Kick Starter: Dead State: The Zombie Survival RPG

Sounds pretty interesting. It's cheap, and the creators seem to have respectable credentials. Count me in.

This one looks amazing! They are already funded but additional support will allow the devs to add more content:
Just $40K more gets some new areas --Military Base, Regional Airport, County Fair, Mall

If it gets to $240k – (currently $169K)
- More varied attack animations, including more variety in specific weapon set special attacks and kills.
- Two New Allies! Two more warm bodies for your shelter.
- Two new upgrades for the shelter – the shooting range (makes allies better shots) and the gym (makes allies better at melee).

$260k
- More cosmetic options for character creation.
- More zombie appearance variety (including an MMM, Bison! mascot)
– Post-release modifiers for fan requests like amount of food needed, effect of antibiotics, and ability to control allies.

You have until July 5th to invest in this great looking title- $15 gets you a full copy of the game (wow, I sound like a salesman).

Watch the trailer if you're not sure, but this is the game that Fort Zombie should have been. Turn based combat, perks and skills, resource management, base building, dealing with NPCs, decision making that effects the game, and slow moving Romero-esque zombies.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLwvOka3_GE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

[quote name='OwlsTreasures']This is still going strong and they are at $217,117 as of right now. Four days left to get the $240k reach goal![/QUOTE]

Going into the 48 hour countdown and the $240K goals are met, with just over $242K in funding. Next stop is customization, and totally doable:

$260k goal (less than $18K away)
- More cosmetic options for character creation.
- More zombie appearance variety (including an MMM, Bison! mascot)
– Post-release modifiers for fan requests like amount of food needed, effect of antibiotics, and ability to control allies.

So this is a sure bet for us turn based fans. If we're really lucky, they'll reach the $300K goal, and we'll get a cool city area to explore in this game, but I'll be happy with just the character customization goal met.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Looks pretty cool, I'm just late for the Kickstarter...[/QUOTE]

Well, they cleared the $330K mark (animal allies), and have enough funding to make a pretty solid game. Look for the commercial release to be about $30. Or e-mail the devs on kickstarter, because sometimes they allow some "pre-orders" at the kickstarter prices.

bread's done
Back