Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition - $39.99 @ Amazon

Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GVE4ZXQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition includes all 26 characters and 20 stages from Seasons 1-3, Killer Instinct Classic 1&2, Killer Instinct Original Soundtrack, and a bonus skin pack, Gold Gargos.
  • Explore the lore, characters and music of Killer Instinct with exclusive behind-the-scenes videos, artwork and an original game soundtrack.
  • Compete in online multiplayer matches or test your skill online in Monthly Ranked Leagues.
  • Play a cinematic story mode or train an AI combatant and challenge your friends to matches in Shadow Labs.
  • Xbox One Console Exclusive.

71HemDcx4qL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

71a5yHuN2EL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

It's a deal in the sense it's cheaper than the digital copy, which justifies the post.

And. like others have said, it is a physical copy, that comes with EVERYTHING the digital copy came with at a cheaper price + soundtrack.  If you don't have the game and want it, this is the way to go unless you want digital.  I might actually snag one for the shelf since I have everything digitally on the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. This game was on my radar as I recently bought an Xbox One. Now I'll be waiting for the Definitive Edition.

Its cheaper than buying each season digitally. And its also $32 with Prime so even cheaper.
Yeah, especially given the week before last Season 3 alone was almost $27 on sale. It is a great deal for those that haven't tried it yet, it is a very good game.

So this definitive edition means they are done with the game?
Not necessarily, but probably. This isn't the first time they have released a collection physical version, they did that for season one and threw in TJ Combo.

But, they have pretty much run the course of previous characters, and now have done the other franchise thing. Half of this season were characters from other games. For a season four they would have to have more guest stars or create more new characters.

Tbh, the way Iron Galaxy is handling Killer Instinct is the way all fighting games should be handled.  

fuck, all I want is EA to make a digital NHL '94 remake with a base price of like $10, and then update the rosters every year for a small $2-3 fee.

One can dream....

If I get this will the characters transfer over to the Windows 10 version?
Yes, but you'll have to buy the W10 version to play on W10 if you go for the physical version of this.

The game is crossbuy and crosssave though, so if you buy the digital version of this on Xbone, you'll be able to play on either platform and all your stats/unlocks will follow.

Tbh, the way Iron Galaxy is handling Killer Instinct is the way all fighting games should be handled.

fuck, all I want is EA to make a digital NHL '94 remake with a base price of like $10, and then update the rosters every year for a small $2-3 fee.

One can dream....
I like Capcom's new fight money system better. Give the players the option to earn DLC or buy it.

Gonna pick up this though. Been holding out for a full version.

Yes, but you'll have to buy the W10 version to play on W10 if you go for the physical version of this.

The game is crossbuy and crosssave though, so if you buy the digital version of this on Xbone, you'll be able to play on either platform and all your stats/unlocks will follow.
You're sure? I got a physical copy of season 1 and they carried over but I wasn't sure if it was going to be the same.

I like Capcom's new fight money system better. Give the players the option to earn DLC or buy it.
That is pretty much the only thing Capcom got right about the Street Fighter 5 rollout. And that still isn't working right 6 months later.

I definitely like the ability to earn new characters, it is similar to how you used to unlock new characters in a fighting game. It would be cool if they allowed you to do that in Killer Instinct.

Gonna pick up this though. Been holding out for a full version.

That is pretty much the only thing Capcom got right about the Street Fighter 5 rollout. And that still isn't working right 6 months later.

I definitely like the ability to earn new characters, it is similar to how you used to unlock new characters in a fighting game. It would be cool if they allowed you to do that in Killer Instinct.
I don't know. I find it impossible to "earn" after getting the initial batch of easy fight money. Unless you play the game non-stop online, there's no way to earn your way to all the important contents like characters and stages. It's all a marketing ploy. Now, I'm actually preferring Capcom's old method of releasing 5 different iterations of the game throughout its life span or do what Killer Instinct is doing.

