Kane & Lynch 2 demo--What do you think?

tcatsninfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I apologize if this thread's already been created; I didn't see one.

So who's played the Kane & Lynch 2 demo? Specifically the multiplayer.

I've been playing it the last hour or so and overall I think it's awesome...its biggest problems have to do with connectivity issues. The game keeps freezing up and such. For every one good match I join there are 2-3 times that I've had to restart my PS3.

Overall though, it's really fun. It does an excellent job of recreating heist movies like Heat while still having an original feel. I wasn't a fan of the shaky/low-res video camera style until I started playing the game. They could probably tone the blurriness down just a bit but I think it works well other than that.

the shaky cam made me want to throw up and even after cutting it off the game just seems like more of the same. if the story is as good as the last one id rent it just to play it but i wouldnt want to own it. the aiming seems off too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree the shaky camera made me nauseous, I could not play very long. I am interested to see how the story plays out. I also had connectivity issues. I waited for 5 minutes twice and gave up.

The demo sucked ass. Easily the worst demo I've played in years. Shaky camera (what were they thinking?), bad controls, poor visuals, bad AI, and glitchy gameplay. I haven't even played the multiplayer. After I played through the single player demo I immediately deleted it.

Sorry you guys don't like it. I'll admit, though, that the multiplayer is a lot better than single player. I wasn't impressed with SP at all but the MP modes sounded interesting and have turned out pretty well.

There are network issues though, not just with connecting but during matches. There's a dog that appears about halfway through the round and will attack you, but it's so glitchy that I can't figure out where to shoot to kill it.

A question for you guys: Does the demo have split-screen co-op? One of my Gamefly slots are usually reserved for a offline co-op game, and figure this'll be a good fit.

bread's done
Back