Just got my amazon.com XBOX360 with pics for unfaithful

sarausagi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)

Here it is, the 360 XBOX Core system from Amazon.com, $99.99 plus shipping and tax

I'm wondering how many more people got their system today..

Anyways, I'm dying to crack the seal but I have such a problem doing it.

I already have the hard drive, the component cables, ordered the Vision set from Amazon.com, and technically all I am missing is the wireless controller. However, is anyone sure it wouldn't be worth it to just sell the system with the cables and hard drive and buy the Premium system. I'd be getting chrome details and an ethernet cable, if I bought it at Wal-Mart I'd also be getting a free copy of BURNOUT.

However, I'm not sure I can sell it quickly enough and not have to put too much money into the premium. Right now all I need to do is buy a wireless controller, and technically selling my corded and my composite [non HD] cables would get me a good chunk of the price.

And then there is the real question, the Microsoft extended warranty. I am guessing that if I take a warranty out on this system it will cover the CORE only, not the hard drive, wireless controller, or HD cables.

Just for future reference, I spent $113 on the CORE after shipping, and have spent $85 cash on the hard drive, component cables, and games [the rest was just old EB credit plus buy 2 get 1 free] and $40 debit on the VISION set. So far, total, $238. Once I buy the HD-DVD drive it'll be a little over $400.

I don't think Amazon did a bad job handling it. I noticed that there were alot of people complaining in their message boards right after the 360 went on sale. They were threatening to write to the Better Business Bureau because they felt cheated. If you think about it, the whole thing was kind of like a contest, and your chances of getting one were slim to begin with.

Anyone could tell you that Amazon.com was going to be slow when the Xbox 360 went on sale for $100! It's just natural. What do you think they should have done? Told people "only 100 people can try to access the deal at a time..."? They even say on their site that there will be slowdown once the deal goes live.

It's like complaining that Walmart had 1000 Xbox 360's for sale, but you couldn't get to them in time because their aisles were too small, and that they should have had their aisles expanded before the sale to ensure that you could get to one.

Remember, the internet is a series of tubes, and the tubes aren't meant to hold 1100 Xbox 360s!

Just keep it...the chrome faceplate is not that exciting. You will probably not get much if you sell it all seperate....maybe close to the price of the Premium. Do whatcha like though

skip the chrome, it looks like crap. i was disappointed when i bought my 360, that it had the goony chrome disc drive instead of the nice white one. of course, in a perfect world, all consoles would be black. oh well.

i say keep it, and skip the trouble and expense of selling it. you've got all the goodies, open it up, play it, and add the wireless controller when you can.

[quote name='allyourblood']skip the chrome, it looks like crap. i was disappointed when i bought my 360, that it had the goony chrome disc drive instead of the nice white one. of course, in a perfect world, all consoles would be black. oh well.

i say keep it, and skip the trouble and expense of selling it. you've got all the goodies, open it up, play it, and add the wireless controller when you can.[/QUOTE]

you're right, I was worried I'd miss the "chrome" and it seems most people prefer the white one.

I got lucky on this 360 so I might as well not push my luck, opening it as we speak..

[quote name='sarausagi']you're right, I was worried I'd miss the "chrome" and it seems most people prefer the white one.

I got lucky on this 360 so I might as well not push my luck, opening it as we speak..[/quote]

glad to hear it! if you haven't played GoW yet, just you wait! ;)

[quote name='dracula']ebay it and wait for the inevitable price drop on the premium(i am expecting a price drop before christmas 2k6)[/quote]

You are expecting a price drop in the next month? Why?

[quote name='dracula']ebay it and wait for the inevitable price drop on the premium(i am expecting a price drop before christmas 2k6)[/QUOTE]

Well we are into the Christmas 2k6 shopping season and the 360 is still selling hot. Why the hell would Microsoft drop the price on a hot selling item? Unless Bill Gates is smoking a LOT of crack that kind of logic makes no sense to me.

Then again I once said that Amazon.com selling the 360 Core for $100 didn't make sense either. So what do I know right? ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']Well we are into the Christmas 2k6 shopping season and the 360 is still selling hot. Why the hell would Microsoft drop the price on a hot selling item? Unless Bill Gates is smoking a LOT of crack that kind of logic makes no sense to me.

Then again I once said that Amazon.com selling the 360 Core for $100 didn't make sense either. So what do I know right? ;)[/quote]I think Microsoft just wants to have a good gaming system and don't care how much it'll cost them since Bill is a bijjilionaire.....

[quote name='snakelda']I think Microsoft just wants to have a good gaming system and don't care how much it'll cost them since Bill is a bijjilionaire.....[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. At the end of the day the goal of ANY business is to make money. Now yes Microsoft is losing money on the 360 but what good would it do for them to drop the price on it now when the market in general is still willing to pay what its at right now.

You don't need a college degree to understand the basic concept of how this works folks. If people are willing to pay a price for Product X then leave it be. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get a 360 for cheap but I'll be completely realistic at the same time in that there is just NO WAY Microsoft is going to drop the price on the 360 at all within the next month. At the earliest I can even see any price drop is by E3 next year. That's IF we are lucky (keyword IF here folks).

Even if we get a price drop it will be something small around perhaps $249 for the core and $349 for the 20 gig premium. After all why do a major huge price drop that sudden right.

But this is all just yack from someone who has little connection in the industry and is wrong on things from time to time.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Doesn't matter. At the end of the day the goal of ANY business is to make money. Now yes Microsoft is losing money on the 360 but what good would it do for them to drop the price on it now when the market in general is still willing to pay what its at right now.

