Just got back from the interview..

CyReN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Just got back from the interview..

I just had my 2nd interview (1st was phone) with Geek Squad today. I had a resume and dressed with good shirt/tie/pants/shoes. Everything seemed to go ok in the interview and I answered the question to the best of my ability, no one word answers/umms etc. The only problem I have is they said they would contact me in 2 weeks to tell me if I got the job if not I didn't.

The thing that is bugging me is someone else there was interviewing with Best Buy and we talked and they where here for their 3rd interview.

The new Best Buy store isn't open yet either..I really hope I got it..

Maybe I worded it wrong but should I be worried? I haven't had a interview in awhile and I prepared for it and did well.

Well, chances are they'll need more than one Geek Squad employee since its a new store, so as long as you know how to sell services and antivirus software, you should be fine.

[quote name='CyReN']Just got back from the interview..

I just had my 2nd interview (1st was phone) with Geek Squad today. I had a resume and dressed with good shirt/tie/pants/shoes. Everything seemed to go ok in the interview and I answered the question to the best of my ability, no one word answers/umms etc. The only problem I have is they said they would contact me in 2 weeks to tell me if I got the job if not I didn't.

The thing that is bugging me is someone else there was interviewing with Best Buy and we talked and they where here for their 3rd interview.

The new Best Buy store isn't open yet either..I really hope I got it..[/QUOTE]
Send a thank-you note to the interviewer. Get a simple card, write the message by hand, but keep it short - just a couple sentences. Mention something specific that you talked about in the interview, and thank him/her for their time and the opportunity to speak with them.

Doing this has landed me jobs more than once, and my new manager often has the card sitting on their desk for display after I start.

Heard nothing yet, sent in a thank you note to the interviewer yesterday. There's still hope..

On a positive note my sister applied for a cashier position and got called in for a 3rd interview.

If you didn't mention Geek Squad or Best Buy I'd think you were applying to be the new CEO of Apple or something by the tone of your post. If you don't get hired, it's just Best Buy, don't sweat it.

[quote name='tcrash247']If you didn't mention Geek Squad or Best Buy I'd think you were applying to be the new CEO of Apple or something by the tone of your post. If you don't get hired, it's just Best Buy, don't sweat it.[/QUOTE]

dude, he lives in michigan, highest unemployment in the country, 14%.

i wouldnt worry yet OP, if its a new store odds are theyre higher several for the geek squad and the fact that someone was on their 3rd interview and you on your 2nd probably means nothing more then she applied earlier.

She applied a few days ago..

But I talked to some people that worked at other Best Buy, and her job is more common and there's still hope.

3 interviews for a cashier position? Geeze... what could they possibly ask the 3rd time around that couldn't be covered the first 2 times?

[quote name='KhaosX']3 interviews for a cashier position? Geeze... what could they possibly ask the 3rd time around that couldn't be covered the first 2 times?[/QUOTE]

Followup questions such as "Really?".

OP when does the store open?

I remember when I did my interview I had to do 3 while some other coworkers had to only do 2, due to time constraints. I applied early so they had time to run me through 3 interviews, (assessment,phone,one on one) where as my co worker only had to do 2 because he applied about 3 weeks later then me and the company was starting the training class in about a week.

I'm assuming in your case the store is opening up soon and since they did the one on one with you already they don't need a third interview. Maybe the other guy didn't do his one on one yet and just had a phone interview and assessment.

Well just hope for the best and good luck man I know how nerve racking waiting for a reply would be. Just make sure you don't do any drugs before the drug test lol.

bread's done
Back