Just got my Dark Souls used copy from Gamefly. One question

jefexp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Posted this on Gamefaqs but did not get that many replies, figured people on CAG would have more experience with this.

So i heard about the good quality of used games you get from gamefly (PS3 mostly), but i also read that games could have minor or major chips on the disc. I couldnt resist the 17.xx price so i purchased one. Got it today in the mail and the all the contents seem really good, except i noticed a few minor chips on the border of the disc. Is that something i should watch out for? Thanks

Here is a picture of a couple chips that are about the same size as the others on the border of the disc (have about a total of 5-6). Maybe i'm being too anal about this? :)

http://i.imgur.com/RlDG7.jpg

Outer ring chips should be okay as they usually don't continue through the disc, if it was an inner ring ship I'd be more concerned I see those creep their way through the disc all the time, I hate when cases lock discs in so hard that chipping the inner part of the discs feels like an inevitability.

The chips aren't a big deal. Optical drives tend to have pretty forgiving tolerances so the slight imbalance won't be an issue and for a the disk to experience a catastrophic failure, it would have to spin at a much higher speed that what your Xbox 360 is going to spin it.

Just make sure they are chips or indentations and not the beginnings of an actual crack.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Outer ring chips should be okay as they usually don't continue through the disc, if it was an inner ring ship I'd be more concerned I see those creep their way through the disc all the time, I hate when cases lock discs in so hard that chipping the inner part of the discs feels like an inevitability.[/QUOTE]

I still kind of confused about this. How does something like this occur?Besides the disc being mishandled by a person.

I know only of the inner ring of a disc cracking or looking like someone sliced it with a knife on the ring from the center downward.

bread's done
Back