Just hit the 20 DS game mark.

destro713

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have 20 DS games. I know this isn't a big deal for most, but I've never been the kind of hardcore gamer who buys a ton of games for each platform. I got a GameCube a couple weeks after launch and I still don't have 20 games for that.

This can be added to the pile of evidence that the DS is the greatest gaming platform of all time, portable or not.

[quote name='destro713']I have 20 DS games. I know this isn't a big deal for most, but I've never been the kind of hardcore gamer who buys a ton of games for each platform. I got a GameCube a couple weeks after launch and I still don't have 20 games for that.

This can be added to the pile of evidence that the DS is the greatest gaming platform of all time, portable or not.[/quote]

Enjoy! :D

I freakin LOVE my ds. With the latest TRU sale Im at about 60 games for it. But of course I havent even touched half of them, I plan to eventually, I got em all thru b2g1 sales, or Amazon DOTD, etc...

[quote name='destro713']I have 20 DS games. I know this isn't a big deal for most, but I've never been the kind of hardcore gamer who buys a ton of games for each platform. I got a GameCube a couple weeks after launch and I still don't have 20 games for that.

This can be added to the pile of evidence that the DS is the greatest gaming platform of all time, portable or not.[/QUOTE]
Why? You have a cube and didn't have more than 20 games for it? Why? And regarding the DS collection...So What!

Congrats! I have a lot of games for the DS as well- more than I should, probably. :lol:

I got a GBA late in its life and was very meh on it, but now I'd rather play handhelds than a console. Yay DS!

Gah! I'm currently at 18 games...just 2 more and I'll be in the 20 DS game club :lol:

Puzzle Quest and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations will be the two games to make it 20, I'm hoping. :)

I have 42 myself and I'm having the damndest time trying to truncate it to 20. The most games I've ever had for one system before this was around 15.

i have no idea how many games i have for it. i havent updated my list in a LONG time.

i did however pick up 9 new games during the TRU sale.

Got you beat, Rocko. 55 :roll:

Most of them b/c of this site... but still, probably way too many. I'm contemplating making the DS the last system I own, esp. with so many good games. I just have less and less time to play games as I get older.

[quote name='johnnypark']Got you beat, Rocko. 55 :roll:

Most of them b/c of this site... but still, probably way too many. I'm contemplating making the DS the last system I own, esp. with so many good games. I just have less and less time to play games as I get older.[/quote]

As I grow older, I find that the amount of money I have to spend on games is inveresly proportional to the amount of time I have to play them. ;)

[quote name='Puffa469']As I grow older, I find that the amount of money I have to spend on games is inveresly proportional to the amount of time I have to play them. ;)[/quote]i hear ya buddy, same on this side

I have ~40 I believe. With the recent TRU sale I finally surpassed my largest collection (GBA). I think PC trumps them... but it doesn't really count... *runs and hugs his C&C CD's*.

Aside from me, does anyone else play all the games they buy here?

I'm a gamer, not a collector, so I only buy when I have a real desire/intention to play the game. The same goes with music and movies too... although with movies sometimes I miscalculate and buy a movie I saw in the theater and think I'll want to re-watch, and then the desire never arises. The only time that happened to me with a game is when I picked up Castlevania: Harmony Of Dissonance on the GBA and immediately found myself in a phase where I totally lost interest in gaming for several months. (The GameCube years were challenging times for a Nintendo fanboy.) Luckily I left it sealed, so I returned it for the full $30 a couple months later. Years after that I would finally play it as part of the Double Pack cart and see that my decision to skip it way back when was probably a smart one.

I've got 15 games for the DS, and I thought that was a lot, lol. 18 if you count my sisters'. My collection has steadily been growing though. Eventually I hope to get 24 or 25 to fill up my Penguin United game case, heh. There are a ton of good games for the DS though.

[quote name='Josef']Anyone else like me in the 100 game DS club? :)[/quote]

Me!

I'm one of those people that say I need to stop buying games for the damn thing, but I know I probably never will. Hell, I just bought 18 games for it this week at the TRU B2G1F sale, bringing my total close to 150 (I haven't had time to even put them on my shelf yet, let alone count them).

[quote name='Kawnhr']Congrats, OP. I don't even have 15 :lol:[/quote]
Same here. I did have over 20, but traded in a handful to GameCrazy for their promo. Now, I only have games that I want to play.

i remember back in the day before i found CAG, spent like $40-60 a game, wasn't worth it, now i spend the same amount for 2-3 games and don't have any time to play it, 29 games and climbing, the ds is almost caught up to my gc collection ;)

[quote name='Josef']Anyone else like me in the 100 game DS club? :)[/QUOTE]

*coughs*

Anyone else in the 150 DS game club?

