Just got Xbox and should I get KOTOR 1 or 2 or Jedi Academy?

GrimNecroWizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I heard KOTOR is awesome, my friend has it and loves it and said he heard it's better than 2. But I found out it's a turned based game, which I'm not a huge fan of. If it's really as good as everyone says it is, though,
that shouldn't really matter much then. All I really know about Jedi Academy is that you can customize your lightsaber and stuff...Is it like a hack and slash? Can you be good or bad? Thanks for all the help in advanced.

The combat system in KOTOR is based on the 3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons rules. It's presented and controlled in real-time, but the underlying battle system is actually turn-based. Basically you queue your attacks and commands, but you are free to move during battle.

Jedi Academy is a third-person action game, much in the vein of the other Jedi Knight games, only with more lightsaber action and less shooting. Moral choices aren't really much a part of the game. You get both light and dark force powers thoughout the game, but the choice to go light/dark only affects a few mission objectives near the end of the game. I personally think it's the best of the series, gameplay-wise anyhow.

KOTOR 1 , easily the most replayable of what you have listed, Kotor 2 was extremly tedious at times and glitchy as hell for most of the game. But the first was perfection , as for Jedi Academy if you want a solid action game that is the route to go. It is just that Knights of the Old Republic offers a much more rewarding experience, trying to juggle being light or dark, seeing how far you can bend either way and finally sucumbing to one or the other. All the while kicking ass and taking names

The first time I played KOTOR 1 I hated the turned based combat system. This was the first turned based game that I played. I actually considered trading it in soon after I bought it. But I gave it another try and before I knew it I was hooked on the story and I got used to the combat system. Overall, KOTOR 1 is easily a top 5 XBOX game. As for KOTOR 2, I played through most of the game and it just isn't the same as the original. I'm not sure if I'll finish KOTOR 2 because I can't seem to beat these Sith muthas...KOTOR 2 is frustrating as hell

I'd go with Kotor 1. If you want an action game I'd get Jedi Outcast instead of Jedi Academy, though you can't customize your lightsaber or join the dark side it has superior level design to Academy.

I have KOTOR 1 and Jedi Outcast. KOTOR 1 is an amazing game, i had kotor 2 for a few weeks but it didnt live up to its predecssor at all. Outcast i just got today for $1 and it seems like its going to be fun especially the jedi arena mode but supposedly it takes about 5 levels to get to the fun stuff.

KOTOR 2 was great. The first one was a bit better, but it's not as big of a gap as this thread is making it seem. Both games are fantastic and well worth your time. However, play the first one first because there are minor spoilers in the second game. It's just easier to enjoy the second game if you have the backstory.

KOTOR 2 starts off alittle slow but it picks up and is a GREAT game that is if you already played and completed KOTOR 1

bread's done
Back