Kane & Lynch didn't sell 1,000,000 & Zack & Wiki didn't bomb, and other sales facts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='moblin']got these numbas? thanks! :bow:[/QUOTE]

Tell you what, I'm going to wait until I get the new numbers...if I don't have them by Monday (though it may be Tuesday since my source is off work on Monday for the holiday), I'll post these older numbers.

[quote name='roland13x']
Outrun Coast 2 Coast - 37k (PS2) 54k (PSP) 179(copies, not thousands) (??) (XBX)[/QUOTE]

It is true that the Xbox version of C2C is pretty rare. I doubt it's quite THAT rare, but I remember when I bought my original copy when it first came out, it was rather tough to come by. I actually sold mine on eBay a while back, and when I saw these numbers, I was like, "Man, if I ever see that again, I am going to pick it up." Was at BB today, and they had it for $6.99. Suffice to say I am pretty happy. ;)

FWIW, the XBox version is actually inferior to the PS2 version in most respects...and even the original OutRun 2! Very weird...

RD

Steel Battalion
Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

aka the only reasons (besides backwards compatibility issues) i keep my OG XBox.

[quote name='roland13x']Outrun Coast 2 Coast - 37k (PS2) 54k (PSP) 179(copies, not thousands) (??) (XBX)[/QUOTE]

Ouch on the PSP sales. It's an awesome game and very well done on the PSP.

[quote name='whoknows']Ouch on the PSP sales. It's an awesome game and very well done on the PSP.[/quote]

Heck yeah it is. That's one of the best games I have played on the PSP.

[quote name='whoknows']Ouch on the PSP sales. It's an awesome game and very well done on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's even better if you overclock your PSP. No idea how to do that, but I agree it is fantastic on the PSP. Wish Sega would do Daytona/Daytona 2 on PSP...or any other system for that matter. But these numbers seem to say it wouldn't be worth it.

RD

[quote name='roland13x']Tell you what, I'm going to wait until I get the new numbers...if I don't have them by Monday (though it may be Tuesday since my source is off work on Monday for the holiday), I'll post these older numbers.[/quote]

OK cool. Maybe you should consider posting January numbers in this thread instead. Good luck with your game.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Steel Battalion
Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

aka the only reasons (besides backwards compatibility issues) i keep my OG XBox.[/quote]

was asked by someone else earlier in the thread:
Steel Battalion
w/controller - 43k
SB sequel - 14k

Thanks for an awesome therad. Love it and I spent a good two hours just reading over the WHOLE thread, so I SHOULDN'T have any duplicates. Thanks in advance if you answer any of mine

Beowulf (PS3/360)
Final Fantasy XI (PS2/360)
FFXI: Wings of the Goddess Expansion (PS2/360)
FFXI: Collection 2008 (PS2/360)
Tetris Evolution (360)
Brave Story: New Traveler (PSP)
Final Fantasy I (PSP)
Final Fantasy II (PSP)
PaRappa The Rapper (PSP)
Master of Illusion (DS)
Geometry Wars Galaxies (DS/Wii)
Puzzle Quest (DS/PSP/PS2/Wii)

Napoleon Dynamite (PSP/DS)
Culdcept Saga (360) (if the numbers are available yet...)

Plus I'm sure everybody wants to know NO MORE HEROES

Also, I know there were some imports sold in Best Buy (among other stores) and I"m curious if anything has shown up on the charts
Breath of Fire 3 (PSP)
Jump Superstars (DS)

Also, any chance of seeing the bottom 5 or 10 games on each system? I love to see the big losers. :D
Again, thanks for everything and I'm sorry my list is lengthly.

Here's one I'm curious about. Many have criticized the Dynasty Warriors franchise (and its spin-offs like Samurai Warriors) for basically re-releasing the same game with the same gameplay over and over and over and...over.

So I was wondering how the Dynasty Warrior and its spin-off (Empires, SW, SW:E, etc.) have sold over the years on the various platforms.

