Just ordered True Crime, is it any good?

MorbidAngel4Life

CAGiversary!
I read on Gamefaqs(yeah yeah dont flame me lol) that its alright, plus ive been wanting it for a while, is it a good game or not? (i ordered it on the GCN, of course).

[quote name='Dok Diamond']whats its matter if we tell u it suxs, u aready ordered it[/quote]

I just wanna know everyones opinion on iit.

There are parts that are fun, and there are a lot of good ideas, but it just doesn't hold together well. The stealth missions are terrible.

It's lame. The story goes to hell after a while (I won't spoil it), and it gets repetitive fast. It's a rental and not much else.

The random crime mode doesn't really add much to the replay value and for having modeled so much of LA, it feels wasted and dead.

Also, it's closer to Dead To Rights than GTA, so don't expect GTA: Los Angeles when you play it.

Each chapter will last about an hour, including the alternate missions. The game will last approx. 10-12 hours. Easily beaten under a week.

The game is a landmark, for collecting purposes, for its rendition of LA. But you'll wish it included more of LA. There's no observatory, no Burbank, and you can't drive around the 'Hollywood' sign. Freeways are there, Santa Monica is there, Sunset is there, and the 3rd St. Promanade is there. Staple Center is there too.

You can actually use a real map to navigate while just driving around and listening to the tunes. The sound track is top notch, if you like West Coast hip hop. Snoop is cool to play as.

There's no hooking up with 'ladies of the night' like in GTA:VC. There are no bikes/motorcycles/scooters of any kind in True Crime:SoLA. You can not drive into highrise parking garages in TC. In fact, you can not enter the actual city block in "most" areas.

Camera lacks inverse flip for left and right. (I like to see this in TC:2)

It's fun to cause mayham, and have the citizens and SWAT go afta your a$$. Hint: shoot out the license plates of vehicles from the back! Enjoy!

Too short, too easy, I hate Rap so the music blows more than a cheap hooker. Better off spending the $10 (that's how much u spent on the crap right?) on the streets on LA, at least then you get something better thats easy and blows in a better way. :p

It's pretty good if you want to learn how to get anywhere in Los Angeles. I only paid $12 shipped and it kills my boredom pretty well.

My coworker learned to navigate the actual streets of LA through this game.

I enjoyed it, but most of my fun came from driving to various locations I knew and repeatedly giggling.

If you've always felt that the only thing missing from GTA was a bunch of zombies and even more mind numbing missions, then this is your game.

If you're not retarded or in a coma, you'll turn this one off in about 5 minutes.

I think the game is alright if you aren't expecting too much. The game is no GTA, and the story does kind of go south, but it is alright overall

It was fun while it lasted. I beat it in a single Blockbuster rental. It's not as bad as everyone says it is. Just don't expect the cream of the crop and have fun with what's there and you'll get your moneys worth.

i rented it a couple months ago and i tried to like it....i really did. but i couldnt

i guess playing gta 3 and vice city has set my standards high :/

I'ts not a bad game, and if you got it cheap, then it's worth it. Nick Kang, while cliched, is actually a pretty fun character (typical badass cop with a smart mouth) and has some interesting lines. The shooting is much more refined than GTA, so that's a plus. The biggest problem is the length, lack of variety in the random crimes, and the fact that you can't go go behind anything pretty much ever (Is everything in LA fenced off?!). The driving is of good quality as well. so again, if you payed, eh, I'd say, about $20 brand new, then I think it was worth it. there's also this REALLY funny line towards the end of the game, but telling would spoil the story.....which goes bizzare for no real reason.

Reality's Fringe said:
I'ts not a bad game, and if you got it cheap, then it's worth it. Nick Kang, while cliched, is actually a pretty fun character (typical badass cop with a smart mouth) and has some interesting lines. The shooting is much more refined than GTA, so that's a plus. The biggest problem is the length, lack of variety in the random crimes, and the fact that you can't go go behind anything pretty much ever (Is everything in LA fenced off?!). The driving is of good quality as well. so again, if you payed, eh, I'd say, about $20 brand new, then I think it was worth it. there's also this REALLY funny line towards the end of the game, but telling would spoil the story.....which goes bizzare for no real reason.

Believe or not, yes. Almost everything in LA is fenced off in one way or another. The nice side effect of urban sprawl is that we need to mark our territory in obvious ways.

I got it for $50 from BB online with a $25 GC a long time ago, wasnt worth it. The story was soo dumb and it got old after a short amount of time. Nothing like GTA

It is alright. The graphics are okay (on PS2). The controls are kinda bad. The cars are much cooler than GTA VC. The main character isnt as good as Vercetti/ No Name (gta3). Id give it a 5/10. Unless you have gamecube only, get vice city too

[quote name='BigHow']
Reality's Fringe said:

Believe or not, yes. Almost everything in LA is fenced off in one way or another. The nice side effect of urban sprawl is that we need to mark our territory in obvious ways.[/quote]

i beat it in 2 days lol. I used a damn code to open up Snoop D-O-Double G, and hes is so funny to play as, especially when you hit someone and he says CLINK!

and what line are you talking about?

bread's done
Back