K-Mart-(5/23-5/29)-Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 get another Wii Mario game for $14.99(ac)

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I just got the K-Mart ad for next week(5/23-5/29) and it seems if you pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $49.99 they will give you a $30.00 off coupon good on the other Mario titled Wii games. There are 5 titles listed that the coupon will work on and they are also all on sale for $44.99. So take the $30.00 coupon off and end up paying $14.99 plus your local tax.

Titles Listed
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. Mario Kart Wii(with wheel)
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Mario Party 8
5. Mario Super Sluggers

EDIT:
Also listed

UFC 2010-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free T-Shirt

Blur-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free unlockable code for a chrome BMW

considering I never got new super mario bros this would be a great deal...but i never even beat the first galaxy, and my wii is in my closet collecting dust lol

Already got a $15 gaming coupon at K-Mart to use on Super Mario Galaxy 2 making it $35... might grab an extra NSMB for $15 and flip it to Gamestop, should get about $35 after the 30% bump and Edge.

Pretty awesome deal getting NSMB for $15 if you don't own it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad deal imo, most people who wanted those games already have them. If it was $30 off any game, it would be awesome.

I like this deal if I can get NSMB and trade it at GS where it still goes for $25 before you take into account the extra 40% trade special (30% bonus + 10% Edge) and that would make it worth $35 total and you would get almost $20 extra credit for this quick flip.

Awesome Deal, especially when you consider that Nintendo's games take years to go down in price (if ever).

I might have to bite on this. Don't have Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Bros yet. And here I told myself I wouldn't buy any games while unemployed and would work on my backlog.

Here is a question that I have that hopefully somebody could clarify for me. I went to Kmart today and saw that NSMB has a $10 coupon towards a future Nintendo game purchase and this promo runs out on Saturday.

I figured that I should pick up NSMB now as a placeholder in case I can't get there in time on Sunday and NSMB were to sell out at the $14.99 price point. Now could I return the game unopened, keep the $10 credit, use that credit on SMBG2 and rebuy my placeholder NSMB at the discounted $14.99 price?

If that happens, I basically would consider it getting SMBG2 at regular price and NSMB for $4.99 if that credit does apply. Now only paying $4.99, I would be tempted to flip this at GS for $35.00 (my above post breaks this down) trade-in credit netting a $30 flip.

Anyone else thinks that this is a good idea?

[quote name='LordVila']Very tempting, hopefully this will be online so I don't have to deal with going into the store.[/QUOTE]

I hope its online too. I don't have a K-Mart. This makes me wish I did. That's a killer deal as people have already said Nintendo games rarely drop in price if ever.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Here is a question that I have that hopefully somebody could clarify for me. I went to Kmart today and saw that NSMB has a $10 coupon towards a future Nintendo game purchase and this promo runs out on Saturday.

I figured that I should pick up NSMB now as a placeholder in case I can't get there in time on Sunday and NSMB were to sell out at the $14.99 price point. Now could I return the game unopened, keep the $10 credit, use that credit on SMBG2 and rebuy my placeholder NSMB at the discounted $14.99 price?

If that happens, I basically would consider it getting SMBG2 at regular price and NSMB for $4.99 if that credit does apply. Now only paying $4.99, I would be tempted to flip this at GS for $35.00 (my above post breaks this down) trade-in credit netting a $30 flip.

Anyone else thinks that this is a good idea?[/QUOTE]

They probably take the $10 gift card off of your refund amount. Stores have already thought of this scam years ago and won't allow a full price return without the gift card back.

[quote name='tarskidx']here is a question that i have that hopefully somebody could clarify for me. I went to kmart today and saw that nsmb has a $10 coupon towards a future nintendo game purchase and this promo runs out on saturday.

I figured that i should pick up nsmb now as a placeholder in case i can't get there in time on sunday and nsmb were to sell out at the $14.99 price point. Now could i return the game unopened, keep the $10 credit, use that credit on smbg2 and rebuy my placeholder nsmb at the discounted $14.99 price?

