Just got wireless Logitech controller for PS2...

scott123456

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is there 2 versions out there? I think there is an older version and a new version so I just want to make sure I got the latest one. How do I know for sure if it's the latest? Mine has the blue logitech emblem in the top middle of the controller.

I found on IGN the PS2 review that shows mine is the newer one! I'm a happy camper right now. Problem is that I have one, but now want 2. It's always good to have 2 controllers on hand.

i guess you get to have more freedom when playing with no wire-connection. Is it possible for the controller to work if you're in the washroom?

It seems that the older version (Logitech part #963262-0403) uses 4 AA batteries, while the newer one (#963320-0403) uses 2 AA batteries. Since both operate at 2.4gHz, I'm not sure what the practical difference is, though. Anybody know?

[quote name='whiteboy']it depends how far your "washroom" is from the receiver.[/quote]

Yes, and if, for whatever reason, you have the ability to see the screen from there.

[quote name='help1']I dont understand u people, it wireless... how much of an improvement can that be?[/quote]

I personally prefer the feel of the Logitech controller to the Sony one. Because it's a bit larger, it seems to fit into my palms a bit better. The extra weight (because of the batteries) isn't a good thing but it's hardly noticeable to be honest. The sticks feel a bit taller and thus give me a slightly wider range of control. The pressure sensitivity of the face buttons also feels easier to manage than on the DualShock2. I don't think that the shoulder buttons are as comfortable as the DualShock2, but they're not bad in any way. At the least, they feel more durable. The D-pad is definitely different, but it still gets the job done without any frustration. Of course you get the wireless feature, too. And that's my quick assessment of the Logitech PS2 Cordless Action Controller.

I'm thinking of getting this amazon visa to get 30 bucks off my purchase then cancel the card as soon as I get it. that a good idea?

[quote name='adezero']I'm thinking of getting this amazon visa to get 30 bucks off my purchase then cancel the card as soon as I get it. that a good idea?[/quote]

If you have to think about it, it's probably a bad idea. But if it gets the job done, then by all means...

I have the older model. I like the bigger size and the weight of it. The response of the controller is excellent . . . just like a corded one.

[quote name='schultzed']I have the older model. I like the bigger size and the weight of it. The response of the controller is excellent . . . just like a corded one.[/quote]

I liked it, too. Until I needed to use the d-pad, it's the worst I've ever seen. Then the left analog stick malfunctioned and down wouldn't work. That happened just after the one year warranty and I was screwed. I'm waiting for this to get cheaper, or be on sale at BB or somewhere.

[quote name='scott123456']Is there 2 versions out there? I think there is an older version and a new version so I just want to make sure I got the latest one. How do I know for sure if it's the latest? Mine has the blue logitech emblem in the top middle of the controller.[/quote]

....I don't know...ARE there any others out there people?...

(sorry...someone had to call him on it)

[quote name='Trakan']I want a Sony Wireless controller. I don't care about rumble.[/quote]

AFAIK, there is no Sony-branded wireless controller nor are there any plans for one. For what it's worth to you, the Logitech wireless controller is an officially licensed PS2 product, and therefore fully approved by Sony.

....I don't know...ARE there any others out there people?...
wow...anal, party of one? your table is ready...j/k

on topic: I'm still getting used to mine. I've had it a couple of weeks, but I haven't spent much time playing. One thing I've noticed is that that I have trouble with quick taps; whenever I try to use quick change in MGS3 I can't always get it to work. Not good for boss battles. Love everything else, though.

My Reviews (I've used both the old and new)

AS far as ability goes, they're both increibly responsive. I play MVP 2004 a lot and neither had a problem as far as response time.

I didn't use the old for that long, but I hear the dpad sucks.

As far as comfort goes. The new one is incredible... Its just slightly bigger than the regular dual shock controller, but its got a better structure making it fit your hands more comfortably.

The old one is too big to be comfortable, and the weight of 4 AA's don't help either.

As far as the wireless vs. wired debate. Once you find yourself using a top notch wireless controller, you'll never go back to a wired one

The old one weighs about 8 pounds! Seriously, it's not just the extra weight of 2 batteries, out of the box it literally feels like a brick and will wear you out. The new one is maaaaaaavelously light, and much smaller than the original design.

bread's done
Back