kbtoys B&M metal gear solid 3 $19.99

if anyone in the missouri area can get me a copy, i would appreciate it. actually i dont care where you are.
thanks

We should really ban the people who feel in neccessary to leak deals to resellers like fatwallet. We have enough trouble with resellers in our own huge memberbase, no reason we should have to compete with even more.

[quote name='mntdewzee']if anyone in the missouri area can get me a copy, i would appreciate it. actually i dont care where you are.
thanks[/quote]

If you're talking about the St. Louis area, there were only three KBToys stores by the beginning of the week.

The Mid Rivers Mall store closed this week. The Chesterfield Mall store is closing on Saturday, and has no copies. The St. Louis Mills store doesn't have it, though they're not closing.

There's one more store in Warrenton, though that seemed like a bit of a drive to me for finding this.

Beyond the St. Louis area, I wouldn't have a clue about the other stores.

[quote name='EndlessChris']We should really ban the people who feel in neccessary to leak deals to resellers like fatwallet. We have enough trouble with resellers in our own huge memberbase, no reason we should have to compete with even more.[/quote]

We should cover them in honey and strap them to the side of a fire ant hill.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='EndlessChris']We should really ban the people who feel in neccessary to leak deals to resellers like fatwallet. We have enough trouble with resellers in our own huge memberbase, no reason we should have to compete with even more.[/quote]

We should cover them in honey and strap them to the side of a fire ant hill.[/quote]

We should cruicify leakersand call it the "Passion of the CAG" :p

[quote name='DenisDFat']MGS 3 bombs

Kojima cry.

Hopefully there's never a stealth game ever made agaiun.[/quote]

Hopefully someone will take you out back like Old Yeller

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='onikage']Called my store and it's $19.99, I'm going to get one now, thanks to the OP.[/quote]

you going to the one in Cary?[/quote]

I can't make it there tonight, but I have someone going to the store in Durham at Southpoint and the store in Cary on Walnut Street tomorrow morning.

If he doesn't let you know one way or another sometime tonight I'll be sure to report back as soon as I hear anything. Unfortunately I can't pick up multiples for anyone since i'm not going myself, but i'll be sure to pass on what I find out.

[quote name='Ronz'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='onikage']Called my store and it's $19.99, I'm going to get one now, thanks to the OP.[/quote]

you going to the one in Cary?[/quote]

I can't make it there tonight, but I have someone going to the store in Durham at Southpoint and the store in Cary on Walnut Street tomorrow morning.

If he doesn't let you know one way or another sometime tonight I'll be sure to report back as soon as I hear anything. Unfortunately I can't pick up multiples for anyone since i'm not going myself, but i'll be sure to pass on what I find out.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I already have a copy, and was only looking to pick one up for CAGs on the way home from class tomorrow

[quote name='peteyrose']My store had over 10 copies and I would ordinarily pick them up for people who wanted them, but I'm flying back to college soon and won't have time to mail them out. :(

It's the Arcadia, CA store though if you want to check it out. Many copies there.[/quote]

Thanks, I'm going there now...

[quote name='bluekeith75']i just checked ebay and metroid 2 sells for 20-30 and snake mgs3 sells for 20-25. so why is this such a great deal?[/quote]

well ebay isn't a store

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='DenisDFat']MGS 3 bombs

Kojima cry.

Hopefully there's never a stealth game ever made agaiun.[/quote]

Hopefully someone will take you out back like Old Yeller[/quote] :rofl:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='EndlessChris']We should really ban the people who feel in neccessary to leak deals to resellers like fatwallet. We have enough trouble with resellers in our own huge memberbase, no reason we should have to compete with even more.[/quote]

We should cover them in honey and strap them to the side of a fire ant hill.[/quote]

We should cruicify leakersand call it the "Passion of the CAG" :p[/quote]

We should make them beat Shaq-fu.

It sucks that all of the KBToys have closed here in Kansas City. Oh well, I guess I could wait until it becomes a greatest hit, I haven't even gotten around to the second one yet. But what sucks even more is that this deal was leaked to fatwallet.

[quote name='bluekeith75']i just checked ebay and metroid 2 sells for 20-30 and snake mgs3 sells for 20-25. so why is this such a great deal?[/quote]

:joystick: Because, you knob, its MGS 3! Don't even think that this game is dropping below 40 for at least the next 8 months! This is Gear, man!

You don't diminish Kojima by bringing down the ARP on the game.

Well, except for maybe Z.O.E., but we won't talk about that.

This is an A-list game. Start to finish.

Therefore, you need to get your ass in Gear.

Literally. :twoguns:

Ok, just confirmed that my KB toys had MGS3, clerk was very suprised. I asked him how much it was and he was like "Oh I'm pretty sure they are $49.99" he scans it and is like, "OH! 19.99." I get paid tomorrow so if anyone might need a copy I might be able to grab some.

[quote name='SleazyC']Ok, just confirmed that my KB toys had MGS3, clerk was very suprised. I asked him how much it was and he was like "Oh I'm pretty sure they are $49.99" he scans it and is like, "OH! 19.99." I get paid tomorrow so if anyone might need a copy I might be able to grab some.[/quote]
I'd take an extra if you don't mind.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='mntdewzee']if anyone in the missouri area can get me a copy, i would appreciate it. actually i dont care where you are.
thanks[/quote]

If you're talking about the St. Louis area, there were only three KBToys stores by the beginning of the week.