If that happens, i basically would consider it getting smbg2 at regular price and nsmb for $4.99 if that credit does apply. Now only paying $4.99, i would be tempted to flip this at gs for $35.00 (my above post breaks this down) trade-in credit netting a $30 flip.

Anyone else thinks that this is a good idea?[/quote]

return fraud

[quote name='Purkeynator']They probably take the $10 gift card off of your refund amount. Stores have already thought of this scam years ago and won't allow a full price return without the gift card back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this is Kmart we are talking about here.

[quote name='Got_Wii']return fraud[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this is kmart we are talking about here.

[quote name='ajh2298']I just got the K-Mart ad for next week(5/23-5/29) and it seems if you pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $49.99 they will give you a $30.00 off coupon good on the other Mario titled Wii games. There are 5 titles listed that the coupon will work on and they are also all on sale for $44.99. So take the $30.00 coupon off and end up paying $14.99 plus your local tax.

Titles Listed
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. Mario Kart Wii(with wheel)
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Mario Party 8
5. Mario Super Sluggers

EDIT:
Also listed

UFC 2010-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free T-Shirt

Blur-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free unlockable code for a chrome BMW[/QUOTE]

What was the source of this?

[quote name='agentcoop007']What was the source of this?[/QUOTE]

As stated in his first sentence, he saw it in the ad. ;)

I can confirm this deal, as I got the Kmart ad in the mail today also.

So SMG2 + NSMB for $69 after tax from K-Mart. Or buy NSMB for $35 from Amazon now, put that credit into SMG2, and get both for $$75 +$20 credit from Amazon? I'm going with Amazon.

[quote name='worshipsf']As stated in his first sentence, he saw it in the ad. ;)

I can confirm this deal, as I got the Kmart ad in the mail today also.[/QUOTE]

I missed that part, sorry :dunce: Now I gotta come up with $65 (Oregon) and be there at open, if its in the ad i figure I'll have lots of GAGs to fight over copies

If I can use this to get two copies of Super mario Galaxy 2, I may go for this and get a copy for myself and my brother, and see if he'll split the prices with me. $35 for a copy with no gift card to worry about would be pretty sweet.

If you want 2 copies, buy SMG2 @ Kmart and used the $30 coupon to get New Super Mario Bros and take it to GS to trade in towards SMG2 with the extra 50% coupon. If you have edge, and the trade in value stays the same, you'll get $40 and all you'll need is $10+tax for SMG. You'll basically pay $25ish for the second SMG2 game.

I'm sure your brother has $25 bucks.

I was hoping there would be some kind of Galaxy bundle. Galaxy 1&2 for for $65 isn't too bad. Hard to believe Kmart has the best deal this time around. Then again, I can't remember the last time Worst Buy even tried.

[quote name='Purkeynator']They probably take the $10 gift card off of your refund amount. Stores have already thought of this scam years ago and won't allow a full price return without the gift card back.[/QUOTE]
So I'm guessing I can't buy 2 copies of SMG 2, buying 2 of those Mario games then ask for a refund while keeping the other 2?

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll get BB pricematch with KM and use my GC for it. Possible get extra 250 reward points too :)[/QUOTE]
Thats exactly what I'm planing to do. Already have 3 plans, Plan A for K-mart. If Plan A doesn't work, I'll go for Plan B for Wal-mart. If Plan B doesn't work, I'll go for Plan C for Frys or Toys R' Us.

Walked into K-Mart in Toledo, OH at 8:00 a.m. Walked out with SMG2 and SMG for $69 & change at 8:10 a.m. Employee had to go in back for SMG2 since it was not in the case yet. Great deal for two awesome games.

I want to know if this is a coupon that we have to use on two separate orders, or is it BG deal. I hope its a coupon because then I can get my employee discount, and use a $5 off $50 coupon and get SMG2 and NSMB for about $55!

I think Gamestop have better deal. Mario Galaxy 2 $50, New Super Mario Bros $35 and Harvest Moon: TOT $20 - 25DEAL & SAVER Coupon = Under $85 Shipped - $30 Coupon for Later = $55.

bread's done
Back