You're sure? I got a physical copy of season 1 and they carried over but I wasn't sure if it was going to be the same.
Your progress will carry over regardless, as it's cross-save, but no, you can't use a Xbone disc version to play the W10 version unless you're just streaming the game to your computer from your Xbone. If you buy it digitally you will own the crap you own on Xbone on the W10 version though, as it's cross-buy.

Basically, if you primarily play on your Xbone and/or you don't mind using streaming to play on your PC, get it at retail.

If you primarily play on W10 and/or you don't want to bother with streaming, get it digitally.

Personally, I'll probably buy it at retail and trade in the game disc whenever the digital version goes 50% off, so I can keep all the extra goodies (CD, gold Gargos, etc)

Your progress will carry over regardless, as it's cross-save, but no, you can't use a Xbone disc version to play the W10 version unless you're just streaming the game to your computer from your Xbone. If you buy it digitally you will own the crap you own on Xbone on the W10 version though, as it's cross-buy.

Basically, if you primarily play on your Xbone and/or you don't mind using streaming to play on your PC, get it at retail.

If you primarily play on W10 and/or you don't want to bother with streaming, get it digitally.

Personally, I'll probably buy it at retail and trade in the game disc whenever the digital version goes 50% off, so I can keep all the extra goodies (CD, gold Gargos, etc)
Sorry I should have been more clear, I meant my characters carried over to Windows 10 from my season one physical disc. So unless season 1 was offered free at some point (Games With Gold) then it would seem like the characters from this one would carry over too. I did buy 2 characters on sale and TJ Combo was included as a code with my physical copy so of course they'd carry over but everyone else I have would have come from the disc. I tweeted the KI twitter about it but they don't respond.

Sorry I should have been more clear, I meant my characters carried over to Windows 10 from my season one physical disc. So unless season 1 was offered free at some point (Games With Gold) then it would seem like the characters from this one would carry over too. I did buy 2 characters on sale and TJ Combo was included as a code with my physical copy so of course they'd carry over but everyone else I have would have come from the disc. I tweeted the KI twitter about it but they don't respond.
Ah, mystery solved. Season 1 Ultra Edition was a GWG back in January. That's probably why you have the Season 1 characters on Windows 10. Has nothing to do with the disc. Those will stay available on W10 as long as you keep your Gold membership active, and TJ Combo (and the 2 other characters) will remain available in the W10 version for you indefinitely.

Ah, mystery solved. Season 1 Ultra Edition was a GWG back in January. That's probably why you have the Season 1 characters on Windows 10. Has nothing to do with the disc. Those will stay available on W10 as long as you keep your Gold membership active, and TJ Combo (and the 2 other characters) will remain available in the W10 version for you indefinitely.
Well damn alright. Guess I'll hold off on this one then, I'd rather play PC since I can use my 360 arcade stick.

Why not just buy it digitally then so you can own both versions for 1 price?
Yeah I'll wait on a digital deal I guess. The only one I see with Season 2 and 3 is Supreme which is $50 on the Xbox Store but it also includes all the skins and even the classic games. Wait for a sale and get discounted XBL cards.

I don't know. I find it impossible to "earn" after getting the initial batch of easy fight money. Unless you play the game non-stop online, there's no way to earn your way to all the important contents like characters and stages. It's all a marketing ploy. Now, I'm actually preferring Capcom's old method of releasing 5 different iterations of the game throughout its life span or do what Killer Instinct is doing.
This is about as wrong as you can be. I did all 20 character story's so far, General Story, EX G story, All 20 easy survivals, All 20 character Demo's (you can just skip through them) 5 normal survivals, 5 character trails. Just from that i got 500,500 Fight money. Not a single rank match played. I bought the 4 new characters & have enough for Juri next week. I still have 15 normal survivals to do & 16 character trails, plus Juri's story/demo/trails/ easy & normal survivals. Enough to get Urien when he come out plus two stages. Then you have Urien's Story/demo/trails/ E&N survival. It seems like you need to take time & get better at the game.

bread's done
Back