kill bill vol. 2?

haha...BANNED

Anyways, Best Buy has a deal where if you buy it you get a limited slip-case that holds both Vol.1 & Vol.2

Of course, I would wait until Tarantino releases both of these AGAIN on DVD in a longer, uncut DVD.

good movies...but i think they'll be even better when shown in long form.

releases:
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Kill Bill Vol 1&2 Double Pack
Kill Bill Vol 1:SE
Kill Bill Vol 2:SE
Kill Bill Vol 1&2:SE Double Pack
Kill Bill Directors Cut

i have a while to wait...

[quote name='Wshakspear']good movies...but i think they'll be even better when shown in long form.

releases:
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Kill Bill Vol 1&2 Double Pack
Kill Bill Vol 2:SE
Kill Bill Vol 1&2:SE Double Pack
Kill Bill Directors Cut

i have a while to wait...[/quote]

Is this really how they are going to be released?

between kill bill 1 & 2, that was how they were going to proceed. One way or the other these:
Kill Bill Vol 1
Kill Bill Vol 2
Kill Bill Vol 2:Se
Kill Bill Directors Cut

will be released. they may or may not do those bundles

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Damn, I was going to hold out for some kind of double pack, but I guess it's not meant to be.[/quote]

actually, the directors cut is both movies, shown as originally made. The DP's most likely will be made, but are not as garunteed as the other releases.

I didn't realize they were going to do SE then a director's cut. Damn you Tarantino...take our money and run. I hate all these re-releases.

What is supposed to be extra on th eSE?

behind the scenes and the like. Possibly some deleted footage, commentary, the usual.

the directors cut will be just that, the directors cut incorporating the two films. With my deconstruction of both films in my head and the review from cannes at AICN, i believe this will be the way to go.

I've got the Japanese uncut DVD of Kill Bill Vol. 1. I think that I might just buy the U.S. release of Vol. 2 (since the movie is the same version even in Japan), and maybe get that box at Best Buy. The Japanese DVD is going to be pretty much the same for Vol. 2. The only difference is that the Japanese DVD has better cover art. Oh, well...

You can download better cover art, though. I have an awesome cover that I'm going to print off and use for Volume 2.

I'd also like to know about the cool cover art you are going to use for Volume 2.

Also, the director's cut (both films put together) will technically contain less footage than parts 1 and 2 put together. A few scenes will be cut, including The Bride's speech while driving at the beginning of part 2. I figured that buying the uncut Vol. 1 and any version of Vol. 2 would give the most footage of any version. So, I'll probably just buy Vol. 2, and then be done with buying any Kill Bill stuff... unless there's some really cool stuff on the upcoming releases.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'd also like to know about the cool cover art you are going to use for Volume 2.

Also, the director's cut (both films put together) will technically contain less footage than parts 1 and 2 put together. A few scenes will be cut, including The Bride's speech while driving at the beginning of part 2. I figured that buying the uncut Vol. 1 and any version of Vol. 2 would give the most footage of any version. So, I'll probably just buy Vol. 2, and then be done with buying any Kill Bill stuff... unless there's some really cool stuff on the upcoming releases.[/quote]

yeah, but he'll add stuff like the Michael J. White (Spawn) fight :)

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Saucy Jack']I'd also like to know about the cool cover art you are going to use for Volume 2.

Also, the director's cut (both films put together) will technically contain less footage than parts 1 and 2 put together. A few scenes will be cut, including The Bride's speech while driving at the beginning of part 2. I figured that buying the uncut Vol. 1 and any version of Vol. 2 would give the most footage of any version. So, I'll probably just buy Vol. 2, and then be done with buying any Kill Bill stuff... unless there's some really cool stuff on the upcoming releases.[/quote]

yeah, but he'll add stuff like the Michael J. White (Spawn) fight :)[/quote]

?? The fight is on the Vol. 2 DVD that comes out Tuesday.

Yeah, I think the M.J. White scene is on the DVD.

I've heard a few reports from screenings that say that nothing was added, only things taken out. If that is the case, that sucks. It would be the same as watching Vol. 1 and then Vol. 2 back-to-back.

Wait another 15 years, Quentin might do Kill Bill 3 from the point of the little girl(s) then get the triple set on HD-DVD or Blu-ray discs.

if what you're saying is right, wshakspear, then I'm going to be waiting a while. I'd much rather the Director's Cut than 2 SE's. I also have been holding off already, cause I knew there'd be SE's and possibly a 1&2 boxed set, which I'd much rather have.

Whether they do all these double-dips or not is kind of up in the air. IGN posted a quote from one of the reps of Miramax who basically said they were going to do as many editions as they could squeeze from the films. This sent many an editor, movie fan, and DVD buyer into an angry frenzy.

So, if IGN is to be trusted, Miramax has apparently taken a whole lot of shit for the guy's comment. Whether or not this means they won't be assholes by releasing an ungodly number of sets is to be seen.

Personally, I'm not sure what to do. I already own Volume 1, so naturally I'm inclined to buy Volume 2. But if I'm going to get screwed on it...I don't know. Maybe I'll get Volume 2 and buy the Director's Cut down the line.

This whole issue of multiple releases is really too fucked up to try to think out, besides the obvious "Miramax is reaming us all."

I went to best buy today and picked up volume 2 and it came with the free slip sleeve. the slip sleeve owns hardcore and i suggest anyone planning on picking up volume 2 go to best buy to get this. its very nice. i put the now boxed set on display on top of my dvd shelf :)

[quote name='doubledown']haha...BANNED

Anyways, Best Buy has a deal where if you buy it you get a limited slip-case that holds both Vol.1 & Vol.2

Of course, I would wait until Tarantino releases both of these AGAIN on DVD in a longer, uncut DVD.[/quote]

I will get the Special Editions WHEN they come out, but i also loved the movies so much in the theatre that I had to pick them up now, I can always ebay when the announcement for the extended editions comes in

Got volume 2 at Best Buy yesterday. Dissapointing extra features, but I don't have the patience to wait for the SEs. I was also wondering what the Japanese "uncut" versions have.

bread's done
Back