Well shit, if we're all throwing numbers around... I think I topped out at just under 30 before I cleaned house, down to 14 now, not including a Phantom Hourglass preorder.

[quote name='Zen Davis']PS2 is better.[/QUOTE]Ditto.

I can't even find 20 DS games worth owning, since I only have 5 (My PSP has 58 games in comparison).

You kids are being silly with your claims of how many DS games you have. I don't think that's what the OP's point was. He was trying to say how much fun he's having with the DS.

I completely see where he's coming from. I remember getting a DS about a year after it came out with like a few games. And then it just kept growing and growing...

I don't think I've had this many games on one system so quickly (technically about 2 years). And the problem here is that even with all the sales and what not, I think I averaged a higher cost per game for the DS than any other system.:lol:

I've had about 25-30 but decided to ebay a bunch that I stopped playing, i came out with about $150 and now have 10 games.

I have 14

1. Brain Age
2. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
3. Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
4. Final Fantasy III
5. Hotel Dusk Room 215
6. Mario Kart
7. Meteos
8. Metroid Prime Hunters
9. Metroid Pinball
10. New Super Mario Bros
11. Phoenix Wright Justice For All
12. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
13. Resident Evil Deadly Silence
14. Super Mario64 DS

[quote name='Puffa469']As I grow older, I find that the amount of money I have to spend on games is inveresly proportional to the amount of time I have to play them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Considering that you start with more time to play than money to spend, and end up with more money to spend than time to play, there must be then some magical time where the amount of money is equivalent to (or perfect for) the amount of time you have to play games. And during that time, gaming goodness is plenty. :)

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Considering that you start with more time to play than money to spend, and end up with more money to spend than time to play, there must be then some magical time where the amount of money is equivalent to (or perfect for) the amount of time you have to play games. And during that time, gaming goodness is plenty. :)

Ruahrc[/quote]Unfortunately its not a linear thing. It's more of a step-wise function :lol:. Or we would find that time and relish it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Ditto.

I can't even find 20 DS games worth owning, since I only have 5 (My PSP has 58 games in comparison).[/quote]

You aren't looking very hard at all if you can't find 20 DS games worth owning.

I also love this DS vs PSP bait you left. Classy.

Christ, I just blasted my way through Pheonix Wright this weekend. But apparently, there is a fifth case. Why the hell would you show the credits before the last case?

Aww, whatever. Anyway, I'm at like... 18 now, but that is me and my sister combined. I only have like 8 Gamecube games, 9 360 games, 10 Xbox Games, 15 PS2 Games, and 4 Wii games.

Yea, wow, those numbers just suprised me.

I've had all of those systems since launch...

But I do have 20 SNES games.

because in the original GBA version, there was no fifth case, it was a case made exclusively for the ds and takes advantage of the touch/dual screens

[quote name='maigoyume']because in the original GBA version, there was no fifth case, it was a case made exclusively for the ds and takes advantage of the touch/dual screens[/quote]

Really? I just started it now, thanks for that info.

I've got 35 DS games at the moment:

1. Mario Kart DS
2. Nintendogs: Lab & Friends
3. Sonic Rush
4. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
5. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
6. Trauma Center: Under the Knife
7. Kirby Canvas Curse
8. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
9. Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
10. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
11. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
12. Super Princess Peach
13. Meteos
14. Metroid Prime: Hunters
15. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
16. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All
17. New Super Mario Bros.
18. Brain Age
19. Tetris DS
20. Cooking Mama
21. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
22. Contact
23. Final Fantasy III
24. Animal Crossing: Wild World
25. Yoshi's Island DS
26. Elite Beat Agents
27. Children of Mana
28. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
29. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
30. Hotel Dusk: Room 215
31. Pokemon Diamond
32. Lunar Knights
33. Bust A Move DS
34. Nanostray
35. Gunpey DS

Party's over. Just sold one on Goozex. Down to 19.

Although, I do have a friend's copy of Animal Crossing that I will probably never have to give back, so maybe that counts as a 20th.

Poster #31 is correct. The point of this thread is that the DS is the first platform for which I've amassed 20 games during its normal lifecycle, and I think that reflects how great a platform it is. It's a "personal best," if you will. The point was not to stack my 20 game cases on top of each other and use them as an online cockjousting lance.

If you're the kind of person who typically builds 100-game libraries for any given system, owning 100 DS games is meaningless -- especially if you don't play them all. But if you're like me, and your normal habit is to get only one system from the current generation and buy less than 20 games for it over the half-decade (or so) that it's your "main" system, finding yourself with 20 games for a platform you've owned for one year is kind of appalling. And a portable system at that.

[quote name='Zen Davis']PS2 is better.[/QUOTE]

I agree. DS is a damn fine system with tons of great games, AND it's better than PS3, 360, Wii, and PSP, but I still have to give the edge to PS2.

bread's done
Back