Just got Shin migami tensei for cheap !!!!!!!!!

jam3582

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just got a used copy of (absolutely no scratches) shin megami tensei for $35 with no tax . I live in new york city and i dunno if any of u new york residents kno that there are a couple of stores in china town that sell some used games that are still relativly new for cheap. I got rigar in one of those shops for 20 used after like 2 months it was released im so happy :D

Final Starman Posted: November 8, 2004, 6:48 am Post subject:
Now you just need a nice deal on the 400 page strategy guide.

lol yea maybe if I wait longer ill find it in that area for cheap .

With most places selling it for 43 brandnew that IS pretty cheap. Which spot did you buy it from? I used to hit Elizebeth street mall for Peguin Village untill their prices started getting jacked up. (I think once J&L moved to their own store they felt like they didn thave to compete... not that J&L's prices were ever reasonable)

I picked up 2 of the outpost deals (34.99 & Free Shipping) for GTA: SA and traded one to my friend for a new copy of Shin Megami Tensi: Nocturne. :D for some reason he does not like to buy things off the web.

[quote name='ragtop70']Since when is $35 cheap? $19.99 would be cheap. $35 is more than it should be to begin with.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I was coming in expecting like $20 - $30 new. If you're happy with your purchase though, I'm not going to shit on your day man. Congrats on the deal! No sales tax is definitely a plus.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig']I wish I could find and purchase this game on the cheap.[/quote]

It's worth full price.[/quote]

Yes but as CAGers some of us (including myself) won't be satisfied with any copy of this game we get unless we get it on the cheap.

Well, you can always buy some other games for cheap and then trade them in to EB or w/e and save yourself some money. Not a specific deal, but hey it works for any game! :D

That's awesome man, every penny saved is key, but this game is definitely worth a few dollars more than one normally pays on this site. I WOULD say I bought this game at full price...but I didn't, really...I get a 10% discount at TRU. Still, it's completely addictive, although I don't like not being able to save on the world map. Save-point hunting last night kept me up about an hour and a half later than I should have been, what with class and all.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig']I wish I could find and purchase this game on the cheap.[/quote]

Yes but as CAGers some of us (including myself) won't be satisfied with any copy of this game we get unless we get it on the cheap.[/quote]

I don't know...I'd pay full price for certain games. I did with Shadow Hearts:Covenant just to support Midway who took a risk bringing it stateside. Hopefully they will continue to bring the Shadow Hearts series here. That's the only game I'd pay full $49.99 for though.

Plus, the reception for Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is a basis for whether Atlus will bring the next game in the series - Digital Devil Saga.

[quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig']I wish I could find and purchase this game on the cheap.[/quote]

Yes but as CAGers some of us (including myself) won't be satisfied with any copy of this game we get unless we get it on the cheap.[/quote]

I don't know...I'd pay full price for certain games. I did with Shadow Hearts:Covenant just to support Midway who took a risk bringing it stateside. Hopefully they can continue to bring the Shadow Hearts series here. That's the only game I'd pay full $49.99 for though.

Plus, the reception for Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is a basis for whether Atlus will bring the next game in the series - Digital Devil Saga.[/quote]

Sorry, I'll pay $45 for a new game but not $50 after this site I don't enjoy a game unless I get at least a little deal on it. :(

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig']I wish I could find and purchase this game on the cheap.[/quote]

I don't know...I'd pay full price for certain games. I did with Shadow Hearts:Covenant just to support Midway who took a risk bringing it stateside. Hopefully they can continue to bring the Shadow Hearts series here. That's the only game I'd pay full $49.99 for though.

Plus, the reception for Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is a basis for whether Atlus will bring the next game in the series - Digital Devil Saga.[/quote]

Sorry, I'll pay $45 for a new game but not $50 after this site I don't enjoy a game unless I get at least a little deal on it. :([/quote]

Were were you when I was selling my SMT: N for $44 !!!! lol, just kidding. I know what you mean about the deal. The chase is better than the catch. :wink:

[quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Rig']I wish I could find and purchase this game on the cheap.[/quote]

I don't know...I'd pay full price for certain games. I did with Shadow Hearts:Covenant just to support Midway who took a risk bringing it stateside. Hopefully they will continue to bring the Shadow Hearts series here. That's the only game I'd pay full $49.99 for though.

Exactly. And I will also pay full price for Digital Devil Saga.

Oh I've got a question:

I've been told by 2 people know that the battle system in Shadow Hearts is similar to that in Legend of the Dragoon, I really hated the timeing system and how perfect you had to be, so how bad is it in Shadow Hearts?

[quote name='zionoverfire']Oh I've got a question:

I've been told by 2 people know that the battle system in Shadow Hearts is similar to that in Legend of the Dragoon, I really hated the timeing system and how perfect you had to be, so how bad is it in Shadow Hearts?[/quote]

It's similar to Legend of Dragoon in that you require timing, but you don't have to have precision. There are items you can equip to help you slow down the count so that you can get used to it.

In the battle system in Shadow Heart, whenever you choose to do an attack, magic spell or use an item, you will be presented with a circular pattern - The Judgement Ring. A line will then sweep clockwise around the ring and you have to tap the button in specific (quite large) areas to successfully execute an attack or a magic spell.

In Shadow Hearts: Covenant, the battle system is similar but is customizable. The judgement ring is still there, but you can customize it so that you can have automatic hits, making it a more traditional FF style attacking system. It also incorporates positioning and areas where magic attacks are effective, kinda like Arc the Lad or Grandia.

