Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just the normal game or did it come with the home clothes? Cause I might just go buy it at target then take it back when I get my amazon copy.

[quote name='dolemite']Is it just the normal game or did it come with the home clothes? Cause I might just go buy it at target then take it back when I get my amazon copy.[/quote]

It was just the game. I think Amazon emails the code for the home stuff in a week or 2 (not sure).

[quote name='V878']It was just the game. I think Amazon emails the code for the home stuff in a week or 2 (not sure).[/quote]

nice. looks like ill be playing tonight then.

[quote name='wealthyassgamer']ugh, prime shipping barely shipped now expecting on the 2nd.[/quote]

Did you choose "Release Date Delivery" under shipping? If you did you might be able to complain and score a GC or something. If you didn't select release date delivery then that's on you.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you choose "Release Date Delivery" under shipping? If you did you might be able to complain and score a GC or something. If you didn't select release date delivery then that's on you.[/quote]

I did check release date delivery. The only thing I can think of that screwed anything up was when i received an e-mail yesterday saying that my method of payment had an error which wasn't even true b/c i entered in the same info as a new "visa card" and they accepted that (also did that yesterday). Who do I complain to exactly if I wanted to score some "we're sorry" points?

Just booted up KZ2 for the first time. It's looking pretty cool so far. However, I need some help from someone.
During the first level, when you first have to turn a crank using the sixaxis motion, I cannot turn the damn crank! I have tried for like 10 minutes now, turning the controller every way possible, and trying with a second controller, to no avail. He will grab the crank wheel when I hold R1 & L1 and then nothing. I can't progress any further.
Please HELP!
It's probably something I am overlooking, but I have no idea, ATM.

[quote name='lassiterb']Just booted up KZ2 for the first time. It's looking pretty cool so far. However, I need some help from someone.
During the first level, when you first have to turn a crank using the sixaxis motion, I cannot turn the damn crank! I have tried for like 10 minutes now, turning the controller every way possible, and trying with a second controller, to no avail. He will grab the crank wheel when I hold R1 & L1 and then nothing. I can't progress any further.
Please HELP!
It's probably something I am overlooking, but I have no idea, ATM.[/quote]You have to hold R! & L1 and then turn the wheel in the direction of the arrows. Let go of R1 & L1 and position your hands back to the opposite side of the wheel and rinse and repeat. Took a me a little bit to figure it out to. Hope it helps. :)

[quote name='help1']Any free shippers get notices yet?[/quote]

got a notice this morning right after I just won a amazon GC at school :cry: I thought they would ship it a few days later like they said they would when I first ordered.

mine is expected to get here next Friday

That's pretty funny... Amazon sent me an e-mail saying my Release Date Delivery won't make it but the UPS guy just came about an hour ago. SWEET!

[quote name='dolemite']Is it just the normal game or did it come with the home clothes? Cause I might just go buy it at target then take it back when I get my amazon copy.[/quote]

[quote name='V878']It was just the game. I think Amazon emails the code for the home stuff in a week or 2 (not sure).[/quote]

Yeah. All I got was the game. No home clothes or anything. Release date shipping. Showed up at my door at 10am this morning...

...can't beat that!

[quote name='lassiterb']Just booted up KZ2 for the first time. It's looking pretty cool so far. However, I need some help from someone.
Please HELP!
It's probably something I am overlooking, but I have no idea, ATM.[/quote]

It's a glitch. Hold the "PS" button and "Turn off Controller" then press the button again and turn it back on. Dualshock sometimes doesn't work either until you do this.

I went through the same thing this morning. (I hear a patch is supposed to be out or coming.)

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Are you fucking kidding?[/quote]

No. They aren't very polished. Its still a good game just the graphics suck. I think GOW 2 looks better. Its kinda like playing the wii on a 40 in hdtv at 480p. The graphics of the game diminish.

[quote name='dolemite']No. They aren't very polished. Its still a good game just the graphics suck. I think GOW 2 looks better. Its kinda like playing the wii on a 40 in hdtv at 480p. The graphics of the game diminish.[/quote]

I strongly disagree. I can't say what GOW2 looks like... but I do know that the 360 has anti-aliasing and the PS3 doesn't (either that or the AA on the PS3 has just never been any good.)

So SHARPER... maybe... but I can't imagine any game currently available on either console (with the possible exception of MGS4) looking "better."

Amazon comes through yet again. Game looks and plays great (looks great in that it's gritty and realistic and not everything has a plastic shine to it like Unreal engine games). Likening the game's graphics to a Wii at 480p is a stretch by any means.

[quote name='rainless']I strongly disagree. I can't say what GOW2 looks like... but I do know that the 360 has anti-aliasing and the PS3 doesn't (either that or the AA on the PS3 has just never been any good.)

