Killzone 2 $29.99 Shipped from Newegg

Damn it, I knew it was too good to be true that GameFly had that great of a deal on it. It will probably be this price everywhere soon. And somebody in that thread insisted it won't be cheap for "years". Yeah, whatever. Show me one PS/3 exclusive that has really held its value--yeah there aren't any.

[quote name='turls']Damn it, I knew it was too good to be true that GameFly had that great of a deal on it. It will probably be this price everywhere soon. And somebody in that thread insisted it won't be cheap for "years". Yeah, whatever. Show me one PS/3 exclusive that has really held its value--yeah there aren't any.[/QUOTE]

Heavenly sword still regular price $59.99 and Uncharted held it for 2 years and R2 is still regular price $59.99 on Amazon.

[quote name='turls']Damn it, I knew it was too good to be true that GameFly had that great of a deal on it. It will probably be this price everywhere soon. And somebody in that thread insisted it won't be cheap for "years". Yeah, whatever. Show me one PS/3 exclusive that has really held its value--yeah there aren't any.[/QUOTE]
The first Ratchet & Clank game took almost 2 years to drop to $29.99 too.

[quote name='kearns710']How is the online communty now that mw2 is out?[/QUOTE]

Good question, but with these sales, expect a slight boost... I really need to pick my copy back up.

Excellent deal. Sony needs to drop the msrp already.

Even worse, Resistance 2 came out months before Killzone 2 and that still retails for $60 too.

[quote name='kearns710']How is the online communty now that mw2 is out?[/QUOTE]

Lots of people playing.

[quote name='3rdbass']Heavenly sword still regular price $59.99 and Uncharted held it for 2 years and R2 is still regular price $59.99 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Heavenly Sword was sold dirt cheap at Target for a while on clearance. My guess is its been on sale a few times too.

Great deal on a great FPS. I was concerned about MW2 killing the online, but seems like nothing to worry about. Get this before the case changes to a greatest hits one!

So I heard the online was gimped for this game, is that still true? Are there still many people playing online? Get this or MW2?@? Decisions!

[quote name='greyzieoriental']+1
Black Friday deals are more important.[/QUOTE]

Only thing stopping me from buying this right now.

Unloaded my copy of Killzone 2 yesterday on ebay for 30 bucks. It's not a bad game, but there isn't much variety in the gameplay and the enemies are mostly all the same looking. I had always heard so many good things about Killzone 2, yet I came away thinking it was a good game but not really great. COD MW2 is much more fun to play, especially online...at least for me.

Incredible deal. I bought this a while back ago for $46.99 or so, and thought that was as good as I could expect until the title became a GH's title. Other than this being an Amazon DOTD or Lightning Deal leading up to Black Friday ($19.98 or $24.98), I don't see any retailer coming close to this offer.

I wonder if Amazon will price match? I have a bunch of credit from the recent "Buy X get $X video game credit" deals.

Hard to imagine people would still be playing the MP for this game with MW2 being out and all.

Guys the online play of this is hands down better than MW2. The gameplay and graphics are of no comparison. Im not in any way saying MW2 is a bum but i played k2 for about 7 months and then i tried to play MW2 here and there and its just not there for me. If you are a FPS fanatic this is a must. Also the 6 new maps for 12 bucks is worth it. A MUST BUY FOR A PS3 OWNER!!!! Argon

[quote name='LeRoy']Hard to imagine people would still be playing the MP for this game with MW2 being out and all.[/QUOTE]

I guess you need a stronger imagination. KZ2 is one of the most popular multiplayer games on PS3. It's going to go strong for a long time.

This was the breaking point for me...do not see this dropping anytime soon and I was pissed at myself for missing the amazon.com sale a few weeks ago while I was living my other life in Puerto Rico. Looking forward to finally playing it. Just finished Uncharted 2...Metal Gear Solid 4 and working on Gears of War 2 playing co-op with my boy. Playing Resistance again and love it now as much as I did in 2006.

Great price for a great looking game.

:)

Sweet! I had a $5 coupon code for newegg that I didn't know what to use on, so $24.99 for me was a no-brainer. Thanks OP:)

How long is the single player? is the story good? is it worth $30 for just the single player?

i am not interested in multiplayer.

One thing I didn't like in the single player was the game would kind of freeze a second or two every so often. Got really annoying and I guess the game was loading or something. This no doubt will be 29.99 GH very soon...already hot the European equivalent a few months back.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']One thing I didn't like in the single player was the game would kind of freeze a second or two every so often. Got really annoying and I guess the game was loading or something. This no doubt will be 29.99 GH very soon...already hot the European equivalent a few months back.[/QUOTE]
true. and GH games usually end up $20 on amazon sooner rather than later.
i guess ill just wait. $20 for single player seems about right.

If you play alot of FPS you may find the controls sluggish on this game. I bought it for $60 about the week it came out, which I regret, but 30 seems worth it. Single player is decent enough. Wait a little longer and you'll probably fine a better deal during Black Friday.

[quote name='SaveSome']If you play alot of FPS you may find the controls sluggish on this game. I bought it for $60 about the week it came out, which I regret, but 30 seems worth it. Single player is decent enough. Wait a little longer and you'll probably fine a better deal during Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, controls are heavy feeling. That's one bad thing if you play a lot of something like COD, which has great, tight control. If you switch back and forth between the two games you have to readjust to each game.

Killzone 2 is one of my favorite games and I just want to warn everyone.

Killzone 2 isn't for everyone. The story/abilities/etc aren't very realistic, but the gameplay goes for a realistic approach. You can't tank a lot of hits or move your crosshair at the speed of light. They fixed the input delay, so you don't have to worry about that but it still retains it's "Slower, heavier" mechanics.

Also you can't get your crosshair on someone and hold down R1. Spraying reduces accuracy and recoils your gun like crazy. Personally, this is why I love Killzone 2 so much but for guys that like fast twitch shooters where you just spray, it may not be for you. I'm not making fun of them because I just got MW2 and I love it, but Killzone 2 doesn't play like a traditional FPS.

If you don't mind the realistic controls, you'll love it. Lots of classes/abilities, weapons feel very different, best killing "chirp" ever, custom soundtrack, etc. :)

[quote name='heavy liquid']Damn, too bad. I would've jumped on it for that price.[/QUOTE]
you can get it on ebay for like $20 used

bread's done
Back