Keyboard or Messenger Kit?

ep2011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
What do you guys recommend? Should I buy a simple USB 2.0 Keyboard for about $7, and an extension cable for about $2, plus shipping, so about $17 at newegg (I don't have any usb keyboards, only PS/2) or should I buy the Xbox 360 messenger kit from amazon for $26 including shipping?

How is the messenger kit? Does anyone have one? I heard it makes the weight unbalanced on the controller... I love how the controller is, I don't really want to ruin it. And how is the new headset? Is it as good as the one my 360 came with?

From what I've read, the messanger mic port uses a special connection, which is why one of the official MS ones is included. This means you cant use 3rd party headsets while also using the messanger kit, which made me decide to not get it. I just use a USB keyboard, though I need to pick up an extension still.

[quote name='Ryukahn']From what I've read, the messanger mic port uses a special connection, which is why one of the official MS ones is included. This means you cant use 3rd party headsets while also using the messanger kit, which made me decide to not get it. I just use a USB keyboard, though I need to pick up an extension still.[/quote]

Yeah, I use the one it came with. But I heard the one the messenger kit came with isn't good quality. What headset do you use btw?

Also, a cheap extension cord (but shipping kinda kills it if you order it alone): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812116131

I use the turtlebeach X2 headset. Only game I can't use it with online is Halo 3 since it doesn't have audio options in the game. If I didn't mind the official headset I'd consider the messanger kit, but I can't stand it and hate having to use it for Halo 3.

Even ordering it by itself seems cheaper than most stores around here. The cord is usually $10, which is why I never buy it.

[quote name='ep2011']
How is the messenger kit? Does anyone have one? I heard it makes the weight unbalanced on the controller... I love how the controller is, I don't really want to ruin it. And how is the new headset? Is it as good as the one my 360 came with?[/quote]

I have the messenger kit, it works pretty well but I don't leave it on the controller when I'm not using it. It does mess up the weight and feel of the pad.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I have the chatpad. I really like it, but I also chat a lot on MSN. If you don't then I wouldn't buy it.[/quote]
I don't. But how is the headset it comes with?

[quote name='benjamouth']I have the messenger kit, it works pretty well but I don't leave it on the controller when I'm not using it. It does mess up the weight and feel of the pad.[/quote]
Ohh, thats what I was afraid of. Personally I'd rather just get up and get a keyboard than have to attach the chatpad every time I need to type...

[quote name='elsnow77']to the OP, just get a ps2-usb adaptor for like 50 cents[/quote]
I looked for one of those, I couldn't find one for so cheap... I'll look again, thanks.

[quote name='v00d00ppl']i use a usb keyboard. 5 bucks..........works like a charm[/quote]
Thanks for clairifying that usb keyboards work great.

---

I think I'm leaning towards the keyboard instead of the messenger kit. If anyone else has the kit, please provide more details about how they like it. Thanks :)

Option c voice message just talk real fast if you have alot 2 say. :D I was going to get the chat pad but never did. I wouldn't keep it connected most da time if i did have it though...

I like my chatpad and honestly I don't notice that much of a difference in feel with it on or off *shrug*. If you have messanger it also becomes far far easier to use since you can just hit the messanger button key in a reply then go right back to gaming without ever looking at one of the blade screens. Keep in mind I got mine to talk to a friend online who's throat is damaged so she can't talk very well thus voice messaging is mostly out.

bread's done
Back