Katamri Damacy - PS2 $4.95 @ amazon 1PM pst (expired, back to $9.99)

Steal if you somehow don't already own/haven't played this. It's as good as any of them (well...except I haven't played Beautiful yet beyond the demo, but it sounds like that's kind of cheap and tries to sell you parts of the game...)

Was this reprinted or something? I was in K-Mart today and saw about a dozen of them on the shelf. I haven't seen this game in some time. Weird.

This one shall be mine; I've been waiting all day to add it to my cart so I can finalize my order along with Crisis Core and that $100 TomTom (gift).

The Lightning Deals actually don't seem to be selling very quickly today. I don't know how many copies of Katamari will be available, but if Okami could only sell half of its allotment over an hour, I don't think snagging Katamari will be a problem.

I've heard too many good things about this game to pass it up for $4.95. So, get your clicking fingers ready, boys, and make sure you all grab this one! This type of pricing is what being a cheap ass gamer is all about. Dig in and enjoy yourself a bit. If not for you, then for a stocking stuffer. Go, Amazon!!! :applause:

Sweetness for $5, shame I can't combine it with another order to minimize the number of packages I receive (when I try it removes the lightening deal bonus)...

[quote name='Javil']Just snagged one as a gift. I loved this game.[/quote]
Same here. This is just one of those games that everyone should try.

thanks OP!
icon_smile.gif

saved a lot today!

[quote name='bigl523']wtf, i can't add it to my cart at the right price....[/quote]
FYI, the Lightning Deal discount doesn't appear until the final checkout page, and it shows up in the order summary area. The price of the game itself will still show as $14.99 the whole time.

[quote name='prateeko']I believe you can add it to your cart and check out later today and still get that price...[/quote]

Not true. I tried that and missed out: the discount vanished in my cart at the same moment the deal became unavailable to everyone else.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Only 14% sold?! That's just sad. For less than $5, there's no excuse for not owning this game.[/quote]

Never played it, but if it's anything like the PSP version I wouldn't spend a dime on it. I played that one on my friend's PSP, and honestly I thought the whole thing was complete garbage.

Robber: The game is practically broken without dual analog stick control, hence the PSP mediocrity.

thepik: yes, it's still a steal at $10. Everyone was 100% happy paying $20 when it first came out, then it clearanced to $10 and the rest of us were 200% happy. If you had bought it for $5, you'd have been too happy, resulting in failure. $10 is the perfect price for this.

We Love Katamari is also good (the PS2 sequel), but not as special as the original. This is one of those unique games where nothing can top the original because it was perfect.

I haven't played the games in years, but I still listen to the soundtracks to this day to get my Katamari fix.

I snagged a copy from the lightning deal, but didn't order. Then it showed the price drop. When I went to check out, it showed $9.95 - $9.95 = $0. My e-mail also shows $0.00. If I were to get it for free, that would cheer me up a little bit. (My dog died today.)

[quote name='fidgeteer']Not true. I tried that and missed out: the discount vanished in my cart at the same moment the deal became unavailable to everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I had it in my cart and checked out about an hour later, and still got the discount. Remember, it doesn't really show up until the last page.

[quote name='Reira']I snagged a copy from the lightning deal, but didn't order. Then it showed the price drop. When I went to check out, it showed $9.95 - $9.95 = $0. My e-mail also shows $0.00. If I were to get it for free, that would cheer me up a little bit. (My dog died today.)[/quote]

wow sorry man...:cry:

[quote name='newlu']wow sorry man...:cry:[/quote]

Thank you. It was rather sudden. He had been barking a lot lately, but we thought it was at the wind/snow/etc. So maybe he was in pain and we didn't realize it. I hope he is at peace.

BTW, thanks for the laugh with "man." :lol: I needed that. But again, thanks for your sympathy.

And I still have Katamari Damacy for $0.00. Wish I would have kept Okami, though. I might have gotten it for $5.00. :bomb:

[quote name='Reira']Thank you. It was rather sudden. He had been barking a lot lately, but we thought it was at the wind/snow/etc. So maybe he was in pain and we didn't realize it. I hope he is at peace.

BTW, thanks for the laugh with "man." :lol: I needed that. But again, thanks for your sympathy.

And I still have Katamari Damacy for $0.00. Wish I would have kept Okami, though. I might have gotten it for $5.00. :bomb:[/quote]

I didn't even notice your name, my bad. :lol:

ya my dog died 5 years ago so I know exactly how you feel. :cry:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Only 14% sold?! That's just sad. For less than $5, there's no excuse for not owning this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised. Maybe it's just that most people already have it who can appreciate it?

[quote name='robber']Never played it, but if it's anything like the PSP version I wouldn't spend a dime on it. I played that one on my friend's PSP, and honestly I thought the whole thing was complete garbage.[/QUOTE]

Wow... well, the PSP version's controls are more frustrating since you have to use the buttons and d-pad, and it's pre-allowing-the-PSP-to-run-at-full-speed so there are a few shortcuts, but even still I thought that was a really good game...

[quote name='Reira']I snagged a copy from the lightning deal, but didn't order. Then it showed the price drop. When I went to check out, it showed $9.95 - $9.95 = $0. My e-mail also shows $0.00. If I were to get it for free, that would cheer me up a little bit. (My dog died today.)[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that :cry: :grouphug:

bread's done
Back