just got robbed, ME3?

danh920

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
360, ps3, laptop, tons of small stuff stolen, $1300 roadbike untouched

so my 360 hard drive is gone and my mass effect 1, then 2 saves were on there, am i sol on continuing this wonderful storyline to 3?

Buy a new 360, a copy of ME1 and ME2, replay said games, live a happy life.

Kidding aside, that does suck, but I think you're screwed, bro. All the more reason that the cloud-saving coming to Live is a great thing.

That sucks man, really sorry to hear it.

Since BioWare created the Genesis import generator for ME2, I think it's a good bet that there will be something similar for ME3, so you can at least approximate the save you had. The question is whether it will be included right out of the box or added via DLC after launch.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Surely worrying about your ME saves is a pretty low priority?[/QUOTE]

Insurance can't replace Mass Effect saves

i totally feel for you man. I had my house broken into twice last year. Same things taken, but didn't even steal my $1000 Les Paul. I felt this way about my borderlands playthrough and i was extremely close to 100% GTA when my xbox got stolen. Duck You people that steal.

Whoa I just remember. I deleted my mass effect 1 saves, but was able to import my char to me2. Maybe its the achievements?? Idk but it was imported I remember that and I HAD NO ME1 FILES IN MY HD. Had to use caps incase pppl think I'm crazy

[quote name='giantqtipz']Whoa I just remember. I deleted my mass effect 1 saves, but was able to import my char to me2. Maybe its the achievements?? Idk but it was imported I remember that and I HAD NO ME1 FILES IN MY HD. Had to use caps incase pppl think I'm crazy[/QUOTE]
The ME1 save that actually imports into ME2 is a hidden autosave and can't be deleted unless you delete your whole gamertag AFAIK.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The ME1 save that actually imports into ME2 is a hidden autosave and can't be deleted unless you delete your whole gamertag AFAIK.[/QUOTE]

There you go! So there's still hope OP! :D

Sorry to hear that OP, I had the same thing happen to my cousin a couple of years ago. The thief made off with his PS2 system along with 20-30 PS2 games; he also took his go-ped. At the time the estimated loss was $1500, there were others things that were stolen but those are the ones that stuck with me.

How did the thief break in?

As for Mass Effect, unless your committed to buying the first two games on the 360 and playing through them again I would recommend buying Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. Bioware made it possible for the player to shape the events of Mass Effect 1 before moving on to Mass Effect 2 which is a huge benefit. The PS3 version also has all the DLC on disc, minus the Arrival DLC.

This is really just a great excuse to replay ME1 and 2, right?

I kid, I kid. That SUCKS, and I would be pissed if I lost my Gears 2, ME 1 and 2, and Fallout saves. Good luck.

[quote name='danh920']... $1300 roadbike untouched

so my 360 hard drive is gone and my mass effect 1, then 2 saves were on there, am i sol on continuing this wonderful storyline to 3?[/QUOTE]

That narrows it down. Your looking for a fat person.

Yes, I'm afraid you are SOL. Makes me want to make backups of my saves and store them in a safety deposit box. Do you have any way to track your laptop? Maybe Microsoft or Sony can help you recover the consoles.

If I find the fat :censored: I'll bash his head in for you:twisted:

[quote name='danh920']360, ps3, laptop, tons of small stuff stolen, $1300 roadbike untouched

so my 360 hard drive is gone and my mass effect 1, then 2 saves were on there, am i sol on continuing this wonderful storyline to 3?[/QUOTE]
Unrelated but electronics are easier to move than a road bike and a bike is pain to put in a vehicle and get away.

they slid a cc in thru the back door and opened the lock that way, its mostly a nice neighborhood and i should have used the deadbolt. I have insurance so I hope to recover on the financial end

this link to the gamertag gives me some hope though, this is 1 key factor (gears 3 being the other) on weather or not I buy another 360 or just stick to my pc which was left alone (laptop stolen but not the desktop)

I th ink itd be hard to rob my house because my mom has a lto of dogs hehe. still tho i was told the old house owners are driving by in a black jeep every day now so im starting to lock up :)

bread's done
Back