KB Toys Price Drops on DS games...check it out

Jedi1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
191 (100%)
May be YMMV

I just came from one of my local kbs and noticed a lot of price drops on DS games but i couldnt see the ones that were stacked

Advance Wars....$19.99
Need for Speed 2....$19.99
Scooby Doo...$19.99
Metroid Prime Pinball...$19.99
Goldeneye...$19.99
Pac N Roll - $19.99
Marvel Nemesis...$19.99
Trace Memory...$19.99
Puyo Pop fever...$9.99

and the best of all was

Meteos...$9.99:shock:

I did buy all 4 (call me a hoarder all you want but im not trying to profit from them only trying to trade for ds games i dont have) that they had since i wanted one and figured i could use the other 3 for trading for DS games that i need since i am working on getting them all...CML for the ones i need if you are interested in Meteos

i went and picked up 2 copies of Metroid Prime Pinball for anybody interested...Pm me...i will sell $23 shipped...19.99 + tax and shipping first class and confirmation. or i will trade them for DS games i dont have (METROIDS ARE GONE FOR NOW)

i also picked up 2 copies of puyo pop for trade

The 2 KB's by me, one is doing b1g1f and the other, which is closing, is doing 30% off all games. Im going by the one with the b1g1f to get a few ds games. The one closing had these for psp-
Nba showdown
Death jr?sp?
hot shots golf

picked up a trace memory for the first cag to pm me...$23 shipped First class and Confirmation through Paypal (cost + shipping + tax)....I only managed to get one unfortunately, hopefully somebody wants it;)

if anyone cares, Ill be going back to the one with the b1g1f for robots, harry potter goblet of fire, i think they still had shrek slam party?sp?

If anybody finds an extra copy of Meteos, I'd love to have it. I'd be glad to pay cost + shipping + expenses and junk. Thanks in advance.

Struck out on Meteos. :cry:

Oh well I just threw it in my Gamefly queue so hopefully they'll get me 2 DS rentals sent out in time for my somewhat long trip home for Xmas. ;)

Just went to my KB. I picked up Metroid Prime Pinball for $20. If anyone wants MPP or Advanced Wars (which they had but I didnt check the price, would imagine $20) I can pick it up and trade for Kirby: Canvas Curse. PM if interested.

I'm curious, when people say they're willing to buy a deal off another CAG member and they're willing to pay "standard extra" how much is standard?

[quote name='espy605']I'm curious, when people say they're willing to buy a deal off another CAG member and they're willing to pay "standard extra" how much is standard?[/QUOTE]

i dont recall seeing "standard extra" but i would figure its like this...standard equals the cost of the item(including tax and shipping) and the extra could be a little incentive to make somebody actually take the time to provide this item

[quote name='espy605']I'm curious, when people say they're willing to buy a deal off another CAG member and they're willing to pay "standard extra" how much is standard?[/QUOTE]

Cost of the item with tax, shipping fee (including packing materials like a bubble mailer), a Paypal fee (if applicable) and maybe a $1 or $2 extra.

Of course you gotta factor in who it is that wants it and decide wether or not to help. Several times Ive picked up stuff for someone and either they-

A) Never reply when you get it and when they do they got it cheaper somewhere else
or
B) They never return the favor when you try getting a little help from them.

There is only one KB still in town...30 minutes from my house. Went there a few weeks ago and they had no sales on video games other than the normal bargain $15-20 Gameboy titles everybody has. Maybe I'll call them and see if they have any DS games on sale instead of driving this time.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Sears pricematched my receipt from KB and also took $1.50 off the price so I got a Metroid Pinball for $18.49.[/QUOTE]

For those not in the know, Sears will pricematch and take another 10% of the difference off if you have a reciept or sales flyer.

[quote name='espy605']Thanks for the input, although I'm afraid of the scenario Stink Pickle described.[/QUOTE]

Dont get me wrong, not everyone is like that. Just dont be suprised if it does happen. People are extra nice to you when you have what they want or when you can get what they want.

I stopped by KB Toys at Woodbridge Mall on Saturday...the guy (manager) was standing by a register, I went up to him and said "Excuse me, can you tell me if you have a Nintendo DS game...." I didn't even finish my sentence and he replied, "No." and walked away from me. Didn't even bother to look at me when I was talking to him!