You don't need a college degree to understand the basic concept of how this works folks. If people are willing to pay a price for Product X then leave it be. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get a 360 for cheap but I'll be completely realistic at the same time in that there is just NO WAY Microsoft is going to drop the price on the 360 at all within the next month. At the earliest I can even see any price drop is by E3 next year. That's IF we are lucky (keyword IF here folks).

Even if we get a price drop it will be something small around perhaps $249 for the core and $349 for the 20 gig premium. After all why do a major huge price drop that sudden right.

But this is all just yack from someone who has little connection in the industry and is wrong on things from time to time.[/quote]

I think they are now making money on the 360

I wasn't aware about that FLSHADOW74. Thanks for that bit of info.

I still will hold to there being no price drop until at least E3 next year at the earliest. Looking at it from a business standpoint it makes even better sense to keep things where they are at now if they are turning in a profit per unit sold.

Store kiosks don't do the 360 justice, AT ALL.

I just spent 30 minutes in the menus alone, haven't set up live, haven't played a game, just menus, set up, and watching the pre loaded videos.

I'll tell you this, people.

I am not Microsoft's core demographic.

And I am damn impressed.

This is THE future. I'm convinced of it, the 360 needs your support, if gamers like me get on board, you can guarantee we'll be playing Final Fantasy and Metal Gear in a year.

Just to throw it out there, congrats on being one of the lucky 1,000. Glad another CAGer got in on that; were you the only one so far as we know?

[quote name='theq87']Just to throw it out there, congrats on being one of the lucky 1,000. Glad another CAGer got in on that; were you the only one so far as we know?[/QUOTE]

I think there's one more besides me, maybe two...I was just the most vocal I think

Congratulations on getting one. The site took like 10 minutes to load for me. :(

What games have you picked up? Dead Rising is a lot of fun from what I've played of it, and I hear great things about Gears of War.

[quote name='sarausagi']I think there's one more besides me, maybe two...I was just the most vocal I think[/quote]My brother was able to get one. I was so amazed. I guess he got it for being a good person though.

I got mine today, and I am happier than a pig in poop, now do I buy the 20gb hard drive or wait until they come out with the rumored 70-100gb hd? I figure I waited a year already to get the 360. Any thoughts?
This also is my first post about the winning the amazon deal, I didn't want to brag. I was sweating that amazon wasn't gonna ship it and I hit up eband gamestop this weekend buy 2 get 1 and got:
prey LE 26.99
Burnout Revenge 26.99
Condemned Free
Kameo 19.99
Black 4 xbox 17.99
SSX on tour Free
I hope they have another b2g1 soon looking to get
Saints row/Dead rising/ viva pinata
Can anyone tell me why Bestbuy had new splinter cell at 69.99? CHEERS, One lucky MF named Jay

[quote name='veedubkid']I got mine today, and I am happier than a pig in poop, now do I buy the 20gb hard drive or wait until they come out with the rumored 70-100gb hd? I figure I waited a year already to get the 360. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Get the hard drive, it's $70 easy!

[quote name='veedubkid']where is it 70?
I tried to search forums earlier and kept getting fatal error msg[/QUOTE]

EB Games, Gamestop, ebay.

if you have a more card/edge card

or get lucky on an auction

if u didnt get a core at amazon.com
then u should of camped out bye ur pc

I just got my $100 amazon 360 yesterday. I have already saved money on buying stuff for it because of this website. thanks guys.

Whatever you do, GET THE MS WARRANTY! I have had to send my 360 in a couple of times and if I didn't have the 2 year, I would be fucked.

[quote name='thebob101']Whatever you do, GET THE MS WARRANTY! I have had to send my 360 in a couple of times and if I didn't have the 2 year, I would be fucked.[/quote]

I never buy those extended warranties. Should I honestly get the MS one? I have owned the NES, Genesis, N64, Gamecube and I have never had a problem.

Are there really that many problems with the 360 still? I would have thought that by now they would have had the kinks worked out. I am new the the xbox scene and appreciate any advice given.

[quote name='CaptainChunk']I never buy those extended warranties. Should I honestly get the MS one? I have owned the NES, Genesis, N64, Gamecube and I have never had a problem.

Are there really that many problems with the 360 still? I would have thought that by now they would have had the kinks worked out. I am new the the xbox scene and appreciate any advice given.[/quote]

All I know is I've had mine since launch and never had one problem with it.

I forgot to ask, why did you have to pay shipping?
I got my 360 for 100. bucks even.
299. with 199.promotional thing applied and shipped.

[quote name='veedubkid']I forgot to ask, why did you have to pay shipping?
I got my 360 for 100. bucks even.
299. with 199.promotional thing applied and shipped.[/QUOTE]

13 for over night shipping

I woke up to do some cleaning/configuration for tomorrow

I should, most likely, post as a winner of the portable DVD player.

EDIT:

Just read Amazon.com is not doing it tomorrow, the extended the voting period

I'm still going to check Amazon out 13:00 PST, it could be a tactic to not get the site hit as hard.

I slept in and missed out on this. I'd probably have modded it if I had "won" (already got a premium system at launch).

Voted for the $25 DVD Player. I hope some CAG posts when it's on the sales block, as I probably won't pay attention.

[quote name='CaptainChunk']I never buy those extended warranties. Should I honestly get the MS one? I have owned the NES, Genesis, N64, Gamecube and I have never had a problem.

Are there really that many problems with the 360 still? I would have thought that by now they would have had the kinks worked out. I am new the the xbox scene and appreciate any advice given.[/quote]
yeah the problem with that is you have had all Nintendo consoles and Nintendo consoles are the shit!!! they never break down and such and are built to last :)

and yeah i think you should get an extended warranty just to be on the safe side because the xbox 360 still has some problems and dies out randomly sometimes, but supposedly this 2nd batch of consoles are supposed be good and without problems but we will see how this plays out....

bread's done
Back