Kid Icarus confirmed for E3?

ChibiJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11895#

Apparently, this is linked to that rumor from awhile back about Factor 5 developing for the Wii.

Earlier this year, we broke the news that Factor 5 is working internally to revive the beloved Kid Icarus franchise. Although we do not have much new information in regards to the project, we have acquired nearly 30 pieces of concept art for the game, showing various different versions of Pit's new design, plus concept work for some of his weapons.

Update (6-27)
http://news.filefront.com/kid-icarus-doom-4-alan-wake-and-half-life-episode-3-confirmed-for-e3/

Those do look cool! Factor 5 has made some amazing games in the past (I am of course referring only to Rogue Squadron) and this should be nice.

What worries me the most is that, since Nintendo owns Kid Icarus, they might get too involved in the game design process. They make good games, for sure, but I don't want them to overly Nintendo-ize it by making it too kiddy or by refusing to let them give the characters voices.

It doesn't look like that'll happen... the simple fact that they made Pit a young adult instead of a kid (as he appears in SSBB) looks promising. The backstory they talk about in the article also looks cool, and it may indicate that the game will be a little darker than what we're used to from a lot of Nintendo games. But I guess that's why it's being made by Factor 5 and not Nintendo itself!

As long as Factor 5 learned something from the whole Lair control fiasco (which they did), this is going to be awesome. Hopefully it's ready by the end of the year, but we won't know at least until they announce it.

I'm not liking how Kid Icarus doesn't really look like a kid... and I'm not sure I trust Factor 5 anymore. They haven't made a good game in a long while.

[quote name='astromanluca']Those do look cool! Factor 5 has made some amazing games in the past (I am of course referring only to Rogue Squadron) and this should be nice.

What worries me the most is that, since Nintendo owns Kid Icarus, they might get too involved in the game design process. They make good games, for sure, but I don't want them to overly Nintendo-ize it by making it too kiddy or by refusing to let them give the characters voices.

It doesn't look like that'll happen... the simple fact that they made Pit a young adult instead of a kid (as he appears in SSBB) looks promising. The backstory they talk about in the article also looks cool, and it may indicate that the game will be a little darker than what we're used to from a lot of Nintendo games. But I guess that's why it's being made by Factor 5 and not Nintendo itself!

As long as Factor 5 learned something from the whole Lair control fiasco (which they did), this is going to be awesome. Hopefully it's ready by the end of the year, but we won't know at least until they announce it.[/QUOTE]
He is suppose to look like a kid, hence the name. I think it should either be 'Kid Icarus' (looking like a kid) or just 'Icarus'(looking like an adult. Nothing in between.

I have a feeling that Factor 5 will be influenced by the God of War series, something about those pics and the back story just seems to point in that direction, IMO.

It would be hilarious if the Kid Icarus series took a turn akin to the Metroid Prime trilogy. FPS FTW!!! (Not really).

I won't be getting my hopes until the announcement at E3.......;) Might make sense since Reggie did say they plan on tapping into one of Nintendo's franchises for the holidays. Who knows.

Reminds me of when this "leaked" for Kid Icarus Revolution
fake_kid_icarus_art.jpg

Too bad that wasn't real. Had a nice Fire Emblem-y style to it.

This hasn't even been announced yet, so there's certainly no confirmation of whether or not this game (assuming it gets made at all) will be named "Kid Icarus" or not. Also, the name of the character is Pit, not Kid Icarus.

You can say whether or not he looks like a kid but the point is, he looks to be somewhere between 18 and 25, which puts him in young adult territory. This is compared to Pit from SSBB who looks about 13. Like I said earlier, I just hope the game matures along with the character.

God, 99% of these are terrible. Horrible.

It looks like a bunch of Deviantart maniacs all schemed together to leak this stuff.

[quote name='SpazX']I think the Pit from smash bros would be fine. I don't see the point in changing it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I think too, it's like the perfect 3D rendition of Pit without making him look too goofy.