Beyond the St. Louis area, I wouldn't have a clue about the other stores.[/quote]

I live in Springfield. There's a KB in the mall but i think its almost empty if not closed completely. On the KB site, theres one in Branson, but i dont have time to go there and get it.

Again, if anyone can get me one, i would appreciate it.

I just got 3 copies of MGS3 from the Arcadia, CA KBToys (they still got plenty left, so go there if you can). I'm willing to help out 2 CAGers who are unfortunate from this thread only **both gone**

wow i just called and they have 4 copies left in SD, Cali

yup it is $19.99 i hope to pick one up later on if i can

Hah, right when i decide to put my foot down and not buy any more games for a while. this happens. Thanks OP. Awesome find. Its was worth all the traffic and the extra long drive. There were about 3 more copies left in Glendale, CA if anyones out there.

I just called my local KBToys (Sterling Heights, MI), they said $29.99. Maybe they didn't scan it tho.. so I might stop by there tommorrow just to make sure.

thank you OP! I have been meaning to get this game for a while, and you saved me 20-30 bucks. There are some copies left in Tuscaloosa, AL, if there is anyone on here from there.

Because:

a. Most of those are used copies
b. You have to add extortionate shipping costs of $5-$6 to those prices, maybe sales tax as well.
c. Chance you might get ripped off, or get a scratched disc, no manual, etc.

[quote name='Si1veR']The KB Toys in Montclair and Ontario were both OOS :cry: . They don't know when they're getting more in stock.[/quote]
Dammit!!!! Where else are KB Toys anyways?
I was going to go to Ontario....
I can't think of any more in the IE :(

[quote name='FOnewearl']Thanks I Priced Matched this one at CC Since I had a Gift Card for CC sweet deal on a A-list game that's only about 2-3 months old :)[/quote]

how did u do that ?

[quote name='smellhasreturned'][quote name='FOnewearl']Thanks I Priced Matched this one at CC Since I had a Gift Card for CC sweet deal on a A-list game that's only about 2-3 months old :)[/quote]

how did u do that ?[/quote]

1 I went over to KB Toys to have them check the price to make sure it was $19.99 at my KB Toys.

2 I went over to Circuit City & told the clerk that they had it at KB Toys for that price they checked online to see it was still $49.99 then called & found out it was $19.99 B&M & did the 110% Price Match to make it $16.99

I wasen't worried about a lazy bum saying it's $49.99 at KB Toys as the guy that helped me was the manager & I figured chances were he would be the one awnsering the phone & knew the right price since he just checked the price on it about an hour before :)

Also if this dosen't work for you smellhasreturned It's not my fault!

[quote name='mntdewzee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='mntdewzee']if anyone in the missouri area can get me a copy, i would appreciate it. actually i dont care where you are.
thanks[/quote]

Beyond the St. Louis area, I wouldn't have a clue about the other stores.[/quote]

I live in Springfield. There's a KB in the mall but i think its almost empty if not closed completely. On the KB site, theres one in Branson, but i dont have time to go there and get it.

Again, if anyone can get me one, i would appreciate it.[/quote]

Cool, another MO CAG, but another one outside the St. Louis area.

Thanks a bunch, OP! Local store just confirmed the drop...and the fact that they're closed. D'oh! Oh well, headed over there tomorrow to procure a copy and maybe an extra or two for some fellow CAGs. Note I said I'll TRY, if there's a bunch, but I make no guarantees.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']The closest one to me, Burlington WA, does not have any in-stock. ;_; Oh well, it was just gonna be eBay fodder anyways. ^_~[/quote]
It's ppl like you who give CAG a bad name, and reputation. CAG isn't for your profiting needs, CAG is for those who truly want the game or are collectors. At least that is my feelings about fleabay ppl like yourself.

[quote name='Dijital'][quote name='wannabepunktony']The closest one to me, Burlington WA, does not have any in-stock. ;_; Oh well, it was just gonna be eBay fodder anyways. ^_~[/quote]
It's ppl like you who give CAG a bad name, and reputation. CAG isn't for your profiting needs, CAG is for those who truly want the game or are collectors. At least that is my feelings about fleabay ppl like yourself.[/quote]

:applause:

the most youd make off ebay is about $5

$20.00 for the game
$1.50 for tax
$?.?? gor gas to the store and post office
$?.?? time in transit
$1.00 envelope for shipping
$2.00 first class shipping
$1.50 paypal fee
$1.00 ebay listing and ending fee
--------------------------------------
$27.00 plus gas and time (roughly $30.00)

most ebay auctions end around 30, and if you are honest, youll charge $2 for shipping. most people arnt honest, so id imagine youd charge $5

so you stand to make about $5 on the game...really sounds worth it to me... :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='damack']This is confirmed in Syracuse, NY. I PM'd it at Best Buy though - for the Reward Zone points.[/quote]

How'd you manage to PM it? It's not in print anywhere.[/quote]

Because it wasn't a sale and was the regular price, the cashier called KB (all of about 4 stores down in the same mall) to check the pricing.

bread's done
Back