I'm betting each installment has sold around 100k or more (probably more earlier in the series), hence Koei not feeling the pressure to innovate. If people keep buying it, there isn't as much incentive for Koei to revamp or improve the gameplay.

Thanks as always.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Here's one I'm curious about. Many have criticized the Dynasty Warriors franchise (and its spin-offs like Samurai Warriors) for basically re-releasing the same game with the same gameplay over and over and over and...over.

So I was wondering how the Dynasty Warrior and its spin-off (Empires, SW, SW:E, etc.) have sold over the years on the various platforms.

I'm betting each installment has sold around 100k or more (probably more earlier in the series), hence Koei not feeling the pressure to innovate. If people keep buying it, there isn't as much incentive for Koei to revamp or improve the gameplay.

Thanks as always.[/QUOTE]

I already asked those. It's somewhere back.

Dynasty Warriors 3 PS2 423,000
Dynasty Warriors 4 PS2 537,000
Dynasty Warriors 5 PS2 193,000
Samurai Warriors PS2 177,000
Samurai Warriors 2 PS2 52,000
Samurai Warriors 2 360 52,000
Samurai Warriors 2: Empires 360 25,000

Not sure why I have two listings for SW2, I assume one is incorrect.

Edit: Nope, looked back and roland listed 52k for both. Coincidence or typo on his part.

[quote name='botticus']Dynasty Warriors 3 PS2 423,000

Edit: Nope, looked back and roland listed 52k for both. Coincidence or typo on his part.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I had to double check, because that number smelled fishy to me too.

It actually sold 52,882 on PS2, and 52,761 on 360 (prior to the Jan numbers).

Now that's a strange coincidence...

Still waiting for the January numbers to roll my way....

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm curious what Spyro and the Eternal Night did for GBA.[/QUOTE]

Since I don't get updated GBA stuff, I'll go for this one...

Spyro New Beginning - 60k
Spyro Cortex - 342k
Spyro Season Flame - 683k
Spyro Superpack - 49k
Spyro Season of Ice - 1.03M
Spyro Attack Rhynocs - 174k

I don't have Eternal Night numbers, as the latest GBA numbers I have are from Feb 07.

How about....

Killzone Liberation (PSP)
Silent Hill Origins (PSP)
Wipeout Pure (PSP)
Killzone (PS2)
Brave: Search for the Spirit Dancer (PS2)
The Red Star (PS2)

Hey roland,

Whenever you get your January numbers, how did Endless Ocean do?

Don't think anyone's asked about racing series (December numbers would be okay for this):

Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Forza
Forza 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed Carbon

Oh, also, if the numbers are provided for you - total unit sales by platform (for January)?

Thanks a lot!

Hey guys,

Quick update - I'm headed off to GDC, and I have a feeling my NPD contact is there this week, which is why I didn't get the Jan numbers yet. Hopefully I'll have them shortly.

[quote name='roland13x']Hey guys,

Quick update - I'm headed off to GDC, and I have a feeling my NPD contact is there this week, which is why I didn't get the Jan numbers yet. Hopefully I'll have them shortly.[/quote]Hurry up and announce that WiiWare title!

[quote name='botticus']Dynasty Warriors 3 PS2 423,000

Edit: Nope, looked back and roland listed 52k for both. Coincidence or typo on his part.[/quote]

It's strange that Dynasty Warriors 3 never went Greatest Hits despite selling that many copies.

Also, I think that maybe a reference database should be posted on the original post so the same titles don't get mixed in again, and if you're ever curious you can just take a look at the main page to see how much certain titles sold...

Also, I think that maybe a reference database should be posted on the original post so the same titles don't get mixed in again, and if you're ever curious you can just take a look at the main page to see how much certain titles sold...

I have one that I'm curious about. Galleon on the Xbox 1, published by Atlus. One of the best and most overlooked games on the system.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I have one that I'm curious about. Galleon on the Xbox 1, published by Atlus. One of the best and most overlooked games on the system.[/quote]

It's been awhile since numbers were given out so I wouldn't expect them.

