keep getting pranks on my cell phone..help :(

greydemise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
hmm as the topic says, ive been getting annoying prank calls from these girls, i have a vague idea of who they are, but i dont have their number or anything, they call from a "Restricted" number (aka dialing in *67) and i wanna get them in some trouble..
oh yea, the pranks suck too!!
any advice :(? im thinkin of calling my local priecent tommorow..anyone ever dealt with this kind of thing? any ideas?

-feel free to share stories too :)!

I think there is a way to block certain incoming calls, I don't know if its a special service and you would have to pay extra for it.

[quote name='maddfrog']I think there is a way to block certain incoming calls, I don't know if its a special service and you would have to pay extra for it.[/QUOTE]
If its a newer phone, you can add a certain ringer to "Private" calls. When you hear that ringer, dont answer.

wherein lies the problem, id love to just not answer, but some of my friends call from private lines too ..although its very rare..anywho...if it was a once in a blue moon thing..id shrug it off and laugh at it...but it got to the point where its just annoying and not funny anymore, so..id like to teach the bitches a lesson.. think ill call the police tommorow
-one time when they called, i interupted them saying that i had called the cops and they all flipped out and started arguing amongst themselves and then hung up..so i'd like to do the real thing :)

[quote name='greydemise']hmm as the topic says, ive been getting annoying prank calls from these girls, i have a vague idea of who they are, but i dont have their number or anything, they call from a "Restricted" number (aka dialing in *67) and i wanna get them in some trouble..
oh yea, the pranks suck too!!
any advice :(? im thinkin of calling my local priecent tommorow..anyone ever dealt with this kind of thing? any ideas?

-feel free to share stories too :)![/quote]

Um...run with it and have fun? When you get a call, just be silly or goofy back at them. They'll get bored if they know they aren't bugging you. (Unless you pissed them off.) Start asking them what they are wearing and offer suggestions.

Your service might have a code (like the *67) that blocks restricted calls...

Only story I can share was when I was a kid (before Ma Bell broke up and way before Caller ID), we were being harrassed for several days (sometimes, no lie, we would receive over 70 calls an hour). We took that to the police and it turned out to be (as we suspected) a neighbor kid who was bored after his parents went to work. The police went to the house and told the parents that the kid was breaking federal laws and the parents would be responsible. Because of how severe it was at times, the police asked us to pursue it, but we said we only would if we received one more prank call. The calls stopped dead once the parents were "threatened"...

[quote name='6669']If its a newer phone, you can add a certain ringer to "Private" calls. When you hear that ringer, dont answer.[/quote]

Off subject 6669, I have been meaning to mention that your new user pic weirds me out. But, then again, I have always found negatives creepy for some reason...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Um...run with it and have fun? When you get a call, just be silly or goofy back at them. They'll get bored if they know they aren't bugging you. (Unless you pissed them off.) Start asking them what they are wearing and offer suggestions.

Your service might have a code (like the *67) that blocks restricted calls...

Only story I can share was when I was a kid (before Ma Bell broke up and way before Caller ID), we were being harrassed for several days (sometimes, no lie, we would receive over 70 calls an hour). We took that to the police and it turned out to be (as we suspected) a neighbor kid who was bored after his parents went to work. The police went to the house and told the parents that the kid was breaking federal laws and the parents would be responsible. Because of how severe it was at times, the police asked us to pursue it, but we said we only would if we received one more prank call. The calls stopped dead once the parents were "threatened"...[/QUOTE]

i used to run with it, like completely play along, and it was fun..in the first year, then it just started getting repetative, and annoying as hell...and quackzilla, they are about 1 year younger..making them 18-19 ish, if i remember correctly, i think i used to go out with one of them or their friends because the voices sound VERY familiar, but i cant put my finger on it..which sucks hard :(

[quote name='greydemise']i used to run with it, like completely play along, and it was fun..in the first year, then it just started getting repetative, and annoying as hell...and quackzilla, they are about 1 year younger..making them 18-19 ish, if i remember correctly, i think i used to go out with one of them or their friends because the voices sound VERY familiar, but i cant put my finger on it..which sucks hard :([/quote]

Wait...this has been going on a year? If so, definitely take this to the police! (I hope that was a typo...)

Being that they are >18, the cell company should have no probs working with the police on this...

You should post your phone number here, becuase I have this program that blocks all of your prank calls and only lets through the good ones......

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Wait...this has been going on a year? If so, definitely take this to the police! (I hope that was a typo...)