[quote name='yuy104']I stopped by KB Toys at Woodbridge Mall on Saturday...the guy (manager) was standing by a register, I went up to him and said "Excuse me, can you tell me if you have a Nintendo DS game...." I didn't even finish my sentence and he replied, "No." and walked away from me. Didn't even bother to look at me when I was talking to him![/QUOTE]

KB is the seedy underbelly of toy stores.

[quote name='alpo845']can someone scan a meteos or kirby receipt?[/QUOTE]

I hear that, for those of you lucky enough to find these games how about scanning your receipts so we can try and price match these somewhere. I'm looking for meteos, advance wars, and trace memory scans if anyone has the time.

KB is like any other retail chain. Its hit or miss with the service. I remember one Funcoland in NJ that I was in the the guys behind the counter were having a conversation and they must have dropped 5-6 F Bombs with customers in the store.

Picked up Meteos and Puyo Pop Fever, thanks. Now I just have to convince myself that they're not the same game! lol

I'd be interested in Advance Wars or Trace Memory if anyone has an extra I will pay costs+shipping+a little something extra for the gas etc..

I didn't see this in the thread, but then again, I didn't look too hard...

Is the B1G1 free still going on with KB, and if so, do these discounted DS games stack with that?

I would think the games would be part of the B1G1 because games like Kirby, Pac N Roll and Marvel were $20 even when the B1G1 started (picked up 2 copies of Kirby for $20 total, keeping 1 and giving the other to a friend next week for a present) and since it is on all games, everything even the new markdowns should be included. I think it will be impossible to find most of the games at a store doing the B1G1 free though since every KB I have been to with the B1G1 is basically wiped out of anything except junk like GBA videos.

[quote name='yuy104']I stopped by KB Toys at Woodbridge Mall on Saturday...the guy (manager) was standing by a register, I went up to him and said "Excuse me, can you tell me if you have a Nintendo DS game...." I didn't even finish my sentence and he replied, "No." and walked away from me. Didn't even bother to look at me when I was talking to him![/QUOTE]

A rude sales clerk in Woodbridge Mall? Surely you jest? (Heavily sarcastic).

Grabbed a Metroid Pinball @ the KB on Route 46 in West Paterson NJ. There were 3 left in the case if anyone wants one. I didn't see a Meteos though. Thanks OP!

The KB in Barton Creek Mall Austin Tx had some ds games in their 30% off bin. I dug up a meteos and thought 9.99 plus 30% off and wanted to double check the price. It rang up 20.99 with the 30% off. They had several PSP games left like Death Jr, Nba Showdown, Hot Shots Golf, and a few others but those were all 20.99 with the 30% off. Ill wait till closer of a closing date and see if they take more off.

I knew I didn't trust the clerks at my local KB. Stopped by again today and not only were the clerks working at the time nice + knowledgeable but LO AND BEHOLD I get the last copy of Advacne Wars DS after it was supposedly sold out a few days ago. Considering it probably wasn't a new shipment since the games are on clearence, it just goes to show how clueless the other clerks were. (Though there is some SLIM chance they could have come across another copy as the store is small and has little room for storage) Thanks again OP.

Went to three KB Toys and was able to get:

Metroid Prime Pinball - $19.99
Trace Memory - $19.99
Meteos - $9.99

Going back today to see if the deal is still on to get Advance Wars and Kirby Canvas Curse.

Update: this deal is still on!! Here is my list of games I am willing to trade and for what games. Sorry I can only trade in person. Reply ASAP!!

From the KB Toys DS Deal: Just brought extra copies of Meteos ($9.99), Metroid Prime Pinball ($19.99) and Trace Memory (19.99). I am looking for Advance Wars 2 and Kirby Canvas Curse.

From Game Rush, Target, and TRU $9.99 Deals:
I have Halo 2 ($9.99), Need For Speed Underground 2 ($19.99) and Need For Speed Underground 2 ($9.99). I am looking for Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA), Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA), Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA), Metal Slug Advance (GBA), Mario Party 4 & 5 (GCN), Resident Evil 4 (GCN), Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow (GCN), Star Fox Adventures (GCN), Need For Speed Underground 2 (PS2), Metal Solid 3 with DVD (PS2).

[quote name='loserkid']I went to the one in Huntington about a week ago, and they had absolutely nothing lol.
Where is the one in Charleston? The Kanawah Mall?[/QUOTE]

Aye. Kanawha Mall.

Sad to said but if I can't trade then I will return the games back. So I am hoping some deal can be arranged.

bread's done
Back