So SHARPER... maybe... but I can't imagine any game currently available on either console (with the possible exception of MGS4) looking "better."[/quote]

Sharper was what I was looking for. Well if they give a game the best score I expect the game to be perfect in all aspects. MGS4 or uncharted are prob the best looking ps3 games to me (I haven't played a lot). But i've been playing the 360 a lot and it tends to have "sharper" graphics And remember I never said the game was crap I enjoyed playing the first level.

[quote name='rainless']I strongly disagree. I can't say what GOW2 looks like... but I do know that the 360 has anti-aliasing and the PS3 doesn't (either that or the AA on the PS3 has just never been any good.)

So SHARPER... maybe... but I can't imagine any game currently available on either console (with the possible exception of MGS4) looking "better."[/quote]The PS3 uses it's own form of AA called "quincunx". Games that use quincunx remove jaggies just like AA except quincunx causes loss of detail of the image because it blurs the image to remove the jaggies. Multi platform games look sharper on the 360 because of the superior techniques that AA uses without having to lose detail. This post is just to elaborate on the point you made btw, not trying to fan flames. lol

[quote name='silent h3ro']The PS3 uses it's own form of AA called "quincunx". Games that use quincunx remove jaggies just like AA except quincunx causes loss of detail of the image because it blurs the image to remove the jaggies. Multi platform games look sharper on the 360 because of the superior techniques that AA uses without having to lose detail. This post is just to elaborate on the point you made btw, not trying to fan flames. lol[/quote]

No I really appreciate it. I had never heard of "quincunx" before. (And me not hearing about something video related is RARE.)

So on to the next logical question: Why the hell doesn't the PS3 just use AA?

I'm assuming it's a hardware thing...

Did anyone pre-order this through that Goozex promotion a few weeks ago? They haven't sent me any sort of follow-up email besides the initial confirmation (which didn't even have an order number) and there's no status checker on the website...

[quote name='dolemite']No. They aren't very polished. Its still a good game just the graphics suck. I think GOW 2 looks better. Its kinda like playing the wii on a 40 in hdtv at 480p. The graphics of the game diminish.[/QUOTE]

You are clearly in the .01 minority since every gaming review and the gaming public disagree with you.

[quote name='eau']Mine with FSSS shipped today. Should be here early next week :D[/quote]
Grrr not mine, says its shipping soon still. But ohh Well I can wait.

Got a shipment confirmation early this morning. Tracking says it shipped from their Bell, CA warehouse which means I should be getting it on Monday.

Once again, FSSS doesn't screw me and Amazon FTW.

[quote name='maximus101']You are clearly in the .01 minority since every gaming review and the gaming public disagree with you.[/quote]I dunno about .01, but agreed...

I guess it's like the PS1/N64 (jagginess vs. blurriness) thing. GOW2 maybe be "sharper" in terms of definition but it's jagg-o-riffic. Killzone 2 is one of the least aliased console games I've seen to date. This guy must be playing on a 60"+ 720p set to be complaining about the "blurriness" even the most distant objects/explosions looked perfectly clear to me. To each their own I suppose.

[quote name='Serpentor']Not my FSSS, it's still March3-6 for me (to ship, not to be delivered by).[/quote]

Yeah mine says March 3rd or 4th total bs because they put it in shipping process so you can't cancel. I'm kind of pissed off but I guess saving 15 dollars is the good part. Amazon screwed it up, but if the game is that good it will still be fun when I get it. I won't be ordering my RE5 from amazon thats for sure.

Yea, I was a bit peeved at Amazon's way of handling this game's shipping, so I just bought it at Bestbuy and will return the Amazon copy when it comes.

Life is too short to wait, haha.

[quote name='dolemite']No. They aren't very polished. Its still a good game just the graphics suck. I think GOW 2 looks better. Its kinda like playing the wii on a 40 in hdtv at 480p. The graphics of the game diminish.[/quote]
This post is so far out of whack and wrong it cause me to issue my first post! I have gears 2 and killzone on a 60" elite pioneer kuro display and let me tell you killzone is just as impressive as gears if not moreso since it does it on a grand scale. Killzone is no 5v5 weaksauce. Its 32v32 online madness and still maintains awesome graphics. Buy a better display and look again. Killzone 2 is the best shooter Ive played this gen including gears, and i have played them all.

[quote name='GBKeroberos']I dunno about .01, but agreed...

I guess it's like the PS1/N64 (jagginess vs. blurriness) thing. GOW2 maybe be "sharper" in terms of definition but it's jagg-o-riffic. Killzone 2 is one of the least aliased console games I've seen to date. This guy must be playing on a 60"+ 720p set to be complaining about the "blurriness" even the most distant objects/explosions looked perfectly clear to me. To each their own I suppose.[/quote]
no the game looks fantatic on the big screen. No jaggies and very smooth. Gears 2 is what suffers on the big screen.