Being that they are >18, the cell company should have no probs working with the police on this...[/QUOTE]

its been going on for 3.5 years

make fun of them til they cry. no im kidding. go to the police dude. not much else you can do, sadly. some people are just assholes, it really sucks...

Just screw with them a little bit and they will stop. Maybe it is somebody you know and what about caller id. Then again people can tap into the Wifi and call people at random.

[quote name='greydemise']its been going on for 3.5 years[/quote]

Wow...and you have only just mentioned the police to them?

Just wow. That is far more patience than I will ever have.

DEFINITELY go to the police, and contact your cell phone company, too...

Uh...have your provider change your cell number? Then make note of who you give the new one out to.

thanks for the feedback everyone :), yea i really think ill be giving the police a call tommorow..and i thought about changing my number, but why should i have to deal with the aggrivation of getting the new number, paying the fee (its cheap ass gamer people :D) and then having to contact everyone 1 by 1 to give it to them...when i can make these bitches suffer :)

-and yea, ive played back with them for the first 2 years, now i just hang up after a few seconds , and they call back 2-3 times (i dont pick up, just rings till it goes to voicemail, then again, and i turn it off, have a few missed calls, all from them)

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Off subject 6669, I have been meaning to mention that your new user pic weirds me out. But, then again, I have always found negatives creepy for some reason...[/QUOTE]
Boo!

There's a way to block restricted numbers, and if someone who you actually want to talk to has a restricted number, they'll just have to dial 0 when they call you to unblock their number so you can see it. Pretty simple (and free as far as I know). Call your provider.

Just tell them to "Suck Me Beautiful"...ok, I saw that part last night in American Pie.

You have some pretty immature 18 year olds....3.5 years also!

yea im surprised they'd still see it as funny..back then id be playing with it for like, 5 minutes or so.and then hanging up, only to ignore like 3-5 of their calls, and now i just hang up after lik1 0 seconds, after finding out who it is, and they still do it..bah humbug

Call your cell phone provider and see if they can help you get the actual number. Once you have their phone number, post it here and we will unleash prank call hell on them.

[quote name='MadFlava']Call your cell phone provider and see if they can help you get the actual number. Once you have their phone number, post it here and we will unleash prank call hell on them.[/quote]Good idea, DO IT NOW!!!! Thanksgiving it tomorrow, let's see how they like being called every 5 minutes in front of their family.

WTF? Am I the only one that doesn't answer his cell if there is a number you don't recognize? If its so important from someone you don't know, they will leave a message. And for them to be pranking you for over 3 years means you obviously must be egging them on. Any sane person would be bored of pranking after a week even if all you did was hang up as soon as you heard them.

[quote name='MadFlava']Call your cell phone provider and see if they can help you get the actual number. Once you have their phone number, post it here and we will unleash prank call hell on them.[/QUOTE]

You could just have the number blocked, but this is so much more fun. Soundboards, anyone?

[quote name='MadFlava']Call your cell phone provider and see if they can help you get the actual number. Once you have their phone number, post it here and we will unleash prank call hell on them.[/QUOTE]

A sound idea I fully support.

The first step is to just clearly tell them to stop calling you. If they don't stop, tell them you are going to call the police if they continue to call. If they still don't stop, then call your cell phone carrier and/or the po po. Basically every time they call and you take it, just say "Do not call my again." and hang up or just don't say anything and hang up. (But, I'd tell them not to call again at least a few times first.) Don't stay on the line and listen for a while or engage in any back and forth.

If you're already doing the other stuff, then it probably is time to escalate things. Not sure what the cops will do besides telling you to change your number, though.

Seeing as how you played along for so long they may not realize how sick you are of it now.

[quote name='Kendro']WTF? Am I the only one that doesn't answer his cell if there is a number you don't recognize? If its so important from someone you don't know, they will leave a message. And for them to be pranking you for over 3 years means you obviously must be egging them on. Any sane person would be bored of pranking after a week even if all you did was hang up as soon as you heard them.[/quote]

Hell - I don't even answer numbers I recognize! If someone needs me, they will leave a VM, and if it is really important, they will call right back.

I also believe there is more to this story, because I find it hard to believe that someone would prank you for over three years if you haven't pissed them off first. Maybe they have sad little lives, but you must really have their attention to act so...well...un-womanly. (In that, I mean most women would have matured and moved on unless they have a REALLY good reason to harrass you.)

I'm betting on a H&D gone wrong...

bread's done
Back