Just got my Halo 3 Beta key!

I just woke back up, and I got my F&F invite code. Tells me that it was sent at midnight ' o five last night, but that's not right.

Sucks balls for you guys though, I hope they get their shit straight.

Got my key this morning and DL'd it.

I'll be ready to get my ass handed to me tonight, if anyone's going to be on late...

I played it for a couple of hours this morning.... fun stuff. Shields last for a shorter amount of time and the new spiker grenades are *ahem* a blast. Highgrounds is an amazing map... CTF is really intense.

Oh yeah... out of the 12 or so games that I played, I only got a positive K/D ratio ONCE. Takes some getting used to and a lot of the people I was playing against have obviously had the beta for a while.

[quote name='Brak']Schooled again.

I'd have said the same thing if I were wrong, too.

On second though, I'm not a miscreant, so maybe not.[/quote]Right, sir. See all these people will bitch that it came out "late", but it doesn't really matter. It's pointless babble. It's not gonna affect Bungie and Halo's sales one bit. So it's up late? Big deal. You missed out on a few hours of Beta gameplay. Sheesh. No one forced those that altered their schedules (skip school or work) to do so to play a fucking beta. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find something to respond to.

I just find it amusing that the gaming community feels a sense of entitlement to getting things to the minute. There are more important things in life than a beta being fucking delayed. It's not the end of the world. Anyway, enjoy the beta.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Right, sir. See all these people will bitch that it came out "late", but it doesn't really matter. It's pointless babble. It's not gonna affect Bungie and Halo's sales one bit. So it's up late? Big deal. You missed out on a few hours of Beta gameplay. Sheesh. No one forced those that altered their schedules (skip school or work) to do so to play a fucking beta. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find something to respond to.

I just find it amusing that the gaming community feels a sense of entitlement to getting things to the minute. There are more important things in life than a beta being fucking delayed. It's not the end of the world. Anyway, enjoy the beta.[/QUOTE]
That'd all be valid, if I were complaining.

I simply stated that it was embarrassing for Microsoft -- not me.

[quote name='Brak']That'd all be valid, if I were complaining.

I simply stated that it was embarrassing for Microsoft -- not me.[/quote]I was just using you as a springboard to speak to those who were bitching. I, however, don't think it's an embarassment for the company. More of an embarassment for the people who stayed home all day waiting for the Crackdown Beta to come through.

In case it hasn't already been posted:

Halo 3 / Crackdown : UPDATE!

Posted by lukems at 5/16/2007 5:22 AM PDT

SketchFactor writes: UPDATE : 5/16/07 3:55 p.m.
We're happy to finally announce that the issues being faced with the Halo 3 beta and Crackdown will be resolved shortly. The Microsoft team has found a solution and it's undergoing final testing now.

Assuming the test pass goes according to plan, the fix will come in the form of a Crackdown title update within the next three to six hours.

We understand many of you were eagerly awaiting your chance to jump into the Halo 3 Beta and this technical issue has put a damper on your plans. Thankfully the fix is incoming and we're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Ultimately we hope this will all soon be a distant memory once you pick up the Spartan Laser, launch yourself from a Mancannon and enjoy online shenanigans with your friends.

As a reminder, people who already have the Halo 3 Beta are unaffected by this issue. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more information.

bread's done
Back