[quote name='tightclaws']Yeah mine says March 3rd or 4th total bs because they put it in shipping process so you can't cancel. I'm kind of pissed off but I guess saving 15 dollars is the good part. Amazon screwed it up, but if the game is that good it will still be fun when I get it. I won't be ordering my RE5 from amazon thats for sure.[/quote]

I finally got the shipping notice. The only reason i went with Amazon with this b/c the costume code for Home. Not that i need it, i can sell it for maybe $10 or so. I can wait a little, since SFIV and LBP are keeping me busy. But yeah, FSSS sucks big time... I know it's free, but it's like a 2nd class thing (i.e. getting shipped after everyone else).

[quote name='gatti-man']no the game looks fantatic on the big screen. No jaggies and very smooth. Gears 2 is what suffers on the big screen.[/quote]

i agree with Gears 2's comment. I played it on the 56" and it looks good, but not super good like a lot of people are saying. To me, Gears 2 have that fluorescent look to it. It's cool to look at it, but it's not warm. I don't know, it's a different visual feeling, when you play the game the first time, you hardly care about such thing. Hell, Resistance 2 looks better IMO.

My KZ2 is still in transit, but come on, saying it looks like GoW2 for the PS2, i find that hard to believe... Don't get me wrong, GoW2 looks good, very good, but nevertheless, it's a last gen game (even it's a top notch, top of its class).

Just saw the HD KZ2 clip on PSN (Christina Lee), come on, it looks great! And from what i read, that clip is generated from the game.

Just checked my mailbox and saw that Calzone 2 was sitting there. FSSS didn't let me down as the game just came out on Friday.

I won't be buying from Amazon again as far as new releases, they screw me on them every time, mine still not shipped. They think because they give some long extended shipping time that its alright to go ahead and let yours sit there until the last minute. I don't mind waiting but putting my item in shipping as of Thurs 27Th and still not shipped by today , thats crap so I can't cancel the order its sneaky and underhanded.

[quote name='Serpentor']Hell, Resistance 2 looks better IMO.[/QUOTE]

Umm, No. Resistance 2 looks worse than both Gears and K2.

I'd have to say Gears 2 and K2 look pretty close, with the edge going to K2. I was actually a bit disappointed because people were saying K2 was SO MUCH better, but it's not. I'm basing this off of a 50" 9G Kuro.

[quote name='tightclaws']I won't be buying from Amazon again as far as new releases, they screw me on them every time, mine still not shipped. They think because they give some long extended shipping time that its alright to go ahead and let yours sit there until the last minute. I don't mind waiting but putting my item in shipping as of Thurs 27Th and still not shipped by today , thats crap so I can't cancel the order its sneaky and underhanded.[/quote]

Well now its moved out of shipping soon since I tried to cancel and its offering me a cancel option on the website. Not sure what to do.

[quote name='tightclaws']Well now its moved out of shipping soon since I tried to cancel and its offering me a cancel option on the website. Not sure what to do.[/quote]

Just wait it off, it'll come, they have a phone number as well you can call...

Did anyone get that Home outfit code yet? When are we suppose to get that?

Anyone have any ideas?

[quote name='tightclaws']I won't be buying from Amazon again as far as new releases, they screw me on them every time, mine still not shipped. They think because they give some long extended shipping time that its alright to go ahead and let yours sit there until the last minute. I don't mind waiting but putting my item in shipping as of Thurs 27Th and still not shipped by today , thats crap so I can't cancel the order its sneaky and underhanded.[/QUOTE]

To everyone complaining about amazon.com and shipping. I received shipping notice on Sunday. To be fair to amazon.com at least they are shipping your orders and they gave you an estimated time. Compare that to the deepdiscount.com fiasco on the SF IV CE for the PS3 (and later the 360 version for me). I don't expect to even get the game even though I pre-ordered the game almost two weeks before release! I thas been almost three weeks now since release. DD even took orders claiming in-stock when they were really back ordered for people like me who already ordered.

[quote name='leesiulung']Did anyone get that Home outfit code yet? When are we suppose to get that?

Anyone have any ideas?
[/quote]
10 days, or up to 10 days, after release date via email.

C'mon guys, don't you guys read anything on the page besides the price when you buy something? Especially if you are wanting the home code.

Me too.

There's an auction on Ebay that is at 16.50 with 7 days left. Again,that auction is just for the code. That is ridicuolous. I wan to sell it but I'll wait to see if everyone puts it on Ebay and see if prices go up or down.

They finally shipped yesterday, but still no tracking. I be will lucky to have it next week some time, at least I got the codes I will never use. :)

[quote name='tightclaws']They finally shipped yesterday, but still no tracking. I be will lucky to have it next week some time, at least I got the codes I will never use. :)
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Same as. Shame.

Thanks
Saint

bread's done
Back