Just cool your jets. This is all still in rumourland and these are just concepts. Nothing final, nothing remotely official. So until something from Factor 5 or Nintendo themselves surfaces, take with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't doubt there be a Kid Icarus game for the Wii, after all he is in Smash. I for one am happy for an new Kid Icarus game if they can make it a really awesome platformer, but at the same time keep it within the limits of reason for Kid Icarus. I am afraid that they might get the wrong idea of Kid Icarus and do some radical design changes which kind of suck or don't fit Pit very well.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm not liking how Kid Icarus doesn't really look like a kid... and I'm not sure I trust Factor 5 anymore. They haven't made a good game in a long while.[/quote]

Exactly, how can it be called Kid Icarus when he's not a kid? It would be like if Excitebike didn't featured bikes but featured trucks or something.

exactly its like final fantasy-oh wait there are more then 1 ff. wait i got it its like how legend of zelda has zelda as the main char-oh wait.[quote name='bigdaddy']Exactly, how can it be called Kid Icarus when he's not a kid? It would be like if Excitebike didn't featured bikes but featured trucks or something.[/quote]

I'm excited for the game because I enjoy the character (from Smash Bros) but, I don't believe it when people act all nostalgic for this character like they loved the game he was in back in the day. Come on, no one played it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Come on, no one played it.[/QUOTE]
I played the game!
I thought it was enjoyable and challenging. Hopefully they stay somewhat true to the original.

[quote name='hlb96']I played the game!
I thought it was enjoyable and challenging. Hopefully they stay somewhat true to the original.[/quote]

Could you elaborate on what was good about the original? What sort of things do you hope are in the new one?

No one played Kid Icarus? I did.

As for the look, why would Nintendo reintroduce Kid Icarus in SSBB only to completely change his look a few months later? If such a game really is being made (and all signs seem to point to yes), I would expect Icarus to look very much like his SSBB incarnation, perhaps with some minor alterations.

[quote name='SpazX']I think the Pit from smash bros would be fine. I don't see the point in changing it.[/quote]
They should at least change the voice.... Between him and Pikachu, I don't know who sounds more annoying.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']They should at least change the voice.... Between him and Pikachu, I don't know who sounds more annoying.[/quote]

"Nice try!" :cool:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't believe it when people act all nostalgic for this character like they loved the game he was in back in the day. Come on, no one played it.[/QUOTE]

I assume you are joking, since pretty much every NES owner I knew in 1988-90 had played and beat the game.

I can still hum the music.

[quote name='elwood731']No one played Kid Icarus? I did.

As for the look, why would Nintendo reintroduce Kid Icarus in SSBB only to completely change his look a few months later? If such a game really is being made (and all signs seem to point to yes), I would expect Icarus to look very much like his SSBB incarnation, perhaps with some minor alterations.[/quote]
Well I Brawl was in development for over 2 years, and I imagine the character designs were locked down pretty early.
Plus Sakurai isn't a Nintendo employee anymore (and wasn't during Brawl's development, he was just working for Nintendo), so I doubt he knew all that much about what other studios were doing.

[quote name='elwood731']No one played Kid Icarus? I did.

As for the look, why would Nintendo reintroduce Kid Icarus in SSBB only to completely change his look a few months later? If such a game really is being made (and all signs seem to point to yes), I would expect Icarus to look very much like his SSBB incarnation, perhaps with some minor alterations.[/quote]
Well I Brawl was in development for over 2 years, and I imagine the character designs were locked down pretty early.
Plus Sakurai isn't a Nintendo employee anymore (and wasn't during Brawl's development, he was just working for Nintendo), so I doubt he knew all that much about what other studios were doing.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Well I Brawl was in development for over 2 years, and I imagine the character designs were locked down pretty early.
Plus Sakurai isn't a Nintendo employee anymore (and wasn't during Brawl's development, he was just working for Nintendo), so I doubt he knew all that much about what other studios were doing.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine Nintendo didn't have final say on the look (and moves) of all their characters. Not saying they chose everything, but I'd imagine they at least signed off on everything. They're pretty particular.

[quote name='elwood731']I can't imagine Nintendo didn't have final say on the look (and moves) of all their characters. Not saying they chose everything, but I'd imagine they at least signed off on everything. They're pretty particular.[/quote]
Actually I was wrong about how many years it was, according to this interview with Sakurai it was in development for 3 years.

Don't forget Sakurai doesn't include (major) content from games currently in development in the Smash series. The cut off for Brawl was early Wii games (Twilight Princess). As far as I know there isn't even music from Super Mario Galaxy or Phantom Hourglass in Brawl.

Nintendo may have signed off on Pit's design, but I would bet it was before this rumored Kid Icarus game was in development.

bread's done
Back