MegoW64

CAGiversary!
Let me just start out by saying that I in no means find myself to be a liar, but sometimes certain events happen in our life where we find ourselves having to tell a small fib.

Anyway, with that out of the way let me back this story up to this past Thursday - A good friend of mine was visiting from out of town for one day only and I really wanted to hang out with him, so being a delivery driver I called out of work saying that the serpentine belt in my car had gone out and I couldn't drive. My devious planned worked and I was able to enjoy my newly found day off with my buddy.

Then yesterday started out like another Saturday - busy as hell

I was on my way back to the store after dropping off one final delivery when suddenly I heard a crackling noise from under my car and my battery light suddenly turned on and my power steering was gone. Thankfully I was right in front of an Advanced Auto Parts when it happened and was able to steer into there...after one of the guys came outside he was able to tell the problem right away.

My serpentine belt had snapped.

Not only had my had my belt snapped but one of my pulleys was loose and had to be fixed or it would keep snapping my belt...it's going to cost over $300 to get fixed.

If this isn't a case of good old fashion karma, then I don't know what it is.

Anything like this ever happen to anyone else?

I once used my classic "I can't come to work because I got the shits" excuse and then later that night I had some oysters and then, you guessed it, I actually got the shits.

[quote name='MegoW64']Not only had my had my belt snapped but one of my pulleys was loose and had to be fixed or it would keep snapping my belt...it's going to cost over $300 to get fixed.
[/quote]
$300 for a belt and pulley? You got fleeced.

earl.JPG

Don't insult the karma!

I don't get karma though. Karma is something bad happening to you because you did something bad. Well, what if the thing you did that was bad was going for someone elses karma, so you are the one dealing out the karma to the person that previously did something bad. . . *head explodes*

What if your boss called in saying he had car troubles the day before? So his karma would be losing one of his workers the next day! Thus resulting in you not doing anything bad, but dealing out your bosses karma load all over his karma face.

*body explodes*

I almost never talked about people's backs at any point in my life, but when I was younger and I occasionally did do this, that person would always be right around me. They usually wouldn't hear what I said, thank god, but it was just this unpleasant reminder that they very well could could have. And I mean ANY TIME. One particular incident some friends and I were talking about a teacher we didn't like at a burger king and guess who was at BK at that time...XD

It wasn't even necessarily bad things that had to be said, either. I could be praising people at times and they'd still be right behind me whenever I talked about them. The most embarrassing I can recall was when I was talking about this girl I really liked and she was right behind me and she heard me. She gave me this sympathy smile. I visibly winced. It's really eerie...and happened pretty much whenever I did this. Luckily it was only like 3-4 times a year in my later middle school/early hs years. Ever since then, I only type behind peoples' backs XD.

Yup.
I have bad asthma, and when I was younger I discovered that my mom was a nervous wreck with me. So all I had to do was cough and she'd give me anything I wanted. One day, I didn't want to go to school (third grade) and I pretended to have an asthma attack and stay home.

A week later (maybe 10 days or so) I started to feel sick. I was in the hospital for 7 days with a collapsed lung :(

bread's done
Back