Ken Kutaragi says PS3 is 'Probably too CHEAP

[quote name='Metal Boss']Seeing that pc games have always been pretty scalable, and, actually generally have to be massively scaled down for console ports (HL2 for xbox, Chaos Theory for XBOX, unreal tourny for PS2...etc) getting that level of equipment doesn't concern me and shouldn't for awhile. It's not like you can upgrade your XBOX 360, aside from tacky lil faceplates, granted games will be optimized for the specific hardware, but that just isn't very impressive to begin with. With games like Half Life 2 that still consider people with MX 440s part of the gaming community :) are making it alot easier on the consumer IMO. For next gen? Just look at games like UT 2007 are supposed to be incredibly scalable, the UT engine has always been incredibly well optimized. But not just on the UT engine, most games seem to be getting much better with their graphics scalability...[/quote]

Scaleable=sacrifice. If you okay with 'OK' Performance, 'OK' Graphics, 'OK' sound, then you don't need ANY next generation console. It sounds like you should be happy with what you have.

Sure I would be, I play my PS2 still all the time though, I am happy with my current computer, but why does that mean I wouldn't be even more happy with a PS3?!?!

I hear where your coming from, by the way your wish list does have some damn fine components :cool:

[quote name='Metal Boss']...by the way your wish list does have some damn fine components :cool:[/quote] And it's STILL at least $1000 cheaper than the cheapest Alienware PC :p

[quote name='Metal Boss']By the way, I never said I was going to get the PS3 at launch, nor did I "DIS" the WII in any way as your last little shit-bit alluded to, I always wait for the consoles to break the ice first, although I bought my dreamcast on launch day, and I still play that sucker.[/quote]
My "shit-bit" alluded to your hilarious attempt at stopping "Sony bashing" in a Nintendo forum, with your strategy of choice being "saying some words." I really could not care less about whether or not you want to bash Wii, Xbox, PS3, Nintendo, my mother, or your head against a wall. Concerning Wii, I really wish that someone clever enough would point out anything about Wii that is can be funny, because I too am tired of referecens to Giant Enemy Crabs and Ridge Racer. At this point, though, Nintendo is pretty hard to hate on, at least until their E3 glows wears out.

The only reason why my "shit-bits" praise Sony is because I've always liked rooting for the losing team. By "the losing team" I mean:

[quote name='Tycho of Penny Arcade']
"I really must stress to online PlayStation 3 partisans the extent to which they were not at E3. Those of you playing "the home game" might have seen a trailer or two and come away with the idea that with grace and pride your grey altar stood high over conquered foes. Ain't the case." [/quote]
QED.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Scaleable=sacrifice. If you okay with 'OK' Performance, 'OK' Graphics, 'OK' sound, then you don't need ANY next generation console. It sounds like you should be happy with what you have.[/quote]

Everyone can be perfectly happy with what they have, except for the developers who get paid to make titles that equal excitement, which causes people to invest in the next generation of consoles. The reason that Metroid Prime 3 and Twighlight Princess were made the the GameCube are prime examples of obvious porting over of exclusive titles to ensure a good launch of Wii. Ditto for Microsoft's and Sony's strategy with Halo / Megal Gear Solid franchises respectively...

bread's done
Back