Katamari Forever (PS3) Used $29.99 (B&M) Before Edge

Hate to rain on your parade, but it's been $29.99 from Amazon for awhile now and from other third party vendors that are fullfilled by Amazon.

Anyways, here's a picture of a cat.

fail.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0028A6UUY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']Hate to rain on your parade, but it's been $29.99 from Amazon for awhile now and from other third party vendors that are fullfilled by Amazon.

Anyways, here's a picture of a cat.

fail.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0028A6UUY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new [/QUOTE]

Poor kitty. When my dog had one of those collars on for a bit we had to hand feed her cuz she would just end up messing up her fur while trying to get some of her dog food. :cry:

I've been waiting for Katamari to drop for ages. It has hit $29.99 from time to time, but just an hour ago Amazon finally dropped the MSRP to be listed as $29.99 for the first time, so I'm expecting Gamestop and other web sites will reflect the new MSRP soon. And then, FINALLY I can get it for my price point of $19.99 New (using my $10 code from 3DDGH).

Ditto on the "waiting for ages." I've been stalking Katamari Forever... forever to drop. Been $45 gamestop used in B&M, $50 new, $35 + s&h at non-fullfilled by Amazon vendors. I finally gave up and this weekend won an ebay auction for $27, but if I had known about the impending price drop (guessing Greatest Hits version coming) I might have waited for the inevitable $20 sale.

Poor animals... LOL. My dog has one of those on right now and he can eat fine. Kibble though, dunno if your dog eats wet food.

On a relevant note, I too have been interested in this game for ages! Thanks OP!

bout freakin' time......this game was selling above $30 for quite some time.....i might bite at this price....thx op

For anyone who hasn't played it, it is the worst version yet (except for maybe the psp version). Most of the stages are recycled (badly) from previous games. VERY lazy on their part.

[quote name='mietha']For anyone who hasn't played it, it is the worst version yet (except for maybe the psp version). Most of the stages are recycled (badly) from previous games. VERY lazy on their part.[/QUOTE]
If someone like me only played the first and enjoyed it, would it still be "bad" because of the recycled levels? Can you explain more on what is bad about them? I was interested to pick this up because I liked the first and havent played any Katamari game in years.

Thanks

[quote name='mietha']For anyone who hasn't played it, it is the worst version yet (except for maybe the psp version). Most of the stages are recycled (badly) from previous games. VERY lazy on their part.[/QUOTE]
Worst? seriously?

It has HD versions of classic levels with various new visual styles, music and play modes, and that's a BAD thing? mmmkay.

I'd say it is the definitive Katamari game. My old ones never get played anymore because most of the good levels are on Katamri Forever in HD.

I disagree with this completely... while it is essentially a "Greatest Hits" collection of previous levels, it's certainly a nice collection. Additionally, it does - finally - provide a real HD upgrade over the previous titles, which is something that Beautiful Katamari failed to do.

[quote name='zenintrude']I disagree with this completely... while it is essentially a "Greatest Hits" collection of previous levels, it's certainly a nice collection. Additionally, it does - finally - provide a real HD upgrade over the previous titles, which is something that Beautiful Katamari failed to do.[/QUOTE]
Beautiful Katamari is the worst version by far.

The offset 360 analog sticks are terrible for Katamari. The PSP version has better control, seriously.

[quote name='seanmcc']Beautiful Katamari is the worst version by far.

The offset 360 analog sticks are terrible for Katamari. The PSP version has better control, seriously.[/QUOTE]

This x 1,000,000

Once I saw this thread, I immediately started to hum the signature song! I think I may just pick this up new on Amazon for $29.99 today. Been waiting for too long for my Katamari fix (only played the first one).

Okay so even though no one answered my question directly, it looks like 5 to 1 says this is a good Katamari game and worth the $30?

The original was awesome. Each time a new version has come out I have been filled with anticipation and then horribly disappointed. I'll agree that Beautiful was the ultimate low point of the series. Although IMO the only ones worth buying are the original and Forever. If you are new to the series, either just buy Forever and be happy, or else buy the original and Forever. Don't even bother with the rest.

[quote name='wrencrest']Okay so even though no one answered my question directly, it looks like 5 to 1 says this is a good Katamari game and worth the $30?[/QUOTE]

Probably, if you love the Katamari games. I've had a craving to play one now for awhile. I don't know which to get...one of the old ones or one of these newer ones with trophy/achievement support...

[quote name='mr_bungle']Probably, if you love the Katamari games. I've had a craving to play one now for awhile. I don't know which to get...one of the old ones or one of these newer ones with trophy/achievement support...[/QUOTE]
The last post pretty much nailed it.

Either just get this, or get this and the original. (Katamari Damacy - PS2)

[quote name='NipPicker']damn it. i bought it on release and it still sealed[/QUOTE]
You will learn...rarely good to buy on release anymore. Unless you want some special edition or whatever giveaway. Crazy times we live in now! :cool:

[quote name='wrencrest']You will learn...rarely good to buy on release anymore. Unless you want some special edition or whatever giveaway. Crazy times we live in now! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Or unless you actually wanna play it..I bought Red Dead on release and I should've waited...bought into the hype (well that an the $20 amazon credit). But most new releases I buy it's for a reason.

bread's done
Back