Just ordered two DSs from Gameexpress.com

St_Genesius

CAG Veteran
One graphite and one pink, both cheaper than I could buy a Titanium locally (9.25% sales tax here) even after shipping. I'm losing out on the free Mario 64, but I don't like platformers, so no big deal.

I'll let y'all know how gameexpress does on shipping speed, etc., just for future reference. I've heard only good things, though, so I'm not worried. Plus, the pink one is for my gf's b-day which isn't for another month or so, so no big rush.

Time to bump some DS games to the top of my Gamefly Q...

[quote name='St_Genesius']One graphite and one pink, both cheaper than I could buy a Titanium locally (9.25% sales tax here) even after shipping. I'm losing out on the free Mario 64, but I don't like platformers, so no big deal.

I'll let y'all know how gameexpress does on shipping speed, etc., just for future reference. I've heard only good things, though, so I'm not worried. Plus, the pink one is for my gf's b-day which isn't for another month or so, so no big rush.

Time to bump so DS games to the top of my Gamefly Q...[/QUOTE]

9.25%.. you in TN?

Marking this topic so I can see how this turned out when you actually do get your order. I'm interested in the white DS they have.

I'd rather have the color I wanted without the game than a color I didn't want and the hassle of selling a game to make back a few bucks . Even if this way had been a little more expensive, I would likely have done it. The money isn't much of an issue really, but the fact that this way did turn out to be very slightly cheaper (about $6 per unit) just makes it that much more appealing.

[quote name='eldad9']Well, you probably could have sold mario 64 for around $15-$20 here.[/QUOTE]

Check it: I placed the order this morning and it has already shipped. And that's with three of the four items listed as shipping within "1-2 days" and only one at "within 24 hours." That's pretty damn impressive.

They're selling the import colors for $144.99 and the Titanium for $147.99. They don't currently list the Electric Blue color at the site. Shipping on a single DS would be about $7.50. On my entire order of two DSs + two games, the shipping was about $8.50. Compare that to the aforementioned 9.25% sales tax here + $149.99 per DS (plus very slightly higher game prices at EB or Gamestop) and it's a decent buy.

EDIT: I just checked with EBgames.com and the same order there, but with domestic colored DSs and their superslow Saver shipping would have cost $402.35. I payed $356.17 with FedEx Ground.

[quote name='OldTime']Just wondering, is this place selling them cheaper than normal, or they just have better colors for them right now.[/QUOTE]

Got'em! They look great! It tooka few minutes for me to figure out how to make them speak English, but luckily the steps it forces you through on first boot-up are pretty obvious. After that, it was just a matter of finding the right menu (hint: look for the Globe). I'm very satisfied.

So it took about a week to get them? I am going to assume that US and JPN releases work fine with them. Any other notibles?

Less than a week. I ordered last Thursday, got them yesterday (Tuesday). US games work just fine. Other than the Japanes manual, it's identicle to the US version once you switch the language to English.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So it took about a week to get them? I am going to assume that US and JPN releases work fine with them. Any other notibles?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they apparently sold out of the Pink this week. But last week I emailed them and asked if they were going to restock (I was afraid they'd sell out before I had the money to place my order) and they said that yes, they planned to restock immediately. They haven't had pink listed for three days now, I think, so I'd expect them to be back any day now.

The pink looks really good. Exactly like the promo pics -- very pastel and not at all pepto like some of the user pics I've seen of it.

[quote name='Flea']I want to order a pink one,. but its not listed.[/QUOTE]

Fastest shipping ever. I ordered a pink one monday morning, it was in my front porch when I got home from work today.

bread's done
Back