Kijiji- like craigslist, but a ghost town

Diosoth

CAGiversary!
www.kijiji.com

I'm guessing very few people on the planet are even aware that Kijiji exists. I sometimes post copies of my ads on there but their listings- especially in the Cincinnati area- are VERY thin. Counting mine, there are 5 game console listings and 1 is the typical WoW account fraud. Their little page counters show almost no real traffic. And I have never actually received a response from a Kijiji ad. But I guess the 10 people in my area that are aware of it are only out to sell, not buy.

I have to wonder how long it will be before this site shuts down. I can't see the owners justifying the costs to maintain this when there is so little attention put towards it and so few visitors.

[quote name='Porksta']It is owned by ebay, so it will probably stay up for a while. I believe Canadians use it more often than US.[/QUOTE]

Yep, kijiji is much bigger than craigslist in Canada. Nobody uses craigslist at all where I live, you're lucky to get maybe 5 listings a day on craigslist, while there are hundreds daily on kijiji.

I live near Toronto and Kijiji is vastly superior to Craiglist, both for selling and buying. I used to list my items on both, but now I don't bother with CL.

bread's done
Back