The best part of the battle system in SH:C is the combo system. You can link up your characters for combos. The higher the combo you create, the more damage will be added onto the damage that you dealt to the enemy. I'm up to 42 hits so far, but some people have managed to do hundreds of hits with several rare items.

And also, if during a battle, you achieve something special ie. you weren't dealt any damage, the enemy didn't get a turn or if you break your previous combo record, you'll get a prize. A little incentive to make you keep trying.

The battle system is definitely one of the best part of Shadow Hearts. Of course, the story and unconventional characters aren't that shoddy either.

And yes, I am a Shadow Hearts fanboy.

[quote name='jam3582']I just got a used copy of (absolutely no scratches) shin megami tensei for $35 with no tax . I live in new york city and i dunno if any of u new york residents kno that there are a couple of stores in china town that sell some used games that are still relativly new for cheap. I got rigar in one of those shops for 20 used after like 2 months it was released im so happy :D[/quote]

anything you buy in chinatown is guaranteed to be a bootleg. that copy isnt worth 35 cents let alone 35 dollars :(

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='jam3582']I just got a used copy of (absolutely no scratches) shin megami tensei for $35 with no tax . I live in new york city and i dunno if any of u new york residents kno that there are a couple of stores in china town that sell some used games that are still relativly new for cheap. I got rigar in one of those shops for 20 used after like 2 months it was released im so happy :D[/quote]

anything you buy in chinatown is guaranteed to be a bootleg. that copy isnt worth 35 cents let alone 35 dollars :([/quote]

That's a very dumb stereotype, not all Chinese pirate. If it plays on a non-modded PS2 then it's not a bootleg.

[quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='jam3582']I just got a used copy of (absolutely no scratches) shin megami tensei for $35 with no tax . I live in new york city and i dunno if any of u new york residents kno that there are a couple of stores in china town that sell some used games that are still relativly new for cheap. I got rigar in one of those shops for 20 used after like 2 months it was released im so happy :D[/quote]

anything you buy in chinatown is guaranteed to be a bootleg. that copy isnt worth 35 cents let alone 35 dollars :([/quote]

That's a very dumb stereotype, not all Chinese pirate. If it plays on a non-modded PS2 then it's not a bootleg.[/quote]

Very true just because games from China are often bootlegs doesnt' mean china town games are, in fact most of the stuff in my china town is quite authentic.

Oh and nachzeher, thanks for the review I've been interested in this game but I was worried I'd have to deal with the combat system from Legend of the Dragoon, I'll probably go dig up a used copy in a couple of months.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='jam3582']I just got a used copy of (absolutely no scratches) shin megami tensei for $35 with no tax . I live in new york city and i dunno if any of u new york residents kno that there are a couple of stores in china town that sell some used games that are still relativly new for cheap. I got rigar in one of those shops for 20 used after like 2 months it was released im so happy :D[/quote]

That's a very dumb stereotype, not all Chinese pirate. If it plays on a non-modded PS2 then it's not a bootleg.[/quote]

Very true just because games from China are often bootlegs doesnt' mean china town games are, in fact most of the stuff in my china town is quite authentic.

Oh and nachzeher, thanks for the review I've been interested in this game but I was worried I'd have to deal with the combat system from Legend of the Dragoon, I'll probably go dig up a used copy in a couple of months.[/quote]

Go play Shadow Hearts before you play Covenant. They should be going for $18 on buy.com. I'm surprised that you haven't played it, considering you like RPGs. Well, understandably, it wasn't very well known because it was released a week before FFX.

[quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='jam3582']I just got a used copy of (absolutely no scratches) shin megami tensei for $35 with no tax . I live in new york city and i dunno if any of u new york residents kno that there are a couple of stores in china town that sell some used games that are still relativly new for cheap. I got rigar in one of those shops for 20 used after like 2 months it was released im so happy :D[/quote]

Oh and nachzeher, thanks for the review I've been interested in this game but I was worried I'd have to deal with the combat system from Legend of the Dragoon, I'll probably go dig up a used copy in a couple of months.[/quote]

Go play Shadow Hearts before you play Covenant. They should be going for $18 on buy.com. I'm surprised that you haven't played it, considering you like RPGs. Well, understandably, it wasn't very well known because it was released a week before FFX.[/quote]

Well that and I didn't know it was an RPG until like a month ago, the box isn't exactly the most descriptive thing, I saw it and assumed it was another silent hill rip-off, anyhow I'll probably pick it up after christmas, unless I can get a dirt cheap copy off ebay.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='jam3582']I just got a used copy of (absolutely no scratches) shin megami tensei for $35 with no tax . I live in new york city and i dunno if any of u new york residents kno that there are a couple of stores in china town that sell some used games that are still relativly new for cheap. I got rigar in one of those shops for 20 used after like 2 months it was released im so happy :D[/quote]

Go play Shadow Hearts before you play Covenant. They should be going for $18 on buy.com. I'm surprised that you haven't played it, considering you like RPGs. Well, understandably, it wasn't very well known because it was released a week before FFX.[/quote]

Well that and I didn't know it was an RPG until like a month ago, the box isn't exactly the most descriptive thing, I saw it and assumed it was another silent hill rip-off, anyhow I'll probably pick it up after christmas, unless I can get a dirt cheap copy off ebay.[/quote]

If you like dark-themed RPGs then I think you're gonna enjoy it.

[quote name='nachzeher']

If you like dark-themed RPGs then I think you're gonna enjoy it.[/quote]

Well I love Drakengard so that should be enough :twisted:

bread's done
Back