddy like a school girl right now, that my co-workers are making fun of me.

If anyone opens up their Krusty O's, let me know if its got a price inside.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like every 7-11 store is selling Simpsons products, even if they are not converted into full blown Kwik E Marts.

Just stopped by the one accross the street from work and picked up a cold can of Buzz Cola ($1.18) and Krusty O's ($3.99). Then I found out that they had 6 Packs of Buzz Cola ($2.18) and picked one of those up as well. This is the best movie promo ever!!!!! They also has shirts, hats, and Radioactive man Comic "The Origin" I'm so giddy like a school girl right now, that my co-workers are making fun of me.

If anyone opens up their Krusty O's, let me know if its got a price inside.[/quote]
Sweet. There's a 7-11 right next to where I live, so I'll have to stop by when I get the chance this week.

The closest 7-11 is about 8 miles (damn Arizona, and your Circle K's) I'll be making the trip though, I'm a sucker for good marketing like this.

Here are a couple pictures of the store:

0702071342.jpg

0702071404.jpg

Here's the Buzz cola:

0702071447.jpg

It basically tastes like Pepsi.

Inside the store they had random Simpsons related posters and shit hung up. There were also cut outs of some characters. The sweet part was there were drawings of some characters posted on the wall that were done by the actual Simpsons creators. My buddy and I asked if we could buy them or get them after the movie promotion ended and they said that they were going to keep them and when the promotion ended, they were going to put it in a plaque and hang them.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Can anyone give me the address of the NYC one? I may make a roadtrip in this bored summer haha...[/quote]

I don't have the exact address but I remember walking like 8 blocks down w. 42nd street after coming out of grand central.

Going to check out some nearby 7-11s this week for some Simpsons stuff, thanks for the info LP!

[quote name='Koggit']Okay, so it's in Seattle and I'm in Seattle, but how do I find out where in Seattle?[/QUOTE]

Here's the page for Seattle: http://www.7-eleven.com/kem_sea.asp

362 Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98109

just got back from my unconverted nearby 7-11...

as i drove up i saw the kwik-e-mart posting advertising donuts, buzz cola, comics, and cereal...i was getting so excited to get some...

as i walked in, everything was normal..bummer

the only they had was the simpsons squishee cups so i got one of those and filled it with cherry coke slurpee - they didnt even have the woo hoo vanilla!!

I guess I'll check another 7-11 tomorrow after my classes.

[quote name='smalien1']I don't have the exact address but I remember walking like 8 blocks down w. 42nd street after coming out of grand central.[/QUOTE]

well here is the address for those in the tri state area.

345 W. 42nd Street
New York City, NY 10036

i googled earthed it..and it says its Dyer ave and 42nd street.

bread's done
Back