Kegerators - Who's got one/who's made one?

jaso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
So I have the good fortune of working for a company that celebrates beer-thirty every week, and the better fortune of being on the beer committee. Currently, we're looking for a cost-effective solution that will streamline our regular beer runs, mess of bottles and beer-drinking abuse by a select few. The top suggestion was to make/buy an office kegerator and have someone from the beer committee run the tap. My questions are: Has anyone here ever made a kegerator? How expensive was it? Was it difficult? What kind of tools were involved? Where would you suggest going to for resources/parts? How much is a typical pony keg for you of, say, Bud Light?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If this is for a "company".. buy a kegerator, it will save a tremendous amount of time and trouble.

And honestly, wtf "company" is this?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']If this is for a "company".. buy a kegerator, it will save a tremendous amount of time and trouble.

And honestly, wtf "company" is this?[/QUOTE]

I want to know also. What job allows me to get smashed and operate heavy machinery. I have a feeling OP works for a local independent shop like an auto mechanic or something like that.

Pony keg? F that.

Do the real deal:

kegerator_door_open.jpg

Better yet, do what this guy did:
http://brewing.bump.us/kegerator

We're a midwest ad agency, and I'm a copy editor - so no heavy machinery for us. We can't do the full keg because then we'd surely have beer abuse, and a pony keg should provide just enough for everybody to get a couple red Dixie cups of beer.

I was actually looking at that prefab kegerator from Best Buy, but a recommendation from a CAG alcholic does carry some weight with it. Anyone ever order from beveragefactory.com?

when I was in college, I got a kegarator from sears b&m...it worked great...I was able to get different taps (for the different kegs) from the local bars

bread's done
Back