just got DS what r the must play GBA games?

Jgel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got a DS lite and I know that there are hundreds of GBA games. I wanted to ask what you thought were the must have games. Not good but only GREAT. I thought about getting Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, but wanted to ask before I started my buying spree. Back to Trauma Center....

[quote name='Jgel']I just got a DS lite and I know that there are hundreds of GBA games. I wanted to ask what you thought were the must have games. Not good but only GREAT. I thought about getting Mario Tennis and Mario Golf, but wanted to ask before I started my buying spree. Back to Trauma Center....[/quote]

i guess that depends on your type of game (ie action, sports, racing, etc.)

my suggestion is to try out any Circuit City close to you and grab as much as $10 below GBA titles, then try them out

my latest GBA game would be Shaman King: Master Spirits 2 which only cost $8.99 at CC.

zelda minnish cap
any of the super mario series
kirby series
castlevania double pack
golden sun I&II
Advance Wars
Sigma Star Saga...
there are plenty of them to try out. these are what i know the concensus among the CAGs will say and reccomend.

Drill Dozer is an excellent game that has been so badly marketed you'd think it was from a tiny third party publisher rather than Nintendo itself.

[quote name='epobirs']Drill Dozer is an excellent game that has been so badly marketed you'd think it was from a tiny third party publisher rather than Nintendo itself.[/quote]

I just saw this at Targey for like $7 and passed. I thought it was a kids game??

Castlevania double pack
gunstar super heroes
puzzle fighter
megaman zero 1-3
phantasy star collection
ninja five-o
bubble bobble new and old
golden sun 1,2
boktai
zelda minish cap
wario ware,twisted
metroid fusion,zero
astro boy

Fire Emblem is a great game. Ive played through it several times.Also:
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Advance Wars
Golden Sun series
Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission
Super mario World (for old school fun)

There are literally over 100 AAA titles for the GBA. Just go to IGN or something and look and see if anything catches your fancy.

Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2
Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age (they're really just two parts of a story rather than 2 games)
Castlevania: Double Pack
Metroid: Zero Mission
Zelda: The Minish Cap
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mario vs Donkey Kong

POKEMON!!!!! Go for ruby/sapphire if you've played the older ones, if you haven't get firered and leafgreen (remakes). Very fun, challenging, and lasts forever.
Metroid
Most mario games (non-sports)
Astro Boy

It is really strange to see Advance Wars listed so many times and only see Fire Emblem mentioned a few?
Kawnhr like your list plus both Fire Emblem's and both Boktai's

The following GBA titles will not dissappoint:

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Shining Soul II
Pokemon: FireRed or LeafGreen
Rayman 3
Pinball of the Dead
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Any of the Super Mario Advance titles
Warioware,INC.: Mega Microgames
Wario Ware Twisted!
Yoshi Topsy Turvy
Lunar Legend
Mario Golf: Advance Tour

[quote name='Jgel']I just saw this at Targey for like $7 and passed. I thought it was a kids game??[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it a kid's game, but it's not overly challenging. It took me a little bit to get into, but I enjoyed the game. I beat it in about 2 weeks, but for $10 at Best Buy, it was definitely a worthy purchase.

If you have never played Super Mario World or Zelda: A link to the Past it's being re-released as GBA Players Choice ($19.99) games sometime this fall.

Also Drill Dozer is very fun.

bread's done
Back