Just picked up Ninja Gaiden II on clearance... difficulty question [Use NGII thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade Moose

CAGiversary!
How hard are the two starting difficulties? I am trying it on the Warrior difficulty and it seems on par with the first games normal difficulty. Am I right, or is the difficulty going to ramp up pretty quickly? If so I would like to start over on an easier setting before I get too far. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='Renegade Moose']How hard are the two starting difficulties? I am trying it on the Warrior difficulty and it seems on par with the first games normal difficulty. Am I right, or is the difficulty going to ramp up pretty quickly? If so I would like to start over on an easier setting before I get too far. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

I haven't played the game, but from what I hear, you're about to get your ass handed to you once you get past the tutorial, regardless of difficulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluv2HxFEqs

Also, this needs to be merged with the Ninja Gaiden II thread. Use the search function when posting about specific games, people!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152027

~HotShotX

I played through the first game about three times and I found parts of Path of the Warrior challenging. That's probably not a bad place to start.

Warrior is pretty challenging on it's own, but unless you're masochistic don't bother with Mentor or Master Ninja (which btw, you have to beat it on Mentor before even be able to play Master Ninja)

[quote name='HotShotX']Also, this needs to be merged with the Ninja Gaiden II thread. Use the search function when posting about specific games, people![/QUOTE]

I tried searching for the NG2 thread and couldn't find it (and I know it is on here somewhere) so after trying for several minutes I gave up.

I found the first game to be a decent challenge on the normal difficulty (and actually beat it three or four times), but I could never force myself to get very far on the higher difficulties. Hopefully this one proves to be the same on Warrior.

i beat ng2 on master ninja and i'll tell you that even acolyte is not really a cakewalk. the first few levels are pretty easy but when the game starts introducing rocket based enemies that's when things more difficult. i heard there's a patch now that tones down the damage on enemy projectiles, so maybe things are easier in general so if this is true you could probably stick to warrior. i feel old: "back in the day, ng2 rockets did 4 times more damage!"

[quote name='espionage']i beat ng2 on master ninja and i'll tell you that even acolyte is not really a cakewalk. the first few levels are pretty easy but when the game starts introducing rocket based enemies that's when things more difficult. i heard there's a patch now that tones down the damage on enemy projectiles, so maybe things are easier in general so if this is true you could probably stick to warrior. i feel old: "back in the day, ng2 rockets did 4 times more damage!"[/QUOTE]

I thought there was a patch out as well, but when I sign in it never prompts me for a title update...

if you beat ninja gaiden on normal you should not have too much trouble on warrior difficulty. As espionage said though, the rocket enemies will probably cause some problems (and immense amounts of frustration).

Acolyte = You are a ladyboy who needs the game to be way easy.
Warrior = NG1 normal.
Mentor = Tough challenge, rocket pods EVERYWHERE.
Master Ninja = Team Ninja hates you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back