As for Galleon being one of the best Xbox games, I will disagree on that. The control was horrid.

[quote name='Rozz']It's strange that Dynasty Warriors 3 never went Greatest Hits despite selling that many copies.

Also, I think that maybe a reference database should be posted on the original post so the same titles don't get mixed in again, and if you're ever curious you can just take a look at the main page to see how much certain titles sold...[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge none of the Dynasty Warrios games (or even any of the other "Warriors" games for that matter) have ever gone GH. Given that the series puts out a new game nearly every year , it's probably like madden where most people are not gonna buy one of the older ones if a newer one is already available.

As for the reference database of the NPD numbers , not to sound rude , but it's been mentioned by roland and several others in this thread that the NPD numbers that have been givin out in this thread are not really supposed to be available to the public and roland could get in trouble if the NPD found out. That's why a complete numbers list hasn't been compiled in the OP at this point. This question has come up several times before that's why I'm bringing it up.

It was just announced that Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games just sold 5 million, and i want to see if there's any truth to that. Details?

[quote name='the_punisher']It was just announced that Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games just sold 5 million, and i want to see if there's any truth to that. Details?[/QUOTE]

Worldwide? Most likely it was 5 million shipped not sold.

While it's true that it's probably shipped, and worldwide, doesn't it sadden you just a little that Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm, the two best-selling games on the ps3 selling around 5 million worldwide, is equal to, and let me break this down, MARIO!!! and SONIC!!! at the OLYMPIC GAMES!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='StarKnightX']To my knowledge none of the Dynasty Warrios games (or even any of the other "Warriors" games for that matter) have ever gone GH. Given that the series puts out a new game nearly every year , it's probably like madden where most people are not gonna buy one of the older ones if a newer one is already available.

As for the reference database of the NPD numbers , not to sound rude , but it's been mentioned by roland and several others in this thread that the NPD numbers that have been givin out in this thread are not really supposed to be available to the public and roland could get in trouble if the NPD found out. That's why a complete numbers list hasn't been compiled in the OP at this point. This question has come up several times before that's why I'm bringing it up.[/quote]

Actually, Dynasty Warriors 4 on PS2 DID go Greatest Hits.

And I think the NPD Group has the ability to find out the numbers individually. ;)

[quote name='the_punisher']While it's true that it's probably shipped, and worldwide, doesn't it sadden you just a little that Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm, the two best-selling games on the ps3 selling around 5 million worldwide, is equal to, and let me break this down, MARIO!!! and SONIC!!! at the OLYMPIC GAMES!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Doesn't really bother me that much , shipped still isn't the same as sold. It would be not at all surprising to know that Mario and Sonic shipped that many copies given the licenses. Not to mention that two PS3 games selling 5 million copies each should still be comended. Now if somehow it does turn out that Mario and Sonic sold 5 million copies (worldwide or not) in the mere 5 months that it was out (also factoring in whether it was Wii only or both Wii and DS versions) , then I'll agree with you.

[quote name='Rozz']Actually, Dynasty Warriors 4 on PS2 DID go Greatest Hits.

And I think the NPD Group has the ability to find out the numbers individually. ;)[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize that DW4 did go GH.

Also have no idea how to respond to the other part of your message.

That's why i'm waiting for the NPD results. I agree that both Motorstorm and Resistance should be commended, it just kind of makes me sad as a gamer that two amazing games sell about equal to a crappy, based-on-the-license title.

[quote name='schuerm26']As for Galleon being one of the best Xbox games, I will disagree on that. The control was horrid.[/QUOTE]

Noooo, you see, the control was the best thing about it. No offense, but I guess you just didn't know how to play it properly.

[quote name='the_punisher']While it's true that it's probably shipped, and worldwide, doesn't it sadden you just a little that Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm, the two best-selling games on the ps3 selling around 5 million worldwide, is equal to, and let me break this down, MARIO!!! and SONIC!!! at the OLYMPIC GAMES!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Why would that sadden anyone?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Noooo, you see, the control was the best thing about it. No offense, but I guess you just didn't know how to play it properly.

Why would that sadden anyone?[/quote]

How exactly do you play it properly? What was your trick to make the guy seem a little bit less drunk? A gamestop here has it. Im going to buy it today. Tell me how to play it properly so I can get some enjoyment out of it.

[quote name='schuerm26']How exactly do you play it properly? What was your trick to make the guy seem a little bit less drunk? A gamestop here has it. Im going to buy it today. Tell me how to play it properly so I can get some enjoyment out of it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so...have you ever played it?

[quote name='the_punisher']That's why i'm waiting for the NPD results. I agree that both Motorstorm and Resistance should be commended, it just kind of makes me sad as a gamer that two amazing games sell about equal to a crappy, based-on-the-license title.[/QUOTE]

Eh, you're talking about 2 titles on a console with the lowest install base, both new franchises (and only one a pack-in, if those are counted in NPD), to a title on not only two consoles, but the 2 biggest selling consoles this generation, and a title with two of the most popular and recognizable game characters of the past 20 years.

There's really no comparison at all, IMO. I'd just be amazed that those two PS3 titles sold that well.

M&S is at 5 million shipped/sold/whatever worldwide for the Wii and DS versions combined.

NPD numbers for Lost Odyssey and the like won't be out for another week-plus. But unless it did exceptionally well or roland is able/wants to give us numbers again, we probably won't hear about it.

Hey everyone,

I apologize for not updating this sooner. I wasn't able to get the January numbers for some reason. My fingers are crossed I can get the February numbers when they come out (this week?). Don't want to leave you hanging, but I'm fighting for them. Of course, this is the first time I haven't been able to get them. I'll start posting as soon as they show up.

On another note, my WiiWare game has been announced as part of the Japanese WiiWare launch. We're really excited...of the 9 games, we have the only non-Japanese developed title. It's coming to the US and Europe launches as well, though with a different title.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/wiiware/wbwj/index.html

Now, I know it looks like a kiddy game. But with 40MBs to work with, we stuffed this thing with gameplay. And it's addictive as hell. All of our playtesters (from their teens to into their 30's) not be able to stop. It's always "just one more level". Wives and girlfriends too. I'm ridiculously excited.

So, to sum up. NPD numbers as soon as I can. I miss updating this thread. And frankly, I miss the numbers.

Word Puzzle Mojipittan Wii?

I'm only guessing it's that one as the link is blocked at work.

Congrats!
I'd feel pretty good too about being the only non-Japanese dev with a game available. :)

[quote name='dallow']Word Puzzle Mojipittan Wii?

I'm only guessing it's that one as the link is blocked at work.

Congrats!
I'd feel pretty good too about being the only non-Japanese dev with a game available. :)[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's pretty funny. Who woulda though there'd be a ping pong game AND a mohjong game at the Japanese WiiWare launch? /sarcasm.

Our game is translated to Saku Saku Animal Panic, which is kinda nuts. The US name hasn't been confirmed yet, but it'll be, um, slightly less Japanese.

[quote name='roland13x']Our game is translated to Saku Saku Animal Panic, which is kinda nuts. The US name hasn't been confirmed yet, but it'll be, um, slightly less Japanese.[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty cool. Can't entirely make out what going on, but I dig the art.

[quote name='mykevermin']Eh, you're talking about 2 titles on a console with the lowest install base, both new franchises (and only one a pack-in, if those are counted in NPD), to a title on not only two consoles, but the 2 biggest selling consoles this generation, and a title with two of the most popular and recognizable game characters of the past 20 years.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, somehow I can't bring myself to feel like Resistance is some kind of dark horse underdog in this scenario.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's really no comparison at all, IMO. I'd just be amazed that those two PS3 titles sold that well.[/QUOTE]

Did they? The numbers from earlier seem to indicate they'd be quite a bit lower, unless Japan suddenly became full of rabid FPS fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back