Just got my GBA SP tonight

LiquidKil

CAGiversary!
Yep, picked it up at gamestop tonight. I got it in onyx. This is my first GBA and it's really impressed me. I also picked up: Super Mario Advance 4, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, and Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars. They all seem to be great games. Can't wait to finish them and get some more. :lol:

Great choices. You'll want to double check if there is any dust inside of the screen. If there, return it for another. Be warned though: you'll never be able to play a normal gameboy or system thats not backlit anymore.

Oh, and you MUST pick up FFTA.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Can't forget Metroid Fusion![/quote]

No disrespect to NFG, because Metroid Fusion is really neat...but unless you're a hardcore Metroid fan, you might want to borrow it. It's a real quick (but not necessarily easy) playthrough with not a lot of replay value, IMHO. Just try it before you buy it.

If you're strategy-minded...grab the first Advance Wars. Brilliant stuff and tons to do. Hell, the first 15 maps of the game are just the tutorial! Although I don't recommend skipping ahead if you've never played it or the sequel before, you can bypass the Field Training by just completing the last tutorial in the menu, called "Fog Of War." The multiplayer link-play is addictive as all hell. Make sure everyone's GBAs have fresh batteries or a full charge before you start...once you get started you WILL play for a hella long time.

I also recommend the quirky WarioWare if you have a really short attention span and an aptitude for weirdness. The story mode is super short but there are tons and tons of unlockables and the nature of the games lends itself to lots of replay.

All these titles sound great, but I may want to get some more money to buy these games with. The Zone of the Enders game is a turn based strategy game, it's really addictive and has a decent story. So I think I'm gonna pick advance wars 1 up next time i get money.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Can't forget Metroid Fusion![/quote]

No disrespect to NFG, because Metroid Fusion is really neat...but unless you're a hardcore Metroid fan, you might want to borrow it. It's a real quick (but not necessarily easy) playthrough with not a lot of replay value, IMHO. Just try it before you buy it.

If you're strategy-minded...grab the first Advance Wars. Brilliant stuff and tons to do. Hell, the first 15 maps of the game are just the tutorial! Although I don't recommend skipping ahead if you've never played it or the sequel before, you can bypass the Field Training by just completing the last tutorial in the menu, called "Fog Of War." The multiplayer link-play is addictive as all hell. Make sure everyone's GBAs have fresh batteries or a full charge before you start...once you get started you WILL play for a hella long time.

I also recommend the quirky WarioWare if you have a really short attention span and an aptitude for weirdness. The story mode is super short but there are tons and tons of unlockables and the nature of the games lends itself to lots of replay.[/quote]

Metroid Fusion IS really short. Definitely more of a "borrow" than a buy IMHO. I spent 10 hours with Circle of the Moon, but I only spent 4-6 hours with Fusion tops.

Wario Ware is fantastic, especially if you just want to have some brianless fun.

if you like castlevania games, you should go get harmony of dissonance, its by far the best gba castlevania game, even though juste belmont has that blue aura surrounding him. I would get fusion used( i beat it in around 3 hours), you can probably find it for around 10 bucks. And a fun but somewhat overlooked game is dbz legacy of goku 2. most people pass it over or pick it up depending on how they feel about the show, but its really fun, i had a great time with it.

[quote name='Mulliga']Wario Ware is fantastic, especially if you just want to have some brianless fun.[/quote]

I'd rather have fun with a Betty or a Barbara instead of a Brian anyway. :twisted:

[quote name='GoombaStomper']if you like castlevania games, you should go get harmony of dissonance, its by far the best gba castlevania game, even though juste belmont has that blue aura surrounding him. I would get fusion used( i beat it in around 3 hours), you can probably find it for around 10 bucks. And a fun but somewhat overlooked game is dbz legacy of goku 2. most people pass it over or pick it up depending on how they feel about the show, but its really fun, i had a great time with it.[/quote]

I disagree, I think Aria of Sorrow is the best GBA Castlevania, if for nothing else, the awesome soul system. If you want a hard, but enjoyable game, get either of the Megaman Zeros.

I just bought the game boy player for my gamecube, I just wanted to play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It was cheaper for me than actually getting a Game Boy, which I probably wouldn't use very often anyway. I prefer playing games on tv since the screens are so much bigger.

[quote name='SS4Brolly']Great choices. You'll want to double check if there is any dust inside of the screen. If there, return it for another. Be warned though: you'll never be able to play a normal gameboy or system thats not backlit anymore.

Oh, and you MUST pick up FFTA.[/quote]

Brolly, I think i have this problem with mine. I took it back to the store when I first got it (gamestop), but they basically told me to go to hell since they thought it was such a small problem. Is there anything you can do to get the dust out?

[quote name='optimusprime']Brolly, I think i have this problem with mine. I took it back to the store when I first got it (gamestop), but they basically told me to go to hell since they thought it was such a small problem. Is there anything you can do to get the dust out?[/quote]

Don't let them push you around. If you're still within the return window, insist they replace it. They have no right to judge what's a "small problem." You paid big money for that little game machine, and you shouldn't have to suffer with ANY problem. If you're beyond the return window, contact Nintendo themselves and demand they replace it under warranty. There's no excuse for living with something you paid for that has a problem.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='GoombaStomper']if you like castlevania games, you should go get harmony of dissonance, its by far the best gba castlevania game, even though juste belmont has that blue aura surrounding him. I would get fusion used( i beat it in around 3 hours), you can probably find it for around 10 bucks. And a fun but somewhat overlooked game is dbz legacy of goku 2. most people pass it over or pick it up depending on how they feel about the show, but its really fun, i had a great time with it.[/quote]

I disagree, I think Aria of Sorrow is the best GBA Castlevania, if for nothing else, the awesome soul system. If you want a hard, but enjoyable game, get either of the Megaman Zeros.[/quote]

All the Castlevania games are great, but only get them if you plan on playing on an SP or a GBP. The old model GBA is just too dark.

I'm kinda regretting getting my sp so early though. Especially with all the great deals at Eb right now. I kinda think that if I saved my money it would go a lot farther at the eb sale or even just saving it. Eh. Any of you know gamestop's return policy? I need to return my super mario bros 3 anyways because it has a save problem, it gets data errors when i save and doesn't allow a save. It's been about 2 weeks since I got it, could I perhaps return it? If not, I'm ok with that. But I just wanna see if I can squeeze a little more value out of my money. BTW this is liquidkil. new sn.

I got my SP at launch. Sold my regular GBA on eBay and put that money toward it. I don't regret it for a second, no matter what deals they put down now. I've had too much fun with it and it's been a lifesaver when I've had to wait places and have it right there in my pocket with me.

Nice, i'd recommend Mario & Luigi: SS, Harvest Moon: FoMt, definitely Warioware, its as addicting as crack :D, Castlevania: AoS (IMO, arguably the best GBA castlevania ever), and Fire Emblem

Highly recommend:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion
Denki Blocks
Zelda: Link to the Past / Four Swords
Mega Man Battle Network

bread's done
Back