Katamari Forever (PS3) $35 after coupon at Amazon ($39.99 - $5 coupon)

Tengaport

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Use coupon code AMZNKATA

:ps3: Katamari Forever $34.99 after coupon

Via the King of all the Cosmos himself: (via twitter @KingOfTheCosmos)

http://www.katamariforever.com/roll
- Sign up, invite your stupid friends, roll them up and get $5 off of 'Katamari Forever' on Amazon.com.

Not sure if you actually have to 'roll up' your friends to get the code - but for those who are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn the email method didn't work either. CSR said it costs $4.49 to return so if I were to re-order I'd only save a few dollars. Oh well the original deal was better than buying in-store anyway.

[quote name='shuhbonkboo']Darn the email method didn't work either. CSR said it costs $4.49 to return so if I were to re-order I'd only save a few dollars. Oh well the original deal was better than buying in-store anyway.[/QUOTE]

Just refuse the delivery. They can't charge you if you refuse it.

Oh well, that makes my decision easier. It might go back down, but now it's a matter of when the coupon expires.

[quote name='shuhbonkboo']Darn the email method didn't work either. CSR said it costs $4.49 to return so if I were to re-order I'd only save a few dollars. Oh well the original deal was better than buying in-store anyway.[/QUOTE]It's only $4.49 if you use their shipping label, which is media mail shipping. You could save a buck or two if you did the postage on your own, which is what I do if I have to return something to them. Or:

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Just refuse the delivery. They can't charge you if you refuse it.[/QUOTE]That certainly works, since they'll auto-process it for return if refused for delivery.

[quote name='eau']Damnit. Amazon bumped the price back to $46.99.[/QUOTE]Well, that's a little annoying.

Well crap, another deal I had to have missed on Cag after missing out on the Gears of War 2 sale at BB.

I hope it goes down again, but it's sounding like for a little while at least it will not :( .

Well, procrastination saved me money for now although I get no game.
There's always another potential drop in the future.

yea, 46.99 again. but with the ECA code and this promo, i got it anyways. still a good deal.

The game has a lot of hours given how short some of the levels can be. If you're a fan of the series, I'd say it's worth the price even if it's not currently on sale.

After playing the demo, I have to say I'm really not thrilled with the filter they've thrown over the graphics, not that it looks bad.

Still seems fun though, and I'll pick it up sooner or later I guess.

[quote name='Wolfpup']After playing the demo, I have to say I'm really not thrilled with the filter they've thrown over the graphics, not that it looks bad.

Still seems fun though, and I'll pick it up sooner or later I guess.[/QUOTE]

Note that at a certain point you can choose which filter to use including "normal" mode. Normal mode looks fantastic in 1080p.

Oh, that's cool! That's probably what I'd like best. Didn't realize it supported 1080p! (Well, obviously, since almost nothing does.) That has to look fantastic!

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='io']Note that at a certain point you can choose which filter to use including "normal" mode. Normal mode looks fantastic in 1080p.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was gonna say, there IS still the normal mode.

So wait, the deal is back on at the old price?! hmmm, I dunno, tempting, might have to jump on that one.

[quote name='no_exit']Dropped down to $39.99 again and the AMZNKATA code is still active to take another $5 off.[/QUOTE]

Since it dropped again, I went ahead and ordered it.

I ordered it. I'm still hating the non-eca codes. I blame the people that abuse the system.
edit: My friend got me a old eca code. I got it for ~$22.76.

Last edited by a moderator:
Held off the first time it was offered. Couldn't hold off now. I figured it was meant to be.

Buy it! I got it when it was $46.99 with no $5 off code. They did eventually reimburse me for the $5 but not for the price drop right after release. It was well worth whatever high price I paid for it though ;).

I'm still working on the complete collection (and platinum trophy) which extends the gameplay greatly. It's on hold right now for Demon's Souls but I'll get back to it.

Ordered this the first time it went down to $39.99 with all of the discounts. Definitely worth it. I didn't think I'd actually put as much time in this game as I did this week. I have Katamari Damacy for the PS2, but I don't think I've ever played it as I bought it as a filler item for free shipping before I got prime. I feel like I was missing out all this time...

Well, once I get home on Friday, I think this game will be put down in favor of Demon's Souls... but until then...

thanks, used the $5 coupon for the $80/$40 amazon promotion... The $5 coupon puts my order under $80, but that should be fine since it's the total of my order that counts (which is $82)....

bread's done
Back