Kameo Kontest Prizes

McBacon

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if this was brought up on CAG, but Microsoft held a compo for people to design their own skin for Kameo, I submitted a Pummel Weed / Mumbo Jumbo combo and won!

MumboPummelweedShot.jpg

Well my prize arrived today, and I'd like to brag if I may!

kanmeodv2.jpg

I won a questionable T-shirt, it is a pretty wierd blue with one of those "changes depending how you look at it" images STUCK on the front. It shows Kameo, Ash and Chilla however I cannot fathom the image of myself wearing it (and I wear a Lemmings 2 shirt for gawds sake!)

The soundtrack is very cool; great tracks, nice case.

I also got 2300 MS Points which will go towards Small Arms, Hoopworld and maybe Lumines Live.

So basically, in conclusion: :bouncy:

[quote name='Brak']Congrats, man.

Prizes seem kinda weak, though...[/quote]

Well, I guess the fact that I get my "design" in the game is pretty cool, guess I should have designed something more personal than sticking together two Rare characters :p

Mumbo is a neat character. Does Rare plan on using your skin for anything...? Mumbo skin, that is.

EDIT: Question was answered as my computer was posting.

[quote name='McBacon']Well, I guess the fact that I get my "design" in the game is pretty cool, guess I should have designed something more personal than sticking together two Rare characters :p[/quote]

Hey, it made you win. I actually think its pretty cool. What did you create the pic or create the skin in the game? Also how did you do it?

Prize is are okay nothing special , but yeah the fact it's in the game is awesome. Can everyone who owns game download? how exactly did they update it for you?

[quote name='McBacon']Well, I guess the fact that I get my "design" in the game is pretty cool[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's definitely the best part about it. Nice job.

[quote name='6669']Congrads!
Your "prizes" though seem more like something that the runners-up would have received.[/quote]

That's what I thought. You'd think they would give him a voucher or something for a free Xbox 360 game.

But at least that prize is better than what Nintendo gave out during their Camp Hyrule this year. Those cheap bastards.

You don't like the T-shirt? I think its pretty rad! Lenticular things are sweet. Like the posters for some movies, and the 7-11 promotional cups. Im a sucker for anything lenticular.

I saw that a few weeks back on their site and thought that it was the best one of them all...never thought it would have been created by a CAG. Congrats. I wanted to enter but they didnt have templates and it seemed like too much work...for me anyway.

[quote name='akilshohen']that's pretty cool, what other rare game is he from?[/QUOTE]
are you serious?

& congrats on winning

[quote name='darkrage']You don't like the T-shirt? I think its pretty rad! Lenticular things are sweet. Like the posters for some movies, and the 7-11 promotional cups. Im a sucker for anything lenticular.[/quote]
Not to mention the Spider-Man 3 poster:

:drool:
thumb-spiderman_3_teaser.gif
:drool:

[quote name='help1']2300 MS points is where it shines.[/QUOTE]

Is that a typo for 3200? 2300 seems like an odd number, since most cards come in 1600s.

Skins have been up for DL since yesterday:

Kameo downloadable content: single-handedly keeping Microsoft's press release people in business. The latest related addition to Xbox Live Marketplace is the Design-A-Skin pack, a full set of 11 skins based on the winning entries in the Design Your Own Skin competition (scroll down to the 2/6/06 Show Us Some Skin update for more details).

Want a sneak preview of the victorious designs and how well they translate to the in-game Warriors before you hop on and download 'em free of charge?

Kameo | Pummel Weed | Rubble | Ash | Major Ruin
Deep Blue | Chilla | Flex | 40 Below | Snare | Thermite

http://rareware.com/

Great Job OP you really had one of the best.
I will download these when I get home.

I really like Pummel Weed, Rubble, Ash, Snare and Thermite skins.

bread's done
Back