Just have a quick question about Amazon's promotional balances.

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I noticed that I had a different balance for MP3s, video games, etc. when compared to my gift card total I went to check my balance. Here's what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/B0xxv.jpg

Now I'm just trying to figure out if those totals are separate from the gift card amount, meaning that I could, say, buy a video game under $24 and it would essentially be "free" and not be taken from the gift card total, but from that other random amount. I tried testing it out by trying to buy a digital game from Amazon (I'm assuming that would be the restriction), but it just says that it's taking the payment from "gift card/certificates" at the checkout screen, which isn't really making things clear.

Do any of you have experience with this? I'd appreciate some info to clear this up before I possibly miss out. Thanks in advance, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response, but that doesn't answer my question. If you look at the screenshot, there's a $24 balance in everything but gift cards and Kindle books.

MP3s/download games/instant video and Android apps all come from the same pool.

The GC balance is what works on everything, including the above items. If you have a balance that coves MP3s/download games/instant video and Android apps, items purchased from those groups come from that balance first and foremost.

So that means if I buy a digital game, it won't be taking any of it out of my gift card's balance unless it goes past that $24, right? Awesome. Thanks.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']So that means if I buy a digital game, it won't be taking any of it out of my gift card's balance unless it goes past that $24, right? Awesome. Thanks.[/QUOTE]That's how it's worked for me repeatedly in the past.

What shrike said. On a slightly related topic: If you redeem an MP3 promotional code, and already have a promotional balance (one that covers all categories), an MP3 purchase will be subtracted from the overall balance instead of specifically the MP3 code you most recently applied (even if it has an expiration date).
I had promotional balance from a Black Friday purchase & applied an MP3 code (had expiration date). Made an MP3 purchase. My purchase was subtracted from each category, while the MP3 code was only added to the MP3 section. Therefore it subtracted from my general promotional credit & left me w/ Mp3 code I could not use until using up my entire balance before the MP3 expiration date. Complained to Amazon & they gave me a $5 gift card. I like to rant. Sorry.

bread's done
Back