Just got Comcast Triple Play, my internet is screwed now.

Moses144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
We upgraded from Internet + Cable to Internet + Cable + Phone lines. They also threw in a bunch of excellent channels. Okay, that's all well and good; yet now my internet is messed up. The simplest of pages take five to ten seconds to load ... in a weird way, as if nothing loads initially, then when it DOES load, it's instant. Youtube videos won't load up for fifteen seconds, then will jump to halfway loaded. I even have lag in private matches of MW2 with local friends, which is wild.

The thing is, upon calling them, they did some tests and it turned out our internet is still quite fast (from a free test they made my mother do). The tech support said we had to ... clear out our history, which sounds like bullshit. He even went as far as to say that, since the Comcast installer didn't touch our computer, it has to be on our end, our problem. Well, let's see - the only thing that changed, of anything, is our package and that the Comcast installer tinkered with our internet. So, it's on our end? Really?

Any advice? Any similar stories? I'm thinking our phone line may perhaps be sucking up resources, but even then it's a bit ridiculous to use the internet. 56K loaded up simple pages faster than this. Does the history comment have any validity? Should I escalate this higher? Any help would be appreciated.

Did they install a splitter you didn't have before since you only had internet.

I had some issues when I moved (my fault) as the splitter I used wasn't rated high enough and caused the internet to be slow. They came and switched out the splitter and it's been fine sense. Though if they installed it, it should be fine on that front.

Unplug the power to your modem, let it sit 60 seconds, then plug it back in. If that doesn't work then it sounds like a signal issue which means you need to have a tech come out to fix that.

Sadly, unplugging the modem (the simplest solution) did nothing. Still slow.

Yes, they installed what I believe to be a splitter downstairs in my basement. I'm not sure if it is or isn't one. If that were the problem, I'd probably have a hard time telling them their splitter messed up my internet without proper evidence.

I am using a router. The only setting I see in my configuration is DDNS, which is disabled, and the only available options otherwise are TZO.com and DynDNS.org.

I called them, after my mother called four times. Explained everything, got the right help. Turned out they didn't add some code to the modem, and after she did, BAM! Back to two days ago in terms of internet.

Moral of the story? You want something done right, do it yourself. Thanks for the help anyways, guys.

bread's done
Back