Just saw 41 Wii's at my local Sears!

P dad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just saw 41 Wii's at my Sears... I have only seen 3 in the wild in the last 10 months and I walk in and there are about 35 in a cage and 6 in the glass case.

yesterday at Best Buy I saw 3 people buying them. It seemed like they just got lucky, this one older guy looked at me weird when he noticed I saw a Wii in his basket by his feet.

I remember seeing them as late as 6 PM at a BB one day. I was in the video game section and I overheard some employees talking about how they had Wiis up at the door. So I went to take a look, and at the door where they check your reciept, they had 3 Wiis on the podium. I was pretty suprised that they didnt sell that late in the day, especially when they put it in an area where everyone walking out would see them. Of course, some guy buys one about 5 min later, but thats not the point...

[quote name='CouRageouS']yesterday at Best Buy I saw 3 people buying them. It seemed like they just got lucky, this one older guy looked at me weird when he noticed I saw a Wii in his basket by his feet.[/quote]Git away from mah baskit!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No one suspects Sears for anything, that's why.[/QUOTE]

I suspect them for having 1000s upon 1000s of copies of Dora and Hannah Montana games for the GBA.

[quote name='Apossum']I suspect them for having 1000s upon 1000s of copies of Dora and Hannah Montana games for the GBA.[/QUOTE]

Iz it rarez??????

I still don't understand why this system is so hard to find. Are people really that bored that they have to buy them the second they see one thus making them a rarity?

nah, it's mostly scalpers. people still want them, so as long as scalpers buy up all the available units they can make $50-100 per unit by positioning themselves as middlemen. Eventually the systems get to the people who want them...there's just an extra cash drain along the way that keeps them scarce.

The stores here are flooded with them now, except for Sears (I don't think any of the Sears here sell video games). Which is quite weird since you still see people on kijiji and Canadian deal forums selling these with a $50 - $100 markup.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']I still haven't seen one on store shelves. I'm glad I got mine when I did. :D[/quote]
same here november 19th, 2006 10:00am at circuit city, opening day waiting 5 hrs for it...

I bought mine secondhand for really cheap. So, to me, it's comical to see people still ravenous about getting one. ;)

To be honest, there are only a handful of buy-worthy Wii games. Seems like it's just for social status.

what games would those be blade? i think there will be enough games for the wii eventually. its still early on in the consoles life.

I think the games definitely worth owning so far are LoZ: Twilight Princess, RE4: Wii Edition, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3 and WarioWare:SM. And then there are a couple borderline buys (games that I would get if they dropped to $20 or below) like Cooking Mama and Kororinpa.

I think it's definitely a status thing but not among core gamers. Honestly there are more games on Wii already (not to mention the VC, which is great) that were must buys for me than the 360 and PS3 combined. I recently bought a 360 for Pac-Man: CE and I'm like, "What else is there?" I have Madden, will get NHL and maybe Dead Rising. Otherwise, it just seems like FPS games and PC ports.*

*I'm not bashing on the 360. I think everything about the console itself is amazing, I just wish more original content would come to it. The PS3 is an entirely different matter.;)

There haven't been any Wii's in stock in stores on shelves here for months on end and I have only seen them once in the wild..

im finding more and more stores carrying more than 1. but it last for a week then you never get to see them when you come back.

I think parents are buying them now. Scalpers really cannot make a decent profit on ebay as they used too. I see them every now and then.

[quote name='Apossum']I suspect them for having 1000s upon 1000s of copies of Dora and Hannah Montana games for the GBA.[/QUOTE]

That is as real as the heavens itself....hehehe!

i actually remembered when the 360 came out and everyone else is sold out except for the sears in paramus, nj. someone discovered they had a whole pile of them there a week later. i guess sears will be the most unlikely place for people to buy their consoles unless its on clearance.